The Student Room Group

Moving belongings - ParcelForce?

Hello!
So I was just thinking, how I'm going to move all my belongings into my accommodation - I'm in my second year. For the first year, my Dad had a van, now he doesn't.
I know some people used couriers like ParcelForce and was wondering if you have any recommendations on what I should do. I'll be taking my huge computer, huge speakers and books from last year, the rest I'll take on the train.
Thank you!
Original post by LookAgain
Hello!
So I was just thinking, how I'm going to move all my belongings into my accommodation - I'm in my second year. For the first year, my Dad had a van, now he doesn't.
I know some people used couriers like ParcelForce and was wondering if you have any recommendations on what I should do. I'll be taking my huge computer, huge speakers and books from last year, the rest I'll take on the train.
Thank you!

As couriers charge by weight and that's expensive tech, hiring a man with a van could be worth it rather than risk it being damaged by a courier.
Reply 2
There are quite a few large courier companies, DHL is another one. You could get some quotes. I imagine the items would need to be properly packed.

Then there a more informal 'man with a van' couriers or even rent your own van or estate car options. Look at shop window adds or local publications.

Not really sure what works out most cost effective. Let us know.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending