The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by spotify95
Me and @Matrix123 had suspicions that @RavioliDance was potentially a PBU back under another name... and today that username shows up as banned, so someone must have done some checks and found out. As I didn't see @RavioliDance post anything out of the ordinary...

100, 782

Whats a PBU?? :confused: and what gave you and martix suspicions about the user?
(edited 7 years ago)

Original post by mr T 999
100, 782

Whats a PBU?? :confused: and what gave you and martix suspicions about the user?

A PBU is a Previously Banned User. Basically, if you get banned, don't rejoin under another name, as you'll get spotted, and banned again.

It was basically the posting style; there's a certain user on here that we both know the posting style to and there are giveaway signs that this user is back under another account. Any mention of James_W (who is a user on another forum) is a total giveaway, as are "accidentally" going over the 10 post limit by 1 or 2 posts just to make the number look more even. There's other giveaway signs too but I won't go into them.

@04MR17 can we have a quick edit on the previous post please? Thanks :smile:
@04MR17 can we have a quick edit on the previous post please? Thanks.
You know me, always get there in the end.

A PBU is a Previously Banned User. Basically, if you get banned, don't rejoin under another name, as you'll get spotted, and banned again.

It was basically the posting style; there's a certain user on here that we both know the posting style to and there are giveaway signs that this user is back under another account. Any mention of James_W (who is a user on another forum) is a total giveaway, as are "accidentally" going over the 10 post limit by 1 or 2 posts just to make the number look more even. There's other giveaway signs too but I won't go into them.

@04MR17 can we have a quick edit on the previous post please? Thanks :smile:

Oh ok I get it now. Do you think this user will rejoin again as a different username? There's one username here that looks suspicious "goldmedalwinner" join date was this month, as soon after RavioliDance was banned. :holmes:

Posted from OtherWorld
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 04MR17
100785You know me, always get there in the end.

Okay, thanks for the edit! :smile:

Latest