The Student Room Group

Short, fat and stuck

Scroll to see replies

Lol all these stupid sites. The only person you can learn from is yourself. How many scandals or errors in dieting have their been. I personally would stick to eating the same amount you always do but up the amount of sports and activity you undergo. That way your metabolism and blood sugar levels will act normally and only the sport will affect the loss of useless weight. Eating little will stunt you.
Original post by mercuryman
allow me im dyslexic

LOL how did you read the word fat? Taf?
Im kidding. I'm dyslexic too.
Original post by 1010marina
I'm 5ft1 and 82 kilos. I don't have a huge appetite, my much taller but less than 50kg sister can easily eat 2x what I eat in one sitting. But an hour later I'm STARVING. She can eat a small plate and be full all day. She also loads up on chocolate, cakes, etc..It's weird isn't it. If I could just stay fuller for longer I'd be happy lol.

I've tried restricting calories, just makes me tired, grumpy and upset. Exercising on the other hand makes me happy and energetic, so I'm getting into my Zumba and fitness blender. I've decided the weight can stick where it is if it wants to, but I'm going to get healthier anyway ^^ plus, I think exercising increases metabolism. But seems pretty rubbish for weight loss loool.

82kg? Typo?
i'm a foot taller than u and u weigh more than me pls
wot on earth

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by sherlockfan
LOL how did you read the word fat? Taf?
Im kidding. I'm dyslexic too.

Wouldn't say you're officially fat. Your BMI would classify you as borderline overweight. Go out for a jog a few times a day for 3 months and you'll be in good shape in no time.
Successful dieting is about long term habit-forming. Don't think of it in terms of some eventual goal, think rather in terms of how to permanently slightly reduce your eating over the next month. Then repeat for as many months as needed to reach your ideal weight.
82kg? Typo?
wot on earth

Spoiler

No typo sorry o.o just 50.5% fat ^^

edit: ps I'm also getting notifications from another time you quoted me in this thread but I can't find it so sorry if I've missed anything lmao
(edited 7 years ago)
Wouldn't say you're officially fat. Your BMI would classify you as borderline overweight. Go out for a jog a few times a day for 3 months and you'll be in good shape in no time.

According to my BMI I'm borderline OBESE. I am officially fat. There's a difference between overweight and obese.
I joined dietchef. It costs a lot but at least I won't have to worry about what to eat anymore. Had to do something radical.
According to my BMI I'm borderline OBESE. I am officially fat. There's a difference between overweight and obese.

You have a maintetance level, being the pooint at which you neither gain or lose weight.

Eat less than that consistently and you will lose weight.

1lb of weight loss for roughly every 3500 calories fewer you eat or burn below maintenance.

If you steadfastly refuse or seem unable to eat less than 1780 calories, then the only way you can create a deficit is to exercise to burn more. Its much easier to eat less. Many people cna diet at between 1200 and 1500 calories. if they exercise they can eat more.

If you dont appreciate how many calories food has or dont sort out your diet then it becomes more difficult.
Im 4 foot 10 and weigh just over 60 kilos. No matter what I do I just seem to get fatter and fatter. Problem is that most sites say that in order to lose weight I have to eat no more than 1200 calories per day. I know I could never stick to that. Its less than what a child eats.
Why is life so unfair? Why do I have to be so short and fat? :frown: :mad:

The calories you intake must be less than the calories you expend on a daily basis for you to loose weight. To see different results you have to make a change first.

I would advise instead of trying to stick to a set number of calories per day just eat whatever you feel like but ensure that it is in moderation. Fibre rich foods will not only change your intestinal flora for the better but it will also promote the feeling of satiety that discourages further eating. So time for you to stock up on fruits and veggies!

You aren't going to loose weight if you don't drink enough water or get enough sleep either. 8+ hours a night is recommended and try to get 2 litres of fluid a day down the hatch.

Are you stressed a lot? Cortisol is a stupid ass hormone that encourages weight gain that gets secreted when you are stressed. Try to relax a little or engage in daily exercise to reduce stress.

Try to do at least 30 minutes of exercise a day, be it walking/ swimming/ running/ cycling.
82kg? Typo?
wot on earth

Spoiler

dis ain't normal fam....

Spoiler

Your BMI is 28

A few years back (4-5 years ago) I used to be borderline obese too. I used to literally live on water and bread.

I guess you could easily sort yourself out in 5 months with vigorous training
(edited 7 years ago)
Your BMI is 28

A few years back (4-5 years ago) I used to be borderline obese too. I used to literally live on water and bread.

I guess you could easily sort yourself out in 5 months with vigorous training

Exactly. A BMI over 25 is considered overweight.
I've joined dietchef but I think it's going to take a while.
I can't eat most fruits except for grapes and bananas, they give me a gag reflex. I've never been able to eat most fruits.
I have a lot of anxiety and depression.
Thank you genes. *sigh*
I can't eat most fruits except for grapes and bananas, they give me a gag reflex. I've never been able to eat most fruits.
I have a lot of anxiety and depression.
Thank you genes. *sigh*

Okay, just try and eat what fibre you can. Would making it into a smoothie help it go down better?

If you have anxiety and depression it might help getting treated for that. Also, stimulants might help you. Coffee helps with depression and it also speeds up your metabolism which would help with weight loss. Having a cool shower everyday will also speed up your metabolism. So would eating spicy foods and drinking lots of cold drinks
Apparently smoothies can't count for more than one of your five a day no matter how many you have.
I already do all those things you mentioned. None of it really helps.
Apparently smoothies can't count for more than one of your five a day no matter how many you have.
I already do all those things you mentioned. None of it really helps.

Liquified fibre is better than nothing at all, just eat whatever you can. Does canned fruit/ vegetables go down any better? I've never heard of anyone having a gag reflex from fruit before tbh, can you not just force it down with enough liquid?

Okay well how much physical exercise do you do?
Nah canned fruit isn't any better. I just can't swallow it.
I walk and stand quite a lot. Apart from that not much.
Reply 58
wot 1200 isn't hard at all. You can have 3 healthy meals, including healthy snacks that will fill you up and usually they'll total under 1200 calories. There are so many resources. Look up healthy recipes on youtube. If you want to be less calorie conscious OP you can always try low carbing.
Original post by Tai Ga
wot 1200 isn't hard at all. You can have 3 healthy meals, including healthy snacks that will fill you up and usually the y'll total under 1200 calories. There are so many resources. Look up healthy recipes on youtube. If you want to be less calorie conscious OP you can always try low carbing.

Have you tried living on 1200 calories?

Quick Reply

Latest