The Student Room Group

Stupid Question

Acc idk if this is a stupid question but idk :redface:
Say there was a hypothetical person who liked a Uni with grade boundaries BBC (not the real ones just an example) and their second favourite was ones with AAB or something if that person put

Firm = AAB
Insurance = BBC

because it makes no sense to put higher grade boundaries as your insurance, could that person if they got AAA as predicted still go to the preferred one even if it is the insurance or if you get the grades do you have to go to the firm?

sorry if this is a stupid question.
Original post by Salamandastron
Say there was a hypothetical person who liked a Uni with grade boundaries BBC (not the real ones just an example) and their second favourite was ones with AAB or something if that person put

Firm = AAB
Insurance = BBC

because it makes no sense to put higher grade boundaries as your insurance, could that person if they got AAA as predicted still go to the preferred one even if it is the insurance or if you get the grades do you have to go to the firm?

If you get the grades for your firm, or you have a narrow miss and they take you anyway, then your insurance disappears in a puff of smoke.

However, there are cases where having an insurance with higher requirements than your firm is perfectly reasonable.

The stupidity would be in not making your favourite university your firm acceptance, regardless of the offer conditions.
Reply 3

Firm = AAB
Insurance = BBC

You simply put the one you most want to go to as your Firm.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Good bloke
The stupidity would be in not making your favourite university your firm acceptance, regardless of the offer conditions.

How is that stupid? if i missed my firm then at least i could go to my insurance whereas if i put the highest first im going nowhere and i like both of them i just prefer the one with the lower entry grades.
Original post by jneill
You simply put the one you most want to go to as your Firm.

Posted from TSR Mobile

even if the grades are lower?
How is that stupid? if i missed my firm then at least i could go to my insurance whereas if i put the highest first im going nowhere and i like both of them i just prefer the one with the lower entry grades.

In your scenario, if you missed your favourite's conditions then it is unlikely in the extreme that you would be going to either. If making sure you go to university anywhere is your goal, then you should apply to those with lower entry requirements rather than those you want to study at.
Reply 7
even if the grades are lower?

Yes. Because that's the one you most want to go to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending