The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick University will not be entering into clearing

I know my question might be silly, but I read online in the news section that Warwick University are not going to be in clearing amoung other universities. Now, does that mean that most who have offers from this institution have achieved their grades and therefore have been accepted? Or does it just mean that they just do not want to go into clearing this year? I know last year they have many courses that went for clearing, but I don't know why they don't this year.

By they way, I have an offer from Warwick to study History and Sociology (AAB), but I know I haven't made it because one paper in Psychology and one paper in the Sociology exam didn't go as well as I would of liked. I'm just curious to know why some unis don't enter clearing. But I know I haven't made it though:frown:
Reply 1
Update to the post above: i just realised the news article was last year's lol. Just ignore my post above.

Anyway, another question, as Warwick University are strict with their admissions, do you think they will have many spaces this year and do you think they'll accept you if you miss your offer by a grade?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
I'm not sure about a level but I was two points off my entry requirement (IB) and was still given a place. I got my results on the 6th July and about a week and a half later my track changed to say my place at Warwick had been confirmed.

If you don't get your grades make sure you call and email ASAP which is what I did. I didn't make any excuses just tried to explain why I'm still a strong candidate. Don't give up yet though, my friend who is doing law at Warwick which is extremely competitive missed her IB requirements by 2 points and still got a place.

Message me if you still have any qs !:smile:

Btw I'm doing politics and international studies
Reply 3
Original post by PetiteFille
I'm not sure about a level but I was two points off my entry requirement (IB) and was still given a place. I got my results on the 6th July and about a week and a half later my track changed to say my place at Warwick had been confirmed.

If you don't get your grades make sure you call and email ASAP which is what I did. I didn't make any excuses just tried to explain why I'm still a strong candidate. Don't give up yet though, my friend who is doing law at Warwick which is extremely competitive missed her IB requirements by 2 points and still got a place.

Message me if you still have any qs !:smile:

Btw I'm doing politics and international studies

Hi. Congratulations on your place! That kind of reassures me. My course is History and Sociology (AAB), but I think I might end up with A* BB/C. I'm not sure how IB results work, but as you missed 2 points, is that the same as missing 2 grades? I think with A-levels unis don't have time to update their decision, they just update on the day. I could see on your post that they updated your place a week later- why did it take that long? Do IB students have a longer time frame for their place to be updated? You must of been really worried.

Also, with IB, is it the same as A-levels where you have to pick your firm (first choice) and insurance (second choice). If I don't get the grades for my firm then I will automatically go to my insurance if I meet their requirements.

Thanks for the post :smile:
Thank you! And honestly I have no clue why they took so long to update my track. I know it wasn't because I missed my grades because all of other friends had their tracks updated about a week later as well. And lool yeah I was so scared, I really wanted to go Warwick.

I'm not sure if missing 2 points is the same as missing two grades because a lot of people say that unis are more lenient with IB because not as many people do it and we have more subjects. I don't think you should worry though because most of the time people do a lot better than they think and also if your course isn't as competitive you may still be given a place. If not there's always clearing where you can try and get into Warwick from that, but I wish you all the best anyway.

If you get it direct message me on your results day! It would be cool to make a friends before we even start :smile:

Edit: you will automatically get a place at your insurance but if Warwick still want you then it will say your place has been confirmed and it will say unconditional firm
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending