The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

16 days to go.
Sahil you're so fast, i bet you watch the clock by the second and as soon as you say 11.59.55 your posting right?:clap2::clap2:
Original post by AdeptDz
Sahil you're so fast, i bet you watch the clock by the second and as soon as you say 11.59.55 your posting right?:clap2::clap2:

HAHAHAHAH, not quite but I do watch for 12AM. That's when TSR threads come to life :biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by sahil19
HAHAHAHAH, not quite but I do watch for 12AM. That's when TSR threads come to life :biggrin::biggrin:

cool, and i agree
15 days until the release of grade boundaries
Original post by TheAnon121
15 days until the release of grade boundaries

I'm primarily waiting for edexcel maths ones 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can I get my igcse result on the 11th august if I call my school? All my other results are on the 25th.
Original post by Waveyalex
If you know, what degree courses are some of you guys planning on doing ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm split..
95% sure of Psychology
But the other 5% of me considers Politics
Y'all stressing out like "15 days to go", and I'm here like "2 days, it's FIIIIIINE" whilst dying inside.

What I was predicted:
8 A*s 2As (German A, Add Maths)

What you think you'll get:

8Fs and 2 Us lmao
jk 5-6 A*s 2-3As 1-2Bs (yay disappointment)

Feelings on results day?
Terrfied, trying to play it cool. Not working, so I just let anxiety flow through my vains.

I'll make an update in two days, probably on the IGCSE thread tho. Good luck to all of you, I'd die if I had to wait any longer.
This whole thread is like "I'm predicted an A* in everything!" so I'm about to shake it up a bit because I'm not that clever.
So, I had some school problems and thanks to that I only got to sit 7 qualifications - IGCSE English Language, TLM Level 2 IT User Skills, EDEXCEL Maths, Functional Maths Skills???? (or whatever it's called. the one where you have to do shape and space and financial calculations and that), GCSE General Studies, Core Science and Additional Science.

I already know I got a B in IT User Skills and an A in English Language because I sat those before exam season. I have NO idea how I managed that.
I didn't sit any mocks so I have no predicted grades for the rest of them, so imma just predict them myself.

predicted grades:
A in english
B in IT✔
-
D in edexcel maths
D in functional maths skills
C in general studies
B in core science
C in additional science

actual grades:
?????? I'll just edit this on results day.

So it doesn't look like I'll be getting enough qualification wise to sit A-levels in college which is a bummer. I don't know whether to do a year of GCSEs while all my friends go onto finish A-levels or to just do a random level 2 course for a year while retaking my maths. I will be VERY happy if i somehow manage to pull it off and get 5+ GCSEs though. Very very happy. I plan to take A-level Creative Writing, A-level Psychology and A-level Government and Politics if I do, and then hopefully go on to study Mental Health Nursing at Cardiff uni and join the RAF as a Nursing officer 😎 That's the dream!
What's everyone else's plans/back up plans if they don't get the grades they're hoping for?
Dr reporting for duty. I wish I understood computers enough to be a hacker. If you become a hacker like Mr. Robot that would be awesome or develop a game even better than Grand theft auto V!!!!!!!!!
Original post by ellarvby

What's everyone else's plans/back up plans if they don't get the grades they're hoping for?

well i need something like an A* in maths, 2 As in physics and french and 3 Bs in any other subjects (including english i'm assuming) to get into my chosen sixth form. if i don't get that i'll firstly wonder what i was doing wrong in terms of revision then enroll in my current school's sixth form, since it needs 5 Cs
When people ask you what year group you're in during the summer holidays do you say year 11 or year 12?

When people ask me what year group i'm in and I want to say year 11 but I'm finished with year 11 but I want to say year 12 but I haven't got my results yet
Original post by Starlight15
When people ask you what year group you're in during the summer holidays do you say year 11 or year 12?

When people ask me what year group i'm in and I want to say year 11 but I'm finished with year 11 but I want to say year 12 but I haven't got my results yet

lmao most of the people I know say year 12 but I literally just say that I finished year 11/starting year 12 in September

Such an awkward in-between stage, I guess
Getting CIE results on the 11th (Sciences and History) ...

What I'm expecting:
History: A/A*
Biology: A/A*
Chemistry: A*
Physics: A

French: A*
Spanish: A*
English Lang: A/B - that's the one I'm most scared about
English Lit: A/A*

I already have A*s in Maths and German.

I'm scared and curious at the same time, I neeeeedddd to find outtt
(edited 7 years ago)
Hey guys,
You know the Scottish results do they include GCSE too ?
Original post by Starlight15

You just say starting year 12 in September or just finished year 11( so moving into year 12) :wink:
Original post by extraordinaire
btw has anyone had any results day dreams? because I've had two already...

I've had sooo many!! Some realistic and some ridiculous
Original post by caitlinford3
I've had sooo many!! Some realistic and some ridiculous

Loool really? Care to share some examples?

Spoiler

Latest