The Student Room Group

Did you take a grammar school entrance exam? What was the outcome?

This poll is closed

Did you undertake a grammar school entrance exam? What was the outcome?

Yes - I passed 75%
Yes - I failed 13%
No13%
Total votes: 40
People who go to comprehensive schools usually do some BTEC subjects in place of GCSEs; somehow a pass is equivalent to an A* in the latter.

Scroll to see replies

took it and got into all the grammar schools in birmingham and walsall.
240/300
I did take it, yes. I failed. :pierre:
Yeah...I passed Upton Court (scraped it...112 when the pass was 111) and also Langley Grammar (124..somehow I got this..I was expected to fail this one but I passed with flying colours..), yet I went to UCGS.
sorry im not TSR's average
didn't take this at the age of 2 and get full marks

Spoiler

Took the Bexley Grammar Schools test. Failed by 7 marks. Sad face.Got a private academic scholarship the day after though so I guess that there's that
I didn't take the entrance for secondary school grammar, but I am now moving from my comprehensive to a grammar to do my a-levels.
Nope. Never even considered it.
I failed to get into St Olaves
I took two enterance exams. One was for a grammar school which I failed the other was for a private school (not grammar ) and I passes it so I ended up at that high school.
Original post by sulaimanali
Yeah...I passed Upton Court (scraped it...112 when the pass was 111) and also Langley Grammar (124..somehow I got this..I was expected to fail this one but I passed with flying colours..), yet I went to UCGS.

Upton Court is around the corner from my school (no not St Bernards) but how did you not go to Langley Grammar?
Took the Bexley one and got into all of the Bexley grammar schools
Took the Dartford one and got into all of the Dartford and surrounding grammar schools
Also got into Newstead Wood
Original post by frankielogue
took it and got into all the grammar schools in birmingham and walsall.
240/300

Cool! I got into a grammar school in Birmingham too!

Spoiler

Original post by MrMackyTv
Cool! I got into a grammar school in Birmingham too!

Spoiler

going in to year 9 hbu :smile:
which one?
Yeah I took it and passed.
Reply 15
Passed all mine :biggrin:
I took the test, passed but didnt go until sixth form.
Original post by frankielogue
going in to year 9 hbu :smile:
which one?

Cool :smile: I'm going into year 11. Can't tell you where I'm going for my own safety.
Original post by thatguyaaronr
Took the Bexley Grammar Schools test. Failed by 7 marks. Sad face.Got a private academic scholarship the day after though so I guess that there's that

I live in Bexley :smile: That's good though :biggrin:
I did scholarship exams which were basically two subjects of my choice & then mensa style exam, can't remember the name of it now, but I passed those :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest