The Student Room Group

GCSE combined science - overall D but with C in physics

Help! I have applied for a job and put that I got d in chemistry, d in biology and c in physics as that is what I got in the subjects but the overall GCSE certificate says D for combined science, can I do this?
Original post by Shall2328
Help! I have applied for a job and put that I got d in chemistry, d in biology and c in physics as that is what I got in the subjects but the overall GCSE certificate says D for combined science, can I do this?

I see why you got D's...

Just say that you passed them. A D is technically a pass at GCSE, I believe

Original post by Hashtosh302
I see why you got D's...

Pointless and rude comment
Original post by AngryRedhead
Just say that you passed them. A D is technically a pass at GCSE, I believe

Pointless and rude comment

A C is a pass
A C is a pass

A C is a good pass, a grade is a pass, ie. being awarded the certificate, D/E for Higher, G for Foundation. It's a common misconception.
A C is a pass

False, anything from A*-G is a pass at GCSE. A D grade is a low pass but a pass nonetheless
Reply 6

No you can't. If its the kind of job where its informal or grades are not that important and they won't ask for certificates you could risk it though.

Quick Reply

Latest