The Student Room Group

Most famous person you've ever met?

Scroll to see replies

I haven't met any famous people but statistically, someone who I have met at some point in the past should become famous one day right?

@Napp
How come you met the Queen and Blair?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 41
Original post by Platopus
I haven't met any famous people but statistically, someone who I have met at some point in the past should become famous one day right?

@Napp
How come you met the Queen and Blair?

That reminds me of the six degrees of kevin bacon thing :rolleyes:

Oh it was at an anniversery event she, a few government folk etc. attended :smile:
Original post by markova21
Do you mean the actor or the Physicist? I LOVE Brian the scientist. He replied to a Tweet of mine once. I ran around the living room like a mad teenager [i'm 48 and should know better at my age]. Then he came to Ireland to give a talk at University College Dublin. He had just started speaking and I felt really ill,as if I was going to faint. I had had nothing to eat since 6 o'clock that morning and my blood sugar levels had crashed. Went to the canteen ,had a sandwich and a can of coke and slipped back in to my seat. But by then the talk was half over. I was so disappointed.

Physicist :biggrin: He came to my sixth form college, did a small talk and everything. I was a science ambassador (albeit Chemistry ambassador) and he came over to all the ambassadors to say hi. When he came over to us I literally started squealing to my friend lol. Then the hype died down and I realised he was just an ordinary guy
Original post by Napp
That reminds me of the six degrees of kevin bacon thing :rolleyes:

Oh it was at an anniversery event she, a few government folk etc. attended :smile:

Well, I'm jealous. I'd love to meet the Queen! Was she nice?
Original post by Serine Soul
Physicist :biggrin: He came to my sixth form college, did a small talk and everything. I was a science ambassador (albeit Chemistry ambassador) and he came over to all the ambassadors to say hi. When he came over to us I literally started squealing to my friend lol. Then the hype died down and I realised he was just an ordinary guy

How lovely. I follow Brian and his wife Gia Milinovich on Twitter. They're a great couple. She has replied to a few of my Tweets . Brian only ever replied to one. There was a man from Gaza on Brian's Facebook page trying to contact him, telling him Brian had many fans in Gaza and how wonderful it would be if Brian were to go over to do some talks there. Brian's Facebook page is just a fan site. He never ever goes on it. So I messaged the man in Gaza and told him to contact Brian on Twitter. But he didn't have Twitter and asked me to tell Brian to contact him. Anyway I contacted Brian on Twitter telling him about this man and he replied to my Tweet almost immediately. "Tell him to contact me on here". I don't know whether the man did or not. But I was so happy Brian had replied to my Tweet, even if it WAS about someone else. !!
Reply 45
Original post by Platopus
Well, I'm jealous. I'd love to meet the Queen! Was she nice?

Ah it was excellent, got to love her accent :tongue: She just had a few questions about the uniform [RN dress uniform] The friends on the other side got to chat to Prince Phillip though which I imagine was rather amusing :tongue: The amount of security she has is very impressive though, I mean this was a closed event in the middle of nowhere and she still had a massive armed motorcade!
How lovely. I follow Brian and his wife Gia Milinovich on Twitter. They're a great couple. She has replied to a few of my Tweets . Brian only ever replied to one. There was a man from Gaza on Brian's Facebook page trying to contact him, telling him Brian had many fans in Gaza and how wonderful it would be if Brian were to go over to do some talks there. Brian's Facebook page is just a fan site. He never ever goes on it. So I messaged the man in Gaza and told him to contact Brian on Twitter. But he didn't have Twitter and asked me to tell Brian to contact him. Anyway I contacted Brian on Twitter telling him about this man and he replied to my Tweet almost immediately. "Tell him to contact me on here". I don't know whether the man did or not. But I was so happy Brian had replied to my Tweet, even if it WAS about someone else. !!

I didn't know he was married :redface: I assumed he just had a gf...

That's very nice of him though! And I certainly would be amazed if I got a reply from him :lol:

Fun fact... He was born on the same site I did my A Levels in... My sixth form used to be a hospital :tongue:
The CFO of Marvel was sat next to me at my dad's wedding and I had to recite a poem in front of him and another thousand people :embarrassed: Important more than famous but still. I've met lots of big ppl because they're my friends' relatives too.. at a year-group party once I met the dad of the guy hosting the party who turned out to be the owner of one of the biggest multinational retail chains in Latin America, and on the Forbes 500.. quite a few politicians too
(edited 7 years ago)
I didn't know he was married :redface: I assumed he just had a gf...

That's very nice of him though! And I certainly would be amazed if I got a reply from him :lol:

Fun fact... He was born on the same site I did my A Levels in... My sixth form used to be a hospital :tongue:

Chadderton? I'm from Manchester originally. Live in Northern Ireland now. Yes,Brian's wife is American.
Penelope Cruz. We lived in the same neighbourhood when I lived in Madrid!
Nick Clegg if that counts :tongue:
Chadderton? I'm from Manchester originally. Live in Northern Ireland now. Yes,Brian's wife is American.

Yeah, just a bit away from there, in Oldham town centre :h:
Yeah, just a bit away from there, in Oldham town centre :h:

Although the family live in London ,Brian still has a flat in Oldham. He uses it to crash there if he has an early lecture at Man Uni.
Reply 53
Priyanka chopra :colondollar:
I met a murderer once (does that count?)
met with world ambassadors (it was daunting lol! 6 peeps from South and East Asia)
Prime Minister (didn't meet but saw him when I went to Number 10)

(Priyanka was the best though)
(edited 7 years ago)
I met Razor Ruddock when he came to open a bookies in my town :tongue:
Original post by Napp
Nice! What's he like?
Indeed you see people going nuts if they get near some celebs or the like screaming/shouting/jumping around ... never quite got that...

Like you and I but with millions in the bank...
Benedict Cumberbatch for like 5 seconds. I thanked him for the autograph and he said thank YOU very much and that was it.
My mom actually met him another time and they talked for a few minutes.

Also Amy Lee and the rest of Evanescence members. That was actually pretty cool as I talked to some of them for a while!
I was in an elevator with Sir Alex Ferguson once when I stayed at the same hotel as the team ... by complete coincidence. Also served him at work. Had the pleasure of meeting Mr Bruce Springsteen outside his hotel in Paris before a Wrecking Ball Tour show there in 2013, that was a very brief encounter though as there were quite a few people around trying to talk to him. Weirdly I had a conversation with former WCW president Eric Bischoff as well once when he was in Manchester for something ... I can't remember what event he was actually doing.
Although the family live in London ,Brian still has a flat in Oldham. He uses it to crash there if he has an early lecture at Man Uni.

If you pay me, I can stalk him for you haha
Original post by IanDangerously
I was in an elevator with Sir Alex Ferguson once when I stayed at the same hotel as the team ... by complete coincidence. Also served him at work. Had the pleasure of meeting Mr Bruce Springsteen outside his hotel in Paris before a Wrecking Ball Tour show there in 2013, that was a very brief encounter though as there were quite a few people around trying to talk to him. Weirdly I had a conversation with former WCW president Eric Bischoff as well once when he was in Manchester for something ... I can't remember what event he was actually doing.

That's amazing! I would love to meet Sir Alex :heart:
Probably JME lmao

Quick Reply

Latest