The Student Room Group

Changing university courses (not uni) on results day

I am considering changing my course for university on results day, or at least before the term begins. I don't want to change university, just the course!

I was just wondering if this is a process that you're meant to take through clearing/adjustment, or if you have to just contact your university directly when (or if) you have your offer from them accepted? I've seen a person on youtube do that in their results day vlog, but was curious regardless. Thanks :smile:
Original post by izzy_hill
I am considering changing my course for university on results day, or at least before the term begins. I don't want to change university, just the course!

I was just wondering if this is a process that you're meant to take through clearing/adjustment, or if you have to just contact your university directly when (or if) you have your offer from them accepted? I've seen a person on youtube do that in their results day vlog, but was curious regardless. Thanks :smile:

You do it directly and the sooner the better.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by ageshallnot
You do it directly and the sooner the better.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's exactly what I presumed (especially the sooner the better lol), thank you for confirming!
Both my brother and I changed after results day with a simple email to the relevant school. It was processed straight away. Both courses had higher entry tariffs so that might be something you need to consider.
Both course changes were in the same schools so that probably made it easier,
Original post by izzy_hill
That's exactly what I presumed (especially the sooner the better lol), thank you for confirming!

You don't have to wait until results day, when they will be extremely busy with other matters.

Quick Reply

Latest