The Student Room Group

Postgraduate loan - EU students

hi,

i am an EU student with an offer to study at a UK uni next year. I have applied for a postgraduate loan, the 28th of June.Even after all these weeks my application status still says "submitted" on the SFE website,it says that i'm going to receive a letter explaining what kind evidence I will have to send, yet nothing has arrived so far.Does anyone know if it's normal that it takes so long, given that currently i don't live in the UK? Besides i've read that they need you to send your passport,isn't it too risky?

thanks in advance
Reply 1
Original post by Cafoscarin
hi,

i am an EU student with an offer to study at a UK uni next year. I have applied for a postgraduate loan, the 28th of June.Even after all these weeks my application status still says "submitted" on the SFE website,it says that i'm going to receive a letter explaining what kind evidence I will have to send, yet nothing has arrived so far.Does anyone know if it's normal that it takes so long, given that currently i don't live in the UK? Besides i've read that they need you to send your passport,isn't it too risky?

thanks in advance

Student Finance usually quote around six weeks to process an application. As you're just reaching the end of that period, I'd wait another week for the next communication and then check with them.
Reply 2
I'm an EU student living in the UK already - I also applied for the loan and received a letter via normal mail after about 2 weeks of waiting so I presume it could take longer if you're living abroad. The letter asked me to send additional information and return a signed form that was provided (as expected).
I am an EU student also and applied for the loan around the same time as you. I ended up ringing student finance and they told me they had sent a letter but it must of got lost in the post. I then checked my account and in my letters/email was the letter/email stating what evidence to be sent so make sure you check it or else Id suggest ringing student finance. I was a bit wary sending my passport but I got it registered and rang today and was told they have it so if you are sending your passport, just get it registered so you can track where it is. Hope this helps 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending