The Student Room Group

Does this mean I could have more of a chance?

So I'm looking to study at Queens Belfast and my course appears to be in clearing already. Now I know there's a lot of reasons why it could be in clearing but it was also in clearing last year. Does this mean if I was to fall a grade short or if I was to call them on results day and persuade them to let me on the course that there is more of a chance of that happening?
You might have to go through clearing. The cut off could be black and white and they may not take you just to fill numbers as the course may be so difficult without the grades you would probably struggle to keep up with the work. It's always best to ring up once you get your results!
Original post by Anfanny
You might have to go through clearing. The cut off could be black and white and they may not take you just to fill numbers as the course may be so difficult without the grades you would probably struggle to keep up with the work. It's always best to ring up once you get your results!

Yeah that makes sense. Does ringing up work?
Of course it might work! When you speak to human being there's always a chance and you might not have all the recent information. I have had 3 prospectuses delivered to my house and they contain more information than I could find on a website. Queens have a 5 year old website so ringing them would be best.

Original post by Georgelizmera
Yeah that makes sense. Does ringing up work?
Original post by Georgelizmera
So I'm looking to study at Queens Belfast and my course appears to be in clearing already. Now I know there's a lot of reasons why it could be in clearing but it was also in clearing last year. Does this mean if I was to fall a grade short or if I was to call them on results day and persuade them to let me on the course that there is more of a chance of that happening?

See http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=26247-Is-is-possible-to-predict-what-universities-will-do-on-results-day

Clearing listings don't give any information on how a universities will behave on results day.

If you miss your grades and Track shows rejected there is NO POINT in calling your firm/insurance choice up - they have had your grades for a week and made a decision already. Only call if Track still shows your offer as conditional.
Original post by Anfanny

It isn't always best to ring once you have your results.

See the flowchart in my sig - ringing is only worthwhile in certain circumstances. If Track says you're accepted or rejected there is no point in ringing - you're just clogging the lines and wasting everyone's time including your own.
Original post by Anfanny
Of course it might work! When you speak to human being there's always a chance and you might not have all the recent information. I have had 3 prospectuses delivered to my house and they contain more information than I could find on a website. Queens have a 5 year old website so ringing them would be best.

Brilliant! Did you attend Queen's? If so know of anybody who Maye have missed grades and still got in?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending