The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Date to pay the tuition fees

Hi everyone,
I will be starting a course in October and as I was going through Imperial website I realized that as a self-funding student I will have to pay the tuition fees for September 1st. Am I right?
https://www.imperial.ac.uk/students/fees-and-funding/tuition-fees/payment-terms/undergraduates/
Thank you,
T.AUDIC
If it's not clear from the website email and ask. Have you had an invoice yet?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
If it's not clear from the website email and ask. Have you had an invoice yet?

Thank you,
I sent them an email, but the problem is that I received no invoice and I know that usually they send one so....
Have you registered yet? If you haven't registered they won't send you anything! If you google 'Imperial e-serive' click on the first result, sign in with your Blackboard log-in and make sure it says 'Registered for 2016/2017' at the top. If not then register and you should get an invoice through whenever they send them out. If they expect payment on September 1st then they may not send the invoice out until closer to the time. I think with my accommodation in the first year they sent it a week or so before?

I'm not a self funding student so I can't say for certain, but because Imperial doesn't start until October my tuition fee loan isn't payed until October 19th. It's possible that self funding students aren't expected to pay until you actually start (it's a bit mean to make you pay in September if you don't start until October!).

Don't worry though. My Student Finance had an error one term that meant they didn't pay my tuition fees. I got it sorted out, but I missed the deadline for payment (right before my exams! :s-smilie:) and so I was worried I wouldn't be allowed to sit my exams. However, Imperial just needs payment by the end of the year. There will be some interest added (which they'll remove if you have a good reason, like not getting the invoice), but you'll still be allowed to attend :h:
Reply 4
Original post by Firefly13
Have you registered yet? If you haven't registered they won't send you anything! If you google 'Imperial e-serive' click on the first result, sign in with your Blackboard log-in and make sure it says 'Registered for 2016/2017' at the top. If not then register and you should get an invoice through whenever they send them out. If they expect payment on September 1st then they may not send the invoice out until closer to the time. I think with my accommodation in the first year they sent it a week or so before?

I'm not a self funding student so I can't say for certain, but because Imperial doesn't start until October my tuition fee loan isn't payed until October 19th. It's possible that self funding students aren't expected to pay until you actually start (it's a bit mean to make you pay in September if you don't start until October!).

Don't worry though. My Student Finance had an error one term that meant they didn't pay my tuition fees. I got it sorted out, but I missed the deadline for payment (right before my exams! :s-smilie:) and so I was worried I wouldn't be allowed to sit my exams. However, Imperial just needs payment by the end of the year. There will be some interest added (which they'll remove if you have a good reason, like not getting the invoice), but you'll still be allowed to attend :h:

Thank you but the real problem is that we are not allowed as freshers to register before September 5th, and, on their website they state that we have to pay by September 1st, so I will be waiting for their answer. By the way for accommodation do we get to pay one or at every trimester for the accommodation fees?
Thank you for your answer
Original post by Taud
Thank you but the real problem is that we are not allowed as freshers to register before September 5th, and, on their website they state that we have to pay by September 1st, so I will be waiting for their answer. By the way for accommodation do we get to pay one or at every trimester for the accommodation fees?
Thank you for your answer

Oh, sorry I forgot about that!

If they don't reply today try emailing the student union. When I had my problem with tuition fees they took weeks to reply, but when I asked the student union to help I had replies within a day (if you can't use the website then try contacting them on Facebook). I wouldn't worry too much though because A Level results haven't come out yet so they aren't likely to send out invoices until after August 18th (?) incase someone pays and then they miss their offer, and it would be too much of a fuss to send different invoices depending on the different exams people take! It's good to check when you'll have to pay it though so you have the money ready

In my first year we paid for accommodation each term, I assume it's the same now.

Hope you enjoy your time at Imperial! It's amazing :h:
Reply 6
Original post by Firefly13
Oh, sorry I forgot about that!

If they don't reply today try emailing the student union. When I had my problem with tuition fees they took weeks to reply, but when I asked the student union to help I had replies within a day (if you can't use the website then try contacting them on Facebook). I wouldn't worry too much though because A Level results haven't come out yet so they aren't likely to send out invoices until after August 18th (?) incase someone pays and then they miss their offer, and it would be too much of a fuss to send different invoices depending on the different exams people take! It's good to check when you'll have to pay it though so you have the money ready

In my first year we paid for accommodation each term, I assume it's the same now.

Hope you enjoy your time at Imperial! It's amazing :h:

Thank you very much for your answer, I thought about that they might have been waiting for A level results but I wasn't sure so. Maybe September 1st is only for undergraduate since the second year. I contacted Imperial Union on fb and I will tell you
Original post by Taud
Thank you very much for your answer, I thought about that they might have been waiting for A level results but I wasn't sure so. Maybe September 1st is only for undergraduate since the second year. I contacted Imperial Union on fb and I will tell you

Hope they get back to you soon!
Reply 8
Original post by heyimconfused
I called up to check and we have 30 days to pay from when we receive the invoice - invoice should be sent out soon.

I called them too (sorry I didn't have access to internet to post) and I confirm that they should be sent after registration

Quick Reply

Latest