The Student Room Group

Confused and need to decide

It's silly and all but still. I should either go back to my country or stay here. I feel lonelier and worse in my country. But I still think that I should go back and maybe try and do something about it ... I feel fine here and I have friends or acquaintances but I am away from my family so I can still feel lonely. I should stay but I am fed up of being isolated from anyone I can rely on and ... I don't know. I'm also confused about what I want and it doesn't help there is no one there for me. I just feel fairly confused. I want to improve my life and at the same time, it is all so insecure. So am I better off just going to my country? It is also not easy for me to move so I would like to be fine with the choice for awhile. I feel down on myself, I have been deciding for a long time, but nothing happens. I am beginning to feel worse about myself for this.
It sounds like your quite lonely.
Are you living alone?
Do you ever leave your house and walk around?
What is this "country"?
Ask around first. You don't seem like a person with much money so why move?
Reply 2
Original post by Personinsertname
It sounds like your quite lonely.
Are you living alone?
Do you ever leave your house and walk around?
What is this "country"?
Ask around first. You don't seem like a person with much money so why move?

Hi, to shorten, yes I do walk around ... it's just that I am stuck right now. I would like to do something about feeling lonely. Some people say "you'll meet friends at work" but I am sure it is normal and useful to have friends away from work. I do have them but they are all busy with something (back at home), or have a gf/bf. I feel like I should have a busier and happier social life.
Yes personally I don't have a lot of money right now but my family is fine, it's just that they won't help me or it is too much hassle dealing with these relationships ...
I have studied here before, I wish to continue which is why I feel torn.
Reply 3
I feel bad, really. I feel stuck in life, nobody helps me, and I am just wasting my money right now. Even if I worked somewhere, it would be a dead end job and it doesn't help me know what to do next or how to make my life anything more than surviving. Please, advise me here. :frown: I want to get out of this and be happy for once ...
If your in the middle of a degree or set of subjects i would advise against moving back. You should finish them at least and earn something abroad.
When that is over and you finish your academic studies, you will have experienced enough of studying abroad to understand if you truly wish to go back home.

Try making at least one close friend- it always starts with one. Your socializing skills don't need to be improved. Just greet people when your out or about and find common interests.

Spend some more free time doing things you love, such as sport or reading, or even just eating out. You will learn to cope with the people around you.
Im not saying it's better for you to stay, but just not to feel like the journey you took was not wasted. Good luck my friend.
Reply 5
It doesn't feel right that I should be left to deal with everything alone ... it's no way to go out in life.?
If you miss being there, I think you should go back
Reply 7
Original post by liquidconfidence
If you miss being there, I think you should go back

Well, it's complicated, I miss having a sense of family and someone to rely on. My family is not like this (strained relationships). I wish to be here but wherever I am, something is missing. It's really getting hard to live like this at all. : ( How can I fix this? There is no replacement for a family or? I don't want my future to go just anywhere or nowhere because of this.
Reply 8
How can I fix my life, please? I do want to do something but feel stumped because of the family deficiencies.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending