The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Enginerd.
'Dozens of people have been killed and injured in a suicide bomb attack in the grounds of a government-run hospital in the south-western Pakistani city of Quetta.'

Attacking hospitals?! Absolutely disgusting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ina lilahi wa ina ilayhi rajiuoon
Even the word disgusting is lost on these people.
Original post by Enginerd.
'Dozens of people have been killed and injured in a suicide bomb attack in the grounds of a government-run hospital in the south-western Pakistani city of Quetta.'

Attacking hospitals?! Absolutely disgusting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow are these people even human.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
Wow are these people even human. Posted from TSR Mobile
they're swine.
Must Watch

[video="youtube;yXleNyJsxic"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXleNyJsxic&feature=gp-n-y&google_comment_id=z13cxvd5vra3h3 zgl04cizxbepagfn04sic[/video]
I am not a Muslim and i have barely read the Quran, so if i post anything that may have been misinterpreted or misunderstood, please forgive me and politely correct me.

I began to do research on Islam to find out whether it is the peaceful religion that people say it is and i came across these verses:

“Kill them [unbelievers] wherever you find them… And fight them until there is no more unbelief and worship is for Allah alone”

To me these verses look like they condone violence, the antithesis of peace. But i also came across this.

"be merciful to those on the earth and the one above the heavens will have mercy upon you"

Now i see two statements that to me seem to be entirely contradictory of one another. If Islam preaches peace then that means that the scriptures that proclaim peace must outweigh those that do the opposite. Is that the case? If not, then what makes Islam a religion that preaches peace rather than war. War and Peace are entirely conflicting ideologies, and there is no way they can be achieved together.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Paranoid_Glitch
I am not a Muslim and i have barely read the Quran, so if i post anything that may have been misinterpreted or misunderstood, please forgive me and politely correct me.

I began to do research on Islam to find out whether it is the peaceful religion that people say it is and i came across these verses:

“Kill them [unbelievers] wherever you find them… And fight them until there is no more unbelief and worship is for Allah alone”

To me these verses look like they condone violence, the antithesis of peace. But i also came across this.

"be merciful to those on the earth and the one above the heavens will have mercy upon you"

Now i see two statements that to me seem to be entirely contradictory of one another. If Islam preaches peace then that means that the scriptures that proclaim peace must outweigh those that do the opposite. Is that the case? If not, then what makes Islam a religion that preaches peace rather than war. War and Peace are entirely conflicting ideologies, and there is now way they can be achieved together.

It depends on the content. If you think about Noah. All the Disbelievers died. After the boat thing. Not that I know much about that but. It would probably something to do with it.
I think you took it out of context.
Hope this helped:h:
image.jpg
Self explanatory.:h:
image.jpg
In Sha Allah this helps everyone🎆
Original post by Saba XD

I remember you from two years ago too. We never chatted. Just the username LOL.

I've been here a while I guess

Now i see two statements that to me seem to be entirely contradictory of one another. If Islam preaches peace then that means that the scriptures that proclaim peace must outweigh those that do the opposite. Is that the case? If not, then what makes Islam a religion that preaches peace rather than war. War and Peace are entirely conflicting ideologies, and there is no way they can be achieved together.

The Qu'ran is by no means a completely peaceful book, I have read enough of it to see that. You will find a common response to be that it all depends on context and that interpreting bits as violent is a complete misinterpretation. The fact is that the Qu'ran can be extremely easily 'misinterpreted' in a violent way and this in my opinion is why there is such militant extremism at the moment.
Original post by TheJ0ker
The Qu'ran is by no means a completely peaceful book, I have read enough of it to see that.

>Claims Quran isn't completely peaceful
>Admits to not having completed the Quran
Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

That was in the context of war, certain individuals were blacklisted for their crimes.

It is not a general command.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is easy to understand when you understand why the Quran was revealed. The verses about killing are all about the wars fought by Muhammad pbuh and are not meant for modern times. The verses about peacefullness are meant for all times so Islam is the religion of peace.
Original post by guided1
It is easy to understand when you understand why the Quran was revealed. The verses about killing are all about the wars fought by Muhammad pbuh and are not meant for modern times. The verses about peacefullness are meant for all times so Islam is the religion of peace.

Strictly speaking, they are meant for modern times too, though it depends upon the context of the situation i.e. during war.
Original post by Zamestaneh
x

41:16 shoot

Spoiler

The Quran is a peaceful book, but not a pacifist book. War is considered applicable only when justly and absolutely required - never to harm or oppress, but to remove oppression. We muslims are peaceful, but we aren't pacifists.
Also, be careful about reading At-Tabari. I believe both shia's and sunni's are united in questioning parts in that book, paticularly related to war. The same goes for Ibn Ishaq's maghazi [battles/war/conquests].
[video="youtube;Hlb0Opfe20I"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hlb0Opfe20I[/video]

[no music]
Original post by HAnwar
>Claims Quran isn't completely peaceful
>Admits to not having completed the Quran
Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

How is that laughable? No, I have not completely read the Qu'ran which I freely admit, as an example you don't need to read the whole of Mein Kampf to see that it contains racist ideology. It astonishes me that you can't see how parts of the Qu'ran can be interpreted as violent. Do you not understand logic at all? If one reads a part of a book which can be interpreted as violent then the book is not completely peaceful, its pretty simple. Do you deny that these extremists read the same book as you do?

I implore you to give me a proper counter argument to understandable criticisms instead of just laughing.
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending