The Student Room Group

English Notes

Hi, I'm currently a second year going into my third year of an English Literature degree. I'm just looking for some advice - for the past two years i've struggled to organise my notes for English, I just find it hard as I'm not sure what the best way to keep everything together for every book. I've tried a folder, a notepad, an app on my laptop, and nothing seems to do the trick. Just looking for some suggestions: how do you literate students organise your english notes? Thank you so much! :biggrin:
Original post by GrammarGirl
Hi, I'm currently a second year going into my third year of an English Literature degree. I'm just looking for some advice - for the past two years i've struggled to organise my notes for English, I just find it hard as I'm not sure what the best way to keep everything together for every book. I've tried a folder, a notepad, an app on my laptop, and nothing seems to do the trick. Just looking for some suggestions: how do you literate students organise your english notes? Thank you so much! :biggrin:

How have none of them worked for you?

Maybe you should just do a mindmap on A3 paper, stick it on your wall so you don't have countless sheets everywhere. That way, you might be able to retain more information if you're looking at it all at once.

Maybe flash cards, indicating certain colours to certain books.

Failing all that, the only suggestion I can tell you is to record any notes you have via you reading them out and then listening to them when revision comes your way.

Surprised it's taken you all these years from GCSE English to your 2nd year at uni to not figure out a technique that works for you!
wow, rude. *
Original post by The Empire Odyssey
How have none of them worked for you?

Maybe you should just do a mindmap on A3 paper, stick it on your wall so you don't have countless sheets everywhere. That way, you might be able to retain more information if you're looking at it all at once.

Maybe flash cards, indicating certain colours to certain books.

Failing all that, the only suggestion I can tell you is to record any notes you have via you reading them out and then listening to them when revision comes your way.

Surprised it's taken you all these years from GCSE English to your 2nd year at uni to not figure out a technique that works for you!
Original post by GrammarGirl
wow, rude. *

Know the difference between a rude attitude and a flippant one. :flutter:
How about gathering all of your notes from different sources into a lever arch file and clearly label them. Week 1, 2 etc

Access to HE in Social Work

BSc Health and Social Care - pending

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending