The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Insurance accomodations?

Hi, so I've got an unconditional offer from RHUL but I put it as my insurance...I firmed Queen Mary's but now I'm not sure if they'll accept me since I didn't meet my grade requirements...That being said, a stubborn part of me still wants to wait until they 'officially' reject or accept me.

BUt I don't know how long that's gonna take...I looked it up on the site, it said that Insurance applicants can apply for accommodations through clearing but my question is is it risky to wait this long? My top choice for RHUL would be Runnymede or Reid...is it possible that I'd have NO accommodation options if I wait too long?

Thanks for your help!
Original post by ace1026
Hi, so I've got an unconditional offer from RHUL but I put it as my insurance...I firmed Queen Mary's but now I'm not sure if they'll accept me since I didn't meet my grade requirements...That being said, a stubborn part of me still wants to wait until they 'officially' reject or accept me.

BUt I don't know how long that's gonna take...I looked it up on the site, it said that Insurance applicants can apply for accommodations through clearing but my question is is it risky to wait this long? My top choice for RHUL would be Runnymede or Reid...is it possible that I'd have NO accommodation options if I wait too long?

Thanks for your help!

Hey there,

You should have a clearer idea of what position you are in with your Firm choice come A Level Results Day, and I'd suggest you wait until then before making any big decisions. We anticipate that we will have accommodation for insurance applicants (although this is still subject to availability), so if you do end up coming to us, this hopefully should not be a worry.

Camilla
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Royal Holloway, University of London
Hey there,

You should have a clearer idea of what position you are in with your Firm choice come A Level Results Day, and I'd suggest you wait until then before making any big decisions. We anticipate that we will have accommodation for insurance applicants (although this is still subject to availability), so if you do end up coming to us, this hopefully should not be a worry.

Camilla

Thank you for your answer! But if you don't mind I had another one. I tried to apply for accommodation, but when I tried to register, it keeps saying 'The details you entered do not match our records or we cannot find your detail' and that I wasn't recognized as a student. I tried to register with my Student ID, but it still wouldn't work. I tried to send an e-mail to Royal Holloway but so far, there's been no response...Is there anything I can do short of calling Royal Holloway?
Original post by ace1026
Thank you for your answer! But if you don't mind I had another one. I tried to apply for accommodation, but when I tried to register, it keeps saying 'The details you entered do not match our records or we cannot find your detail' and that I wasn't recognized as a student. I tried to register with my Student ID, but it still wouldn't work. I tried to send an e-mail to Royal Holloway but so far, there's been no response...Is there anything I can do short of calling Royal Holloway?

Insurance applicants are only able to make an application for accommodation once their place has been confirmed with us. It is likely that this is the issue, so best to hold tight until you know whether you'll be joining us.

Camilla
Reply 4
Original post by Royal Holloway, University of London
Insurance applicants are only able to make an application for accommodation once their place has been confirmed with us. It is likely that this is the issue, so best to hold tight until you know whether you'll be joining us.

Camilla

Thank you for your answer! I wanted to confirm already, but when can I confirm my place? As I understand from Ucas Track, I'm to receive an email shortly before I start my course. But the problem is the 'shortly before my course' part...how much time is 'shortly'? As an insurance applicant, I haven't applied for accommodations yet so I'd like to confirm my place and apply as soon as possible and I'm afraid of doing so too close to the deadline if my email arrives later.

Also, my status on track went to Unconditional Offer so I assumed that meant that my place was already confirmed? So I'm just really confused right now...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ace1026
Thank you for your answer! I wanted to confirm already, but when can I confirm my place? As I understand from Ucas Track, I'm to receive an email shortly before I start my course. But the problem is the 'shortly before my course' part...how much time is 'shortly'? As an insurance applicant, I haven't applied for accommodations yet so I'd like to confirm my place and apply as soon as possible and I'm afraid of doing so too close to the deadline if my email arrives later.

Also, my status on track went to Unconditional Offer so I assumed that meant that my place was already confirmed? So I'm just really confused right now...

Hey,

What was the status with your firm choice? Have you been rejected by them and are you now showing as Unconditional with Royal Holloway? If you private message me your full name and UCAS ID, then I can check this for you.

The good thing is that we're able to guarantee a place in our accommodation to Insurance applicants, provided they submit their application before midday on Wednesday 24 August :smile:

Camilla :smile:
Reply 6
Just so anyone knows, I think the login problem I still occasionally get is because of some internet cookies. When I go in incognito or private mode, I can log in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending