The Student Room Group

Anybody else don't like where society is heading?

Marriages don't last, people seem to only care about sex and cheating is epidemic. It's all about consumerism, materialism and just in general obsessing with what celebrities do. 1/4 of all families are run by single mothers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Ugh tell me about it, can you imagine if we had a world war? 3/4 of the western population would be useless.
It's always been the same. John Kennedy(one of the most important men in History) had hundreds of women. At least now society is more honest rather than hypocrite. I love this society, society is us.
Reply 3
Try to remember that this is still the best time in the history of humanity to be alive. :wink:
Reply 4
Original post by stefano865
Try to remember that this is still the best time in the history of humanity to be alive. :wink:

why, because no wars (atleast in europe)?
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
why, because no wars (atleast in europe)?

For most of us...

No war
No poverty
Education
So many opportunities and possibilities

Many more reasons I can't think of right now.
OP do you know the original sin was a woman tempting a man? Have you ever been in Rome,where most of the ancient Roman art was about sex? Society has always been this way. We love sex you know
Marriages don't last, people seem to only care about sex and cheating is epidemic. It's all about consumerism, materialism and just in general obsessing with what celebrities do. 1/4 of all families are run by single mothers

Makes me laugh actually. Most young peoiple today have no idea how chitty their lives will be 20 years from now. Likelihood is they'll be:

- still renting their home, due to exorbitant house prices, and so with no real wealth they'll be wage slaves for rest of their lives

- likely divorced. If you're a man you will likely be paying large chunk of salary in alimony/child support, and if you're a womn you'll have to go back to fending for yourself likely after being out of work for some time

- divorce is likely going to affect their kids negatively

- saddled with consumer debt as they continually seek happiness through possessions

- stuck in a job they dislike
(edited 7 years ago)
UK's ****ed in my opinion. Just have to flick thru the TV channels and online media these days to see the crap that is polluting the minds of masses. We don't have any values or limits anymore. Nothing is condemned or frowned upon - everything is accepted in the name of maintaining our celebrated open and tolerant society.
In what way is a divorced single mother worse than being in an unhappy or forced marriage?

People are more free to express themselves nowadays and I think that's beautiful.
Original post by 1010marina
In what way is a divorced single mother worse than being in an unhappy or forced marriage?

People are more free to express themselves nowadays and I think that's beautiful.

Nobody means divorced women when they say "single mothers".

They mean the idiot young women who were stupid enough to get knocked up by the local badboy, and lo and f****ng behold are surprised when the guy doesnt stick around to raise the kid.
Society hasn't always been great, it's not like we're heading downhill, it's a level path. We make progressions with some things, and take step backs with others. for example, Nowadays there is no longer slavery and women can have equal rights in our country, however there's an epidemic of media encouraged low self esteem and depression, and there's a refugee crisis.
Reply 12
We do live in strange and disturbing times.
Original post by Washington.
Nobody means divorced women when they say "single mothers".

They mean the idiot young women who were stupid enough to get knocked up by the local badboy, and lo and f****ng behold are surprised when the guy doesnt stick around to raise the kid.

OK, and in what way is that scenario drastically worse than a married couple? The woman's going to be better off alone than without that jerk.
Makes me laugh actually. Most young peoiple today have no idea how chitty their lives will be 20 years from now. Likelihood is they'll be:

- still renting their home, due to exorbitant house prices, and so with no real wealth they'll be wage slaves for rest of their lives

- likely divorced. If you're a man you will likely be paying large chunk of salary in alimony/child support, and if you're a womn you'll have to go back to fending for yourself likely after being out of work for some time

- divorce is likely going to affect their kids negatively

- saddled with consumer debt as they continually seek happiness through possessions

- stuck in a job they dislike

this I'm terrified about.
Original post by 1010marina
OK, and in what way is that scenario drastically worse than a married couple? The woman's going to be better off alone than without that jerk.

Single mothers are a pox on society. Stupid women who dont know how to keep their legs closed making stupid decisions which the taxpayer has to pay for.
Single mothers are a pox on society. Stupid women who dont know how to keep their legs closed making stupid decisions which the taxpayer has to pay for.

Sorry, but last time I checked it takes TWO PEOPLE to make a child.
If the male parent decides to not stick around and be a dad, I fail to see how it's the mother's fault.
I thought marriages are lasting longer and divorces are less likely than at any time since they became on demand in the 1970s.

Wait....we're not just making big statements on the basis of some completely unsupported popular myths are we.....?
Original post by Trinculo
I thought marriages are lasting longer and divorces are less likely than at any time since they became on demand in the 1970s.

Wait....we're not just making big statements on the basis of some completely unsupported popular myths are we.....?

Marriages are definitely not lasting longer, and reduced divorce rate is tied to fact marriage rate has reduced.

YMCA Transgender changing rooms.

Schools will have Transgender toilets.

Everywhere will have Transgender toilets.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending