The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Poppycharlotte
The over offer thing explains why as a law applicant I was offered A*A*A when the standard offer is only A*AA :frown: I was hoping they would still let me with 1 A* but I suppose they want to reduce numbers so probably not

:sadnod:

That seems cruel of them to give you a higher offer than the standard but maybe they gave it because they believe you can achieve it!

Have asked the Christ's AT on his new thread about their stance?
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4238242
Original post by Windies
They're probably sitting there deciding to raise grade boundaries right this very moment...

I'd have thought they would've decided boundaries a few weeks ago tbh. There's only 5 days until the Unis receive our results.
Aqa tweeted that grade boundaries have been set...it's coming!!:redface:
Original post by smegsxo
Aqa tweeted that grade boundaries have been set...it's coming!!:redface:

damn :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2864
Original post by lucabrasi98
I'd have thought they would've decided boundaries a few weeks ago tbh. There's only 5 days until the Unis receive our results.

No, boundries will have been set in the past week.
Original post by thevamps99xo
It feels like only yesterday that we started Year 12....

If this year went fast, I wonder how quickly Year 13 is going to go.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Year 13 literally flies by!
Original post by Naveed Rahman
Year 13 literally flies by!

Oh gosh....better make the most of it in between exams and uni applications!

Posted from TSR Mobile
anyone who did psychology aqa a, I need the anxiety therapy right about now.
Oh gosh....better make the most of it in between exams and uni applications!

Posted from TSR Mobile

The first chunk of year 13 is doing UCAS related things, then around March - Easter and summer its crunch time for revision. Then exams hit and before you know it you've left sixthform/college
The first chunk of year 13 is doing UCAS related things, then around March - Easter and summer its crunch time for revision. Then exams hit and before you know it you've left sixthform/college

That's not a long way away when you think about it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Serine Soul
That seems cruel of them to give you a higher offer than the standard but maybe they gave it because they believe you can achieve it!

Have asked the Christ's AT on his new thread about their stance?
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4238242

It is, don't get me wrong I was over the moon to have an offer but now I'm just worrying so much as it seems unfair to make one arts applicant have a higher offer than everyone else :frown: I've just posted there to see what they say so thank you!!
That's not a long way away when you think about it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha not at all! Good Luck with your last year!
Haha not at all! Good Luck with your last year!

Thank you, good luck with whatever you decide to do!

Posted from TSR Mobile
If aqa have already set the grade boundaries, could they release them early? Or are they not able to until the 17th?
Original post by notanooblol
If aqa have already set the grade boundaries, could they release them early? Or are they not able to until the 17th?

Grades will have been established by now, they will NOT release them before the 17th

Original post by Sacred Ground
Grades will have been established by now, they will NOT release them before the 17th

Isn't results day the 18th
Reply 2876
Doesn't anyone ever leak grade boundaries?
Original post by Student403
Isn't results day the 18th

Yeah it is, grade boundaries are normally released the day before
Original post by Sacred Ground

Tbh it says there's no specific time they upload grade boundaries so maybe the could be out early. Just everyone be on the lookout!

When do grade boundaries get released?
There is no exact time for when grade boundaries are released. However, they are often released a day or so before results.

Quick Reply

Latest