The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

@PQ

I got a response from Cardiff:

"Thank you for your email. I have forwarded your request to the School for their consideration once we have received the results from UCAS."

:frown:
Reply 2961
Original post by smegsxo
I keep trying to tell people I'll be at my insurance but they won't accept it. I've accepted it, they need to now! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly! Everytime I talk about it they act like its something to be upse about but I'm so over it now and just want them to realise that!:laugh:
Original post by emiloujess
@PQ

I got a response from Cardiff:

"Thank you for your email. I have forwarded your request to the School for their consideration once we have received the results from UCAS."

:frown:

That's fine - that's all they can do until the results come in.

If they know your wishes then they can make sure you're put in clearing by the 18th.
Ok guys please help... I (stupidly) emailed a psychic who gave me a free tarot reading- I asked about exams because I'm literally desperate at the moment. She said that it's not good news because I have bad luck :frown: so now I think I'll fail. Am I being gullible?!
why would you beleive a psychic though ... sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by S F
Has anyone else come to the realisation that they'll end up at their insurance uni? I'm totally fine with it, but can't be bothered having to tell everyone and hear their pity on results day:argh::excited:

I feel like I haven't even gotten into my insurance, and it will be clearing for me. :frown:
Original post by Lularose83
Ok guys please help... I (stupidly) emailed a psychic who gave me a free tarot reading- I asked about exams because I'm literally desperate at the moment. She said that it's not good news because I have bad luck :frown: so now I think I'll fail. Am I being gullible?!

Psychics are experts in using the little information they have to provide a best judgement guess.

THink about it, if you were 99% confident in you having done really well in exams, you wouldn't ask about results day.

However since you asked, it implies you have strong doubts, which hugely increases the chances you did actually fail. Additionally, I'm sure you worded it in such a way that this is further implied. You're just being fooled, the psychic profession is all a lie. It's like magic, but they never revealed their tricks so nobody assumes there are these tricks.
Original post by Aph
Ummmm are you sure? I'm pretty sure GCSE offers aren't sent out until GCSE results day.

Yes, I'm pretty sure. My status has changed to unconditional and I've had an email from my uni saying they've been notified of my grade from the exam board and they've changed my status. I can read thanks.
Original post by PQ
Universities don't get GCSE results sent to us at all. The exam boards have no agreement with UCAS to share GCSE results.

See https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/results/sending-exam-results

If your university has accepted you before you have your results that's because they've decided that your grades as they stand are acceptable.

The exam board has notified my university, who then updated my status on track to unconditional. I received an email from them today. As has most people doing midwifery who are awaiting GCSE maths thanks
Original post by ComputerMaths97
Psychics are experts in using the little information they have to provide a best judgement guess.

THink about it, if you were 99% confident in you having done really well in exams, you wouldn't ask about results day.

However since you asked, it implies you have strong doubts, which hugely increases the chances you did actually fail. Additionally, I'm sure you worded it in such a way that this is further implied. You're just being fooled, the psychic profession is all a lie. It's like magic, but they never revealed their tricks so nobody assumes there are these tricks.

Yeah I was sceptical. Actually, I'm quite confident in my grades, I just hate to get my hopes up and have a high degree of impatience :smile: I'll never do it again.
Original post by LC1996
The exam board has notified my university, who then updated my status on track to unconditional. I received an email from them today. As has most people doing midwifery who are awaiting GCSE maths thanks

Which exam board? I can recommend to my employer that we direct applicants their way if we're able to get gcse results directly this long in advance- we have to wait for applicants to email scans of their results slips on gcse results day to make decisions for gcse resit applicants.

Do they know your university has disclosed your grade to you? A university doing that with A level grades would be in breach of contract with the exam board.
I hope UCAS track opens before 8am like last year.*
Original post by PQ
That's fine - that's all they can do until the results come in.

If they know your wishes then they can make sure you're put in clearing by the 18th.

PRSOM 😊

Thank you so much, it's helped to reassure me... I'm just terrified I'll be kept waiting too long and the BU places will be filled. Do I need to email my insurance too?

What if BU doesn't like me enough to offer me a place if I get the grades? Argh there are too many what ifs atm 😢 I hate anxiety.
PRSOM 😊

Thank you so much, it's helped to reassure me... I'm just terrified I'll be kept waiting too long and the BU places will be filled. Do I need to email my insurance too?

What if BU doesn't like me enough to offer me a place if I get the grades? Argh there are too many what ifs atm 😢 I hate anxiety.

Yes email your insurance too.

Have you found any other options for clearing that appeal. Even if BU is your favourite then having a couple of backups will help calm your nerves
What if BU doesn't like me enough to offer me a place if I get the grades?

They are in Clearing, of course they will want you if you have the grades.
Original post by PQ
Yes email your insurance too.

Have you found any other options for clearing that appeal. Even if BU is your favourite then having a couple of backups will help calm your nerves

Thanks I'll do that tomorrow 😊

I've looked at Chester and Sheffield Hallam for Advertising, I'm also going to look at Marketing Communications courses. BU have said that if they don't think I'm right for the Advertising course they'll try and offer me an alternative but it's the course I've fallen in love with... I'm just terrified 😂
Original post by marioman
They are in Clearing, of course they will want you if you have the grades.

Pessimism plus anxiety 😂 I always fear the worst.
Reply 2977
Am I right in thinking there will be more courses added to the existing clearing list on/after the 18th?
Reply 2978
Thanks I'll do that tomorrow 😊

I've looked at Chester and Sheffield Hallam for Advertising, I'm also going to look at Marketing Communications courses. BU have said that if they don't think I'm right for the Advertising course they'll try and offer me an alternative but it's the course I've fallen in love with... I'm just terrified 😂

Personally I'd advise against Chester, for one you definitely won't get accommodation IIRC and if you do all their accommodation you wouldn't want to live it anyway. It's very, very grotty. Then the city is extortionate to live in.

The university itself is actually okay looking and has some good facilities. But it is one I would tell people to avoid if they can.
Anyone know if Aberdeen is good?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest