The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Are you AS or A2? AS
What subjects are you taking? Government & Politics, History, Spanish & German
To which university are you hoping to go? UCL (fingers crossed massively)
To study which subject? IR/German/Spanish would be the dream......
What grades are required for your desired degree? A*AA
How did your exams go? Meh I don't really know tbh, really need 3 As at AS which I think I might have just managed but we'll have to see...
How are you feeling about results day? Nervous but I'm not constantly thinking about it, probs a bit more nervous than at GCSE because more rides on it and it's less results/exams so you obsess over it more - but I'm just trying not to think about it. Being here doesn't really help haha
Original post by Pato1
The new remark system is not fair for subjects like English Lit, it is so heavily subjective... Is a remark even worth it?

Yeah I wonder as well like I said here.

Spoiler

I hope Ofqual can clarify so that we can decide on our course of action. If we go for a remark, they can only correct 'marking errors', meaning that the initial marking must have deviated from the mark scheme in order to be considered an 'error'. But for English, the mark scheme is just criteria/descriptors and it's marked by 'levels', so in our case a 'marking error' would be that we did meet a criterion with our answers but the initial marker didn't see it and so didn't credit us. I imagine when we send for a remark, if the reviewer sees (now, he mustn't deliberately go 'find' it cos it'd then be considered 'leniency' or 'finding marks to give', which is what the new system tries to prevent) 'evidence' in our answers that we have met that criterion, which the original marker missed out, then the 'marking error' will be corrected and we will be awarded.

But yes this entire thing for humanities subjects is a bug, cos the marking of essay-based subject is always someone's subjective judgement i.e. the marker and the reviewer's own idea of what counts as having met that criterion in question.

But personally I'd still send for a remark if I desperately needed it in the hope that they have finally realised the new system can't be properly implemented into essay-based subjects and so they'd go remark it the same way as before lol.

Original post by qosin
What's new /how's it harsh?

The official document is here: Here's my analysis/interpretation of it:

Spoiler

It's just a very raw and flawed system. It'd be fine with science and maths, but it doesn't make sense to me at all for humanities/essay-based subjects.
(edited 7 years ago)
So we'd find out on track before getting our actual results?

Might have track open on my phone, then just refresh the page after I've looked at my grades tbh
1 week
Hey guys I just realised I got my country code wrong in the telephone number section of UCAS and I was wondering if it's necessary to have it corrected. Is it important to my firm and insurance or will everything come in through my email? I have also opted for the Direct Contact Service which I believe allows other universities other than my firm and insurance to contact me with available courses if I somehow miss my original offers.

Advise me on this please!! If you think it's necessary to have it updated, how do I do it?

Original post by MessyEffy
Papermate Inkjoy, they write beautifully ahh I'm in love😍

I recommend them to everyone and anyone!

Haha you seem very passionate about your pens :h:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by LC1996
I haven't been told what grade I got, I just know it was sufficient to meet the conditions of my course.

According to their website that is a C in maths GCSE. So the grade you already have before a retake.
http://www.keele.ac.uk/studyatkeele/undergraduatestudy/entryrequirements/midwiferyentryrequirements/

(Also you posted in April that your offers were all unconditional - so how could your Track update yesterday to unconditional?)
Original post by CourtlyCanter
Hey guys I just realised I got my country code wrong in the telephone number section of UCAS and I was wondering if it's necessary to have it corrected. Is it important to my firm and insurance or will everything come in through my email? I have also opted for the Direct Contact Service which I believe allows other universities other than my firm and insurance to contact me with available courses if I somehow miss my original offers.

Advise me on this please!! If you think it's necessary to have it updated, how do I do it?

Haha you seem very passionate about your pens :h:

Ring ucas today and correct it.

I'm sure most universities would spot it as an error and manually ring the right number but there's no harm in correcting it.

Where I used to work out phone system could only allow 50 incoming calls but unlimited outgoing (a BT restriction) so there was a policy to ring as many applicants as possible to keep the incoming lines free.
Hi! I got an email this morning from student room saying 'university of Herts has saved you a seat' and talking about clearing. Is this just a generic email everyone gets, or does this mean they have accepted me and given me a space at there university via clearing? And are they kind of indirectly telling me I didn't make the grades for my firm and insurance choices?
I'm pretty sure it's just a generic email, but can anyone shed any light on this? thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anyone nervous about exam results
*delete
(edited 7 years ago)
How is everyone feeling today?😊
Reply 3011
Is it true whichever uni we get into will email us at midnight on wednesday? So we know where we've got into before track tells us?
Original post by bishbashbosh123
Considering results day is next week and I'm so excited to buy new stationary!!

Any ideas for essential stationary for university? How do I buy it cheaper? Thanks!!

Ya! Stationery shopping is what i live for, i love that crap so much :')
And maybe check eBay!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lularose83
How is everyone feeling today?😊

It's so close... I kind of just want it to hurry up now :laugh:
Original post by EmilyPlatypus

It's so close... I kind of just want it to hurry up now :laugh:

Exactly! I don't know what to do with myself! 😊
Original post by S F
Is it true whichever uni we get into will email us at midnight on wednesday? So we know where we've got into before track tells us?

No

Universities are under embargo about decisions until 6am (with UCAS recommending waiting until 8am) on the 18th
Original post by yoli1998
Hi! I got an email this morning from student room saying 'university of Herts has saved you a seat' and talking about clearing. Is this just a generic email everyone gets, or does this mean they have accepted me and given me a space at there university via clearing? And are they kind of indirectly telling me I didn't make the grades for my firm and insurance choices?
I'm pretty sure it's just a generic email, but can anyone shed any light on this? thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's just spam
Original post by nomophobia
Oooh, I do chemistry too! Which exam board and AS or A2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

OCR, and I did A2 but resat F321 AS (which I actually think I did okay on so there's that lol)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by MoonVirgo
The Edexcel ones are already here on the first post. Just scroll down a bit to where it says 'Exam Papers & Mark Schemes' in the subtitle. :smile:

Which first post?
Reply 3019
Original post by Bijoux1801
Which first post?

The first one. Just before the second.

Quick Reply

Latest