The Student Room Group

Ladies, your thoughts on Asian guys?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
No racist but I have no interest in Asian guys

And no it's not just media influence (although you must admit that their treatment towards their own women in their own countries is pretty off-putting) but I tend to find that even the westernised Asians guys all have an element of exaggerated cockiness to them that I really dislike. And they can be pretty uptight when you do something to hurt their ego.

I know I'm also generalising here too so apologises to anyone I offend, I've just have too many bad experiences I guess. Was always nice to a few male Asian colleuges at work and uni, always super respectful until you reject them. Then out comes the racist insults 'you white this, you white b****, you ****...' Yeah, super respectful(!)
Original post by honour
Lmao. There are probably thousands - if not tens of thousands - of Asians who are just like you. Just because you haven't met them, doesn't mean they don't exist. You're merely an ordinary Asian with an arrogant and vain attitude, my friend. It's no wonder those non-Asians are dismissive and hesitant towards you.

Oh okay @honour can you please explain to me what is arrogant and vain about this because I do not get it?
In fact from what I think, a person asking a question sincerely is not vain, it shows that they look at the bigger picture not just themselves.
Reply 22
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Why does it have to be thoughts on 'Asian' guys? Why not just thoughts on me, followed by your paragraph of texts. Honestly I still find it hilarious when all these people come on TSR relationship forums generalising a whole country. Every Asian guy is different, I can't give you my thoughts on all the millions of them in one post

Asian = Pakistani :smile:
Original post by Virgil.
Indians worships white people. They would sacrifice body parts to get some successful white blood in the family.

And then there's this particular breed of Asian who constantly go on about "lighties", how cool light skin and light eyes are and how badly they wished they had it.

Frankly they do my head in!
Reply 24
Original post by Allie4

And no it's not just media influence (although you must admit that their treatment towards their own women in their own countries is pretty off-putting) but I tend to find that even the westernised Asians guys all have an element of exaggerated cockiness to them that I really dislike. And they can be pretty uptight when you do something to hurt their ego.

I know I'm also generalising here too so apologises to anyone I offend, I've just have too many bad experiences I guess. Was always nice to a few male Asian colleuges at work and uni, always super respectful until you reject them. Then out comes the racist insults 'you white this, you white b****, you ****...' Yeah, super respectful(!)

You have to remember these guys come from the same culture as the rapefugees from the middle east.
Reply 25
Man, I'm asian (ethnically) and kinda like you, I however don't think it is bc ur asian bc blacks and latinos don't have too much luck either in having an white gf. One of the main reasons is they are put off bc the majority of asians are muslims and obviously an (athiest) girl wouldn't be too interested bc of cultural differences.
Reply 26
Original post by Allie4

I am a asian and I agree with u but it isn't bc there asian, it is more to do with the religion, I am atheist and probably have more in common with a white person than my own group.
Original post by wass_khan1
Ladies, what are your thoughts on Asian guys? Be honest - good or bad will do!

THE REASON I ASK:

I’m obviously an Asian dude asking here lol

So a few times I’ve found or seen that some (not all) girls that are NOT asian, can be a little dismissive or quite hesitant when it comes to asian guys who show interest. If thats the case for you, why? Or if thats not the case for you, why?

I’m just quite curious to hear the female opinion on the matter, as I've had both positive AND negative responses when I've been interested in girls, like any guy does, but some I’ve asked why when getting a negative response, have bought up first or secondhand experiences involving the roadman/hootrat type that are from backward or strict families, maybe are drug dealers and/or treat their girlfriends like rubbish, and all the other typical stories and generalisations you probably hear or might have seen. Is that the usual worry, or is there something else we lack/don't quite do right for you? Or vice versa?

I'm not bitter, or looking to have a rant. As I said, I'm just curious to hear peoples opinions

Cheers :smile:

This is going to sound awkward but I'm black African and I find Asian guys hot.

Though they tend to be really racist when they're angry at you about something.
Actually Asians tend to be more racist than white people surprisingly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Original post by Virgil.
You have to remember these guys come from the same culture as the rapefugees from the middle east.

Original post by Ak77
I am a asian and I agree with u but it isn't bc there asian, it is more to do with the religion, I am atheist and probably have more in common with a white person than my own group.

yeah i didn't want to say it but it was mainly the pakistani and bengali men that i got the abuse from, and those are predominately islamic countries aren't they? i mean one of my best friends is a pakistani girl so i don't want to insult her culture...

Spoiler

I'm half Pakistani and I'll probably end up marrying someone Pakistani too just bc growing up I was more influenced by that side of my family, however I'm not ruling out all other ethnicities, I have an open mind. As for your question it really depends, I've found some Asian boys to be horrible, in the way they treat women and the expectations they hold. However I can't say all are like this.
Original post by Allie4

Lol what on earth...
Lemme guess, you either live/work in the West Midlands or Bradford/equivalent
Reply 31
Original post by mercuryman
Lol what on earth...
Lemme guess, you either live/work in the West Midlands or Bradford/equivalent

I live in London.
Original post by maggie43
This is going to sound awkward but I'm black African and I find Asian guys hot.

Though they tend to be really racist when they're angry at you about something.
Actually Asians tend to be more racist than white people surprisingly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Allie4

Although its a shame you've allowed a small sample size to fallaciously develop stereotypes it sucks you had to deal with that. Must have been some horrible, repressed individuals.

FYI I'm Bengali
Original post by Allie4
I live in London.

East London then? Basically the same thing as Bradford
Reply 34
Original post by mercuryman
East London then? Basically the same thing as Bradford

North London
Original post by Allie4
North London

That's sad that you have experienced racial abuse like that. Personally if I was there id have called the police for you on the instant I saw it and report those ****ers.

No one deserves that and I completely understand why you have that view on Asians. Life experiences do play a part on our opinions whether we like it or not.
I have no specific thoughts or opinions on them. Some can be nice and repectful and sweet:h:. Others not so much :hmmm:
Just like every other race. :smile:
Original post by Virgil.

Asian culture Arab culture

You get taught this in ks1 PSHE
(edited 7 years ago)
Loooool Asian guys in general are okay and chill. Whitewashed Asian guys like u who beg it off white people and think they're special cuz they don't act 'asian' are embarrassing. Get over urself and go back to playing ur guitar
I think girls who aren't asian who have an asian guy show interest come off as dismissive and/or hesitant is because there is a general stereotype that asian families don't accept interracial relationships and would rather have their children have a relationship with an asian person, which is understandable I guess, but at the same time it's off putting and it wouldn't be easy dealing with people in a family that don't like you based on ignorancy. Sometime you have to respect people's preferences of when it comes to dating, it doesn't mean there is anything wrong with you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending