The Student Room Group

Ladies, your thoughts on Asian guys?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mercuryman
Asian culture Arab culture

You get taught this in ks1 PSHE

Was having a convo about racism between Arabs and Asians some White girl chips in with her expert knowledge that racism is stupid because they're the same anyway. :rofl:
Reply 41
Original post by Ribbit1234
Loooool Asian guys in general are okay and chill. Whitewashed Asian guys like u who beg it off white people and think they're special cuz they don't act 'asian' are embarrassing. Get over urself and go back to playing ur guitar

So because I was raised in the non-typical way compared to other Asian people, I'm whitewashed and beg it off white people? Hmmmm. The fact that you judge me for something like that makes you the embarrassment my friend. To quote fresh prince, I'm running the same race and jumping the same hurdles as you, so why you tripping me up? Kmt.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gora The Xplorer
Was having a convo about racism between Arabs and Asians some White girl chips in with her expert knowledge that racism is stupid because they're the same anyway. :rofl:

Are arabs and asians racist to each other? o_O
Original post by PrincessBO$$

Not all, the but Arabian Gulf is very intolerant to all except for Arabs and people with light skin.

Ikr lool never knew tht 😯😶 well that's sh** lol 🙈
Not all, the but Arabian Gulf is very intolerant to all except for Arabs and people with light skin.

Oh wow... Never knew tht 😑😶
Original post by wass_khan1
Ladies, what are your thoughts on Asian guys? Be honest - good or bad will do!

THE REASON I ASK:

I’m obviously an Asian dude asking here lol

So a few times I’ve found or seen that some (not all) girls that are NOT asian, can be a little dismissive or quite hesitant when it comes to asian guys who show interest. If thats the case for you, why? Or if thats not the case for you, why?

I’m just quite curious to hear the female opinion on the matter, as I've had both positive AND negative responses when I've been interested in girls, like any guy does, but some I’ve asked why when getting a negative response, have bought up first or secondhand experiences involving the roadman/hootrat type that are from backward or strict families, maybe are drug dealers and/or treat their girlfriends like rubbish, and all the other typical stories and generalisations you probably hear or might have seen. Is that the usual worry, or is there something else we lack/don't quite do right for you? Or vice versa?

I'm not bitter, or looking to have a rant. As I said, I'm just curious to hear peoples opinions

Cheers :smile:

I'm assuming you are referring to the south asian variety here judging by your profile pic (i.e: Indian boys)

I think it's a combination of the fact that most people generally aren't willing to date outside of their race, possible subconscious racism and differing cultures/ religions. Why would you bother to make an effort to get past someone's skin colour and different culture to yours when there is an an abundance of males in your own racial group who are of the same faith/ culture as yours? There's also social stigma amongst whites dating a guy who isn't the same race as you.

As for me personally I can't imagine myself dating anything other than another white person. I've dated black men before and even the christian ones have a completely different cultural mindset and most importantly, attitude towards women than native white british guys do. Asian cultures aren't a great deal better with their attitudes towards women especially if they aren't christian it's a big no-no anyway because I wouldn't date outside my faith.

Oh :shock:. I wasnt aware. I think you'll only probs be respected if you have $$$.

Original post by Reachin4TheStars
Ikr lool never knew tht 😯😶 well that's sh** lol 🙈

Hahah me too :biggrin:
Oh :shock:. I wasnt aware. I think you'll only probs be respected if you have $$$.

Hahah me too :biggrin:

Next time I see an Arab tht racist to me.. Oh boy sh** gonaa go down 😏👊🏼💪🏼

Spoiler

Mmm depends. Cause my Somali uncle lives there and is married to an egyptian. He keeps saying they arent that racist to him :hmmmm: They are more racist to south sudanese people and west africans:K:
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
Oh wow... Never knew tht 😑😶

Obviously not all and the ones in this country will be more chill.

They like money too, but if you look at many of the Gulf States they have huge immigrant populations, most of those immigrants are either poor Black and South Asian people they treat as little better than slaves and then you have a small minority of White intellectuals who are paid tonnes of money and treated like Royalty.
Original post by Allie4
No racist but I have no interest in Asian guys

And no it's not just media influence (although you must admit that their treatment towards their own women in their own countries is pretty off-putting) but I tend to find that even the westernised Asians guys all have an element of exaggerated cockiness to them that I really dislike. And they can be pretty uptight when you do something to hurt their ego.

I know I'm also generalising here too so apologises to anyone I offend, I've just have too many bad experiences I guess. Was always nice to a few male Asian colleuges at work and uni, always super respectful until you reject them. Then out comes the racist insults 'you white this, you white b****, you ****...' Yeah, super respectful(!)

I can imagine those insults haha. I can't wait for uniiiiiiiiiiiiii:biggrin:
Obviously not all and the ones in this country will be more chill.

They like money too, but if you look at many of the Gulf States they have huge immigrant populations, most of those immigrants are either poor Black and South Asian people they treat as little better than slaves and then you have a small minority of White intellectuals who are paid tonnes of money and treated like Royalty.

Yes. But even if you are south asian or Somali, ethiopian etc, and you rich surely they will respect you more? am i right.
Original post by wass_khan1
Ladies, what are your thoughts on Asian guys? Be honest - good or bad will do!

THE REASON I ASK:

I’m obviously an Asian dude asking here lol

So a few times I’ve found or seen that some (not all) girls that are NOT asian, can be a little dismissive or quite hesitant when it comes to asian guys who show interest. If thats the case for you, why? Or if thats not the case for you, why?

I’m just quite curious to hear the female opinion on the matter, as I've had both positive AND negative responses when I've been interested in girls, like any guy does, but some I’ve asked why when getting a negative response, have bought up first or secondhand experiences involving the roadman/hootrat type that are from backward or strict families, maybe are drug dealers and/or treat their girlfriends like rubbish, and all the other typical stories and generalisations you probably hear or might have seen. Is that the usual worry, or is there something else we lack/don't quite do right for you? Or vice versa?

I'm not bitter, or looking to have a rant. As I said, I'm just curious to hear peoples opinions

Cheers :smile:

sorry mate, your arrogance will get you nowhere plus your butters
Yes. But even if you are south asian or Somali, ethiopian etc, and you rich surely they will respect you more? am i right.

Yeah definitely, but there are more important things than money and acceptance, if I were a Black person and I saw racists sucking up to me only because I had money I wouldn't tell them to **** off and die.
Beaten to death? wtf? Why?
Yeah definitely, but there are more important things than money and acceptance, if I were a Black person and I saw racists sucking up to me only because I had money I wouldn't tell them to **** off and die.

Yep. Obviously. Tbh they are racist to each other. The darker ancient bedouins are looked down open.
Hahahaha, why is your name serah and not sarah
Dang, you do come across as pretty arrogant.
(edited 7 years ago)
Hahah. This backfired on OP. So much for 'boasting' ayee

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending