The Student Room Group

Could someone please rate my tinder for me?/Am I unattractive?

Scroll to see replies

The pics work now :biggrin: you are in no way ugly, like at all lol

I'd say you're definitely good looking :yep:
Original post by Twinpeaks
Even if I wanted casual sex I'd still swipe left :redface:

I just don't see the appeal.

Is it the body itself or is the insufferable douchebag that is the user Bete-something that bothers you?
Original post by Blondie987
The pics work now :biggrin: you are in no way ugly, like at all lol

I'd say you're definitely good looking :yep:

oh, well thank you

i have changed the pictures since the original post and i think maybe the bio was an issue. I don't know, maybe i should delete tinder because it's kind of bringing me down following this break up
Original post by VladThe1mpaler
oh, well thank you

i have changed the pictures since the original post and i think maybe the bio was an issue. I don't know, maybe i should delete tinder because it's kind of bringing me down following this break up

I can't remember what the bio said exactly but I thought it was funny which isn't a bad thing, it might be a good idea to take a break from tinder if you don't feel it's helping you though :smile:
I'm ready for the brutal honesty.

Basically, I met my most recent girlfriend on tinder and we broke up fairly recently. Now I've got Tinder back again and I really want to meet someone new

It's been 6 months since i last used it but i could remember my profile and I feel these new pictures are much better than the last ones. However, i have had the app back for a couple of days now and had only a couple of matches. I'm sure I had more matches than this by now so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

These are my pictures in this order:

https://imgur.com/a/2oSZD

My bio reads:

"wannabe singer/songwriter pursuing a solo career. Willing to learn the 3 chords of Wonderwall for someone who is worth that kind of effort. Looking for someone to make my two-person halloween costumes a reality"

Basically i would just like brutal honesty on my pictures/attractiveness and my bio to try and see how I can get more matches.

Don't be shy, I have thick skin!

You look good.

But would recommend a new hairstyle. :wink:
Original post by stefano865
You look good.

But would recommend a new hairstyle. :wink:

any suggestions? i've had this hairstyle basically for 6 years but i'm not sure what else i would suit
Original post by Sisuphos
Is it the body itself or is the insufferable douchebag that is the user Bete-something that bothers you?

It's the body, and the face, and the associated personality that comes with it.

Everything. I honestly do not look at those muscles and think goddamn :sexface:

I like a bit of muscles sure, but not to that extent, and not that lean and defined either. Look at his lips as well ffs.
any suggestions? i've had this hairstyle basically for 6 years but i'm not sure what else i would suit

Just a simple 'long top' style I reckon. :wink:
Yeah I'm a 22 year old student, I'm not looking for a ****ing wife!

FYI I do ok with girls, it's just at the moment I have limited opportunities to meet new people and so tinder is where I'm looking

It's silly to assume that young people don't want serious relationships. Well, Tinder is mostly men, girls get their pick of the crop; you're not exactly a super model, so, as far as quick hookups go, you're playing backseat to a bunch of guys that are.
Original post by WhisperingTide
It's silly to assume that young people don't want serious relationships. Well, Tinder is mostly men, girls get their pick of the crop; you're not exactly a super model, so, as far as quick hookups go, you're playing backseat to a bunch of guys that are.

I'm not saying young people don't want serious relationships, i would like a serious relationship if i meet someone i really click with. I have a lack of opportunities at the moment, i want to meet new people but i work with old women and i'm in 4th year of uni with very few friends on my course. I have some friends but over summer things have been kind of uneventful since people have gone back home for the summer. Perhaps things will improve once uni starts up again but i just thought since tinder worked for me the last time then it might work for me again.
Thanks for the advice everyone, I'm getting regular matches now that I've edited the bio and changed photos. Even have a date lined up so feeling better about myself.

* Also I'm not getting a new hairstyle, certainly not a "long top". I don't want to look like 80% of other guys when I don't want a girl who is just like every other girl.

Plus I like my hair.
(edited 7 years ago)
I love your bio :wink: you look good, don't worry!
Better. :smile: Good luck with your date! :smile:
I'm ready for the brutal honesty.

Basically, I met my most recent girlfriend on tinder and we broke up fairly recently. Now I've got Tinder back again and I really want to meet someone new

It's been 6 months since i last used it but i could remember my profile and I feel these new pictures are much better than the last ones. However, i have had the app back for a couple of days now and had only a couple of matches. I'm sure I had more matches than this by now so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

These are my pictures in this order:

https://imgur.com/a/2oSZD

My bio reads:

"wannabe singer/songwriter pursuing a solo career. Willing to learn the 3 chords of Wonderwall for someone who is worth that kind of effort. Looking for someone to make my two-person halloween costumes a reality"

Basically i would just like brutal honesty on my pictures/attractiveness and my bio to try and see how I can get more matches.

Don't be shy, I have thick skin!

I don't think you're doing anything wrong to be honest - you are good-looking, and I don't see anything wrong with your bio. As I don't date online, I wouldn't know how you could improve it, but I guess it's just a waiting game I suppose :/

But good luck with it though!
I agree with the girl who said you are average with a slight cute side to you [no homo]

This is not enough though on Tinder, you can't expect to be average and get laid on tinder [unless perhaps you're living in a secluded village with like 5 other people in the middle of nowhere]

i think if they still allowed that underage tinder then some 14 year old girls might like you as they dig that boyish sorta look you got going on there ...and your age would be an advantage.

but on normal tinder I can't really see you getting much action buddy.

sorry.
Reply 116
I dont like it :s-smilie:

Quick Reply