The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Should women be allowed to go topless?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ameehannah
I see topless women at the beach in Spain all the time and no one really seems bothered by it so idk do what you want I guess

True, I'm currently in Barcelona and so many women walk around the beach topless, and everyone seem to be mature about it and not give a single sh**.
Original post by Fenice
Breasts are sexual things. They will always be 'sexualised'

Then never, I guess. I think it's for the benefit of women that going topless is banned. I know women have the right to be in control over their own bodies etc but to be lusted after and be treated like slabs of meat? No. And only for a few sunny days of the year.
Original post by indigofox
Well these days most men have a larger chest than me, I've hardly got a chest so I do feel it's u fair, though I wouldn't want to show my breasts anyway, I rarely even show my legs, full arms or shoulders.

are you muslim?
Original post by kangsterf
Like on beaches and other places where men can be topless. If not, why not?

I mean, men often go topless and I know most women wouldn't want to do this but some of them clearly do, as shown by some of the GoTopless protests and stuff like that. Why not give them the right to choose whether they do?

Yes its pretty dumb they arent allowed to imo
Reply 104
Original post by Jess_x
Then never, I guess. I think it's for the benefit of women that going topless is banned. I know women have the right to be in control over their own bodies etc but to be lusted after and be treated like slabs of meat? No. And only for a few sunny days of the year.

The women who go topless are often older and their breasts are "desexualised". Unfortunately for the guys, I don't think we're going to see attractive topless girls in the streets anytime soon.

Original post by Betelgeuse-
Yes its pretty dumb they arent allowed to imo

Isn't it already legal at the beach?
Is that all you have to say? Maybe its because you know what you've said is beyond ridiculous and regret it now.

Apologies if you feel embarrassed about your misogynistic post on a public forum.
Original post by Josb
The women who go topless are often older and their breasts are "desexualised". Unfortunately for the guys, I don't think we're going to see attractive topless girls in the streets anytime soon.

In the Uk?? I doubt it but then again nobody goes the beach in the UK
Original post by Hashtosh302
are you muslim?

No, it's just my general clothing/dressing habits guess I'd rather be on the warm side than cool
Original post by Josb

How are older breasts desexualised I thought breasts were breasts. Unless you are talking about sagging or something
Original post by The_Opinion
Why has my post vanished? I don't even have a TSR notification?

Anyway, I will repeat what I said.

Women should be forced to cover up, legally hopefully, more so that I am not tempted to do anything.

"Women should be forced to cover up"? How can you justify saying that?
I think that women should be able to go topless on the beach/pool/park or other places where appropriate as long as they are comfortable with doing it. As far as I knew it was allowed at the beach.

If people have a problem with girls going topless then they are small minded and prudes. The vast majority of people who are likely to complain are women. I don't see what the problem is with girls going topless and why people over react
Reply 111
Should, I think
Original post by kangsterf
Like on beaches and other places where men can be topless. If not, why not?

I mean, men often go topless and I know most women wouldn't want to do this but some of them clearly do, as shown by some of the GoTopless protests and stuff like that. Why not give them the right to choose whether they do?

The problem is that the only women that would do it are wrinkly overweight 50 somethings with saggy tits.
Reply 113
Original post by scorpion95
I think that women should be able to go topless on the beach/pool/park or other places where appropriate as long as they are comfortable with doing it. As far as I knew it was allowed at the beach.

If people have a problem with girls going topless then they are small minded and prudes. The vast majority of people who are likely to complain are women. I don't see what the problem is with girls going topless and why people over react

Rightly said I do agree 100%
it has worked in germany, i dont see why we cannt do that here
It is possibly a bit too cold today! My opinion is that it should be acceptable for a woman to be topless in a place where it is acceptable for a man. Actually this means men covering up a bit more. Nothing wrong with topless women on a beach, for example, as happened on the beach in Spain I was at a couple of weeks ago. The same applies for nudity, such as in a spa or sauna, as it is simply more comfortable to have a sauna with nothing on.
Yes.

:sexface:
Reply 117
Original post by justanotherchica

Yes your right, I do some times
Original post by justanotherchica

Where in Germany?
I remember at Portsmouth when Was all of about 8 the vast majority of my class (about 30 of us)yelling down to some girl in a bikini "GO TOPLESS" she was very accommodating and wiped off her top to cheers from the kids above baying for flesh

Latest

Trending

Trending