The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by extraordinaire
Loool really? Care to share some examples?

Spoiler

Yesss! And I've dreamt all A*s, I've dreamt half my results were missing from the sheet, I've dreamt I got one grade and it was a C in RE (I think because I'm pretty worried about RE), I've dreamt 8A*s 2A's (because that's been my ideal, but I know I won't get it), then I had a dream where the grades felt very realistic so I was wondering if it was a premonition ?? I wrote it down somewhere but I've forgotten where now hahahah!
Original post by caitlinford3
Yesss! And I've dreamt all A*s, I've dreamt half my results were missing from the sheet, I've dreamt I got one grade and it was a C in RE (I think because I'm pretty worried about RE), I've dreamt 8A*s 2A's (because that's been my ideal, but I know I won't get it), then I had a dream where the grades felt very realistic so I was wondering if it was a premonition ?? I wrote it down somewhere but I've forgotten where now hahahah!

wow!
Yeah I feel like mine have been quite vivid too but I'm unsure whether they'll reflect reality. If you're worried about your results but you've worked hard, it's most likely because you're worried. Same with if you keep fantasizing about your dream grades (like me). However sometimes my gut feeling is correct or I have a premonition of something which has some truth in it
If only results day was sooner
Original post by Starlight15
When people ask you what year group you're in during the summer holidays do you say year 11 or year 12?

When people ask me what year group i'm in and I want to say year 11 but I'm finished with year 11 but I want to say year 12 but I haven't got my results yet

I just say year 12 in september loool cause technically im not in a year
My spanish and english exams were igcse cie therefore those results come out on the 11th but I think my school gives all the results together (on the 25th) .
Idk whether I should wait or get my parents to email and ask.
Original post by mxskaan
My spanish and english exams were igcse cie therefore those results come out on the 11th but I think my school gives all the results together (on the 25th) .
Idk whether I should wait or get my parents to email and ask.

Wait, IGCSE exams results come out on the 11th? How can you find out?
Original post by ak143244

Some pupils receive logins to view them online. Unfortunately, like me, your school didn't give you a login to view them.
Original post by CIEBioloysifh
Some pupils receive logins to view them online. Unfortunately, like me, your school didn't give you a login to view them.

Aww that sucks. I really wanted to know my English Language result so I can stop worrying about it.
Original post by ak143244

Yes if you're with CIE then IGCSE results come out on the 11th.

https://ask.cie.org.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/205696021-When-will-June-2016-results-be-released-

"All qualifications except for Cambridge Pre-U From 06.00 BST on 11 August 2016 Schools may release results to candidates straight away."

I think it's best to email your exam's officer, I'm not entirely sure on what to do either.
Quick question for anyone who took the AQA Eng Lang paper; do you think the GB will be lowered? I think they should be as it was a harder exam than last years. Really need an A in English Language.
Original post by sahil19
Quick question for anyone who took the AQA Eng Lang paper; do you think the GB will be lowered? I think they should be as it was a harder exam than last years. Really need an A in English Language.

Amen to that! Hopefully they will be low as the questions were weirdly phrased and just HARD. But I'm still hoping for an A*:tongue:
Original post by AceOfSpade
Amen to that! Hopefully they will be low as the questions were weirdly phrased and just HARD. But I'm still hoping for an A*:tongue:

Yeah I got an A* in the last mock we did before the real thing, would more than happily take an A after the not so nice paper aha.
Reply 511
I hope the IGCSE grade boundaries are released or leaked!
Original post by sahil19

Original post by sahil19
Yeah I got an A* in the last mock we did before the real thing, would more than happily take an A after the not so nice paper aha.

Exactly the same as you. Scraped an A* in the mock (59/80, GB was 57) but found this so so difficult and I'm just praying I didn't get a B because the boundaries are always so close.
I genuinely couldn't even understand what article 1 was about which has never happened before, and I completely messed up section B because I had no time :frown:
What was it about it that you found difficult? :redface:
What did you guys think of the Edexcel English Language paper? The first section of the OMOM paper was worded horrendously, loads of people wrote about context!!
Original post by surina16
Exactly the same as you. Scraped an A* in the mock (59/80, GB was 57) but found this so so difficult and I'm just praying I didn't get a B because the boundaries are always so close.
I genuinely couldn't even understand what article 1 was about which has never happened before, and I completely messed up section B because I had no time :frown:
What was it about it that you found difficult? :redface:

I got 59 in my last mock as well!!!!! I found the question about thoughts and feelings difficult. Also the question about writing to a newspaper was awful; mind completely went blank. Praying that I get an A, 2nd highest priority for me after History.
Original post by sahil19
I got 59 in my last mock as well!!!!! I found the question about thoughts and feelings difficult. Also the question about writing to a newspaper was awful; mind completely went blank. Praying that I get an A, 2nd highest priority for me after History.

Oh jesus I forgot about that horrific thoughts and feelings one... :redface: I think we all found it so difficult because the majority of us basically don't get taught anything for English Language which is pretty dumb when it's a compulsory subject for most workplaces :colonhash:
Tbh, I hated all of the creative writing pieces in general... and same, I couldn't think of anything to write :/
Are you doing English next year or is it just one that you really care about? :smile:

Spoiler

Oh jesus I forgot about that horrific thoughts and feelings one... :redface: I think we all found it so difficult because the majority of us basically don't get taught anything for English Language which is pretty dumb when it's a compulsory subject for most workplaces :colonhash:
Tbh, I hated all of the creative writing pieces in general... and same, I couldn't think of anything to write :/
Are you doing English next year or is it just one that you really care about? :smile:

Spoiler

Aha yeah I'm glad everyone else found it hard. I'm not doing it next year but I want to be a lawyer so it is very important aha! Plus getting an A in English Language shows you're a very good native speaker.
Nearly 15 days to go, I can't wait!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sahil19
Aha yeah I'm glad everyone else found it hard. I'm not doing it next year but I want to be a lawyer so it is very important aha! Plus getting an A in English Language shows you're a very good native speaker.

For similar reasons I guess - want to do medicine so it would be embarrassing if I did terribly in English Language but then claim to be 'great at speaking to patients' :redface:
For similar reasons I guess - want to do medicine so it would be embarrassing if I did terribly in English Language but then claim to be 'great at speaking to patients' :redface:

ahaha yeah, suppose you're worried about the science GB's? I did AQA for that; B2 was okay, C2 was brilliant and P2 was the hardest exam I did aha.

Latest