The Student Room Group

Ladies, your thoughts on Asian guys?

Scroll to see replies

From a white girls perspective I am guessing Asian parents seem ****ing intensive. Maybe they don't wanna have a marriage before having a child or live with that Asians parents or keep their relationship secret etc. You can't argue that it must be pretty taxing for the white girl who would probably be able to bring the boy home and have dinner with the parents etc......also no girl wants to have their potential child called a "bastard" which the rural uneducated Asians parents and grandparents will definitely call it if it was born outside of marriage cuz they are from antiquated culture/era
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 101
Original post by neal95
From a white girls perspective I am guessing Asian parents seem ****ing intensive. Maybe they don't wanna have a marriage before having a child or live with that Asians parents or keep their relationship secret etc. You can't argue that it must be pretty taxing for the white girl who would probably be able to bring the boy home and have dinner with the parents etc......also no girl wants to have their potential child called a "bastard" which the rural uneducated Asians parents and grandparents will definitely call it if it was born outside of marriage cuz they are from antiquated culture/era

I kno very well, I'm currently single but when I have a gf hopefully she doesn't see my family. Not all asian parents are like that but most are.
If you're talking about typical Lahoris or guys from Islamabad they are the worst I've ever came across. I swear, they are just generally really annoying!

Appearance wise, i dont really care much. As long as he takes care of himself and looks amazing and dresses in a formal manner. He should have manners and respect and typical asians lack that.

Guys ive came across who are Asian id say theres always that majority who thinks they're hard as ****, violent af, abusive, they talk to other females even when they're married and have affair because they cant live with one.
In my family nearly all the men are married twice!

Therefore, I'm not willing to get married or even think about it and never have i ever thought about dating as it depresses me. But obviously my parents would want me to marry a decent asian!!
Id go for anyone as long as he has respect for his parents, wife and my family and i would take care of his family as if they're my own ❤️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wass_khan1
Ladies, what are your thoughts on Asian guys? Be honest - good or bad will do!

THE REASON I ASK:

I’m obviously an Asian dude asking here lol

So a few times I’ve found or seen that some (not all) girls that are NOT asian, can be a little dismissive or quite hesitant when it comes to asian guys who show interest. If thats the case for you, why? Or if thats not the case for you, why?

I’m just quite curious to hear the female opinion on the matter, as I've had both positive AND negative responses when I've been interested in girls, like any guy does, but some I’ve asked why when getting a negative response, have bought up first or secondhand experiences involving the roadman/hootrat type that are from backward or strict families, maybe are drug dealers and/or treat their girlfriends like rubbish, and all the other typical stories and generalisations you probably hear or might have seen. Is that the usual worry, or is there something else we lack/don't quite do right for you? Or vice versa?

I'm not bitter, or looking to have a rant. As I said, I'm just curious to hear peoples opinions

Cheers :smile:

Black girl here- Personally I am attracted to Asain guys and so many of them are really cool and chilled. What I've been told is that they usually stay within their race or ocassionally date white girls- is this true? Idm if it is lol but for me personally as long as a guy is open minded and funny race isnt a big thing for me.
Original post by WannaBMedStudent
Black girl here- Personally I am attracted to Asain guys and so many of them are really cool and chilled. What I've been told is that they usually stay within their race or ocassionally date white girls- is this true? Idm if it is lol but for me personally as long as a guy is open minded and funny race isnt a big thing for me.

From my experience. Ive never seen an asian and a black couple in real life. It obvs can happen. But its rare
(Im not asian)
Wth is with all these people attacking the poor guy's post lol? It's just a question...

Seems more than obvious that although there aren't any blatant racists here, people tend to think Asians are somewhat inferior to white people tbh. I mean, that's the kind of vibe i'm getting. People need to chill about Asian people being 'desperate to get white blood in the family' or 'Worshiping' whatever. Rude much? Y'all must think too highly of yourselves.

Anyway though, in response to the actual point of this thread, i think it's because Asian people sometimes tend to have strict traditions, religion and culture and sometimes don't really date outside their race.
Original post by sadixx
most of the Asian guys near me are horrible . ngl

truss
Original post by loveleest
Personally, I don't mind them. I have seen some good looking (south) Asian guys but personally wouldn't date one. Many of their parents are way too conservative.
my mums not conservative:frown:
Original post by OGFakiie
my mums not conservative:frown:

Would she let you date outside your race? Is yes then that is so rare tbh.
Original post by WannaBMedStudent

I agree!

I know many Asians and they just fall for either Asians or white girls.

But the thing is they do everything in life when it comes to marriage they want the perfect girl, who has never dated anyone or been looked at in a different manner and i just find that ****ed up.
Its the mindset of most Asians, even my family. You could go have sex before marriage, date, drink, smoke and enjoy life but when it comes to marriage they want the opposite to whatever they did in life.

^^ From previous experience

Posted from TSR Mobile
lol in the end they always end up with an Asian believe it or not 😭😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Would she let you date outside your race? Is yes then that is so rare tbh.

nah she does care sort of, but it's not so bad, I think with most Asians their dads are hella strict with this stuff. And I don't live with mine so its bless
Original post by PrincessBO$$
Mmm depends. Cause my Somali uncle lives there and is married to an egyptian. He keeps saying they arent that racist to him :hmmmm: They are more racist to south sudanese people and west africans:K:

From what i saw when i went there, some (not all) were pretty racist towards my somali mates.
nah she does care sort of, but it's not so bad, I think with most Asians their dads are hella strict with this stuff. And I don't live with mine so its bless

Oh so it's the Dad and not the Mum. Every sibgle Asian girl I have met have said their parents would not allow them to date out. Like they would get disowned if they do.

What country are you from?
Oh so it's the Dad and not the Mum. Every single Asian girl I have met have said their parents would not allow them to date out. Like they would get disowned if they do.

What country are you from?

Hahaha disowned that's crazy, my origins are pakistan. wbu
I think Asian guys are just like everyone else. You can't judge one guy just by the whole community of Asian guys. At the end of the day as long as you have a good heart and are kind to people it honestly doesn't matter what religion or guy you are. You are who you are.
Original post by wass_khan1
Ladies, what are your thoughts on Asian guys? Be honest - good or bad will do!

THE REASON I ASK:

I’m obviously an Asian dude asking here lol

So a few times I’ve found or seen that some (not all) girls that are NOT asian, can be a little dismissive or quite hesitant when it comes to asian guys who show interest. If thats the case for you, why? Or if thats not the case for you, why?

I’m just quite curious to hear the female opinion on the matter, as I've had both positive AND negative responses when I've been interested in girls, like any guy does, but some I’ve asked why when getting a negative response, have bought up first or secondhand experiences involving the roadman/hootrat type that are from backward or strict families, maybe are drug dealers and/or treat their girlfriends like rubbish, and all the other typical stories and generalisations you probably hear or might have seen. Is that the usual worry, or is there something else we lack/don't quite do right for you? Or vice versa?

I'm not bitter, or looking to have a rant. As I said, I'm just curious to hear peoples opinions

Cheers :smile:
Original post by Caiyren
From what i saw when i went there, some (not all) were pretty racist towards my somali mates.

Tbh i dont believe him. Been in egypt for over 15 yrs and not faced one racist? Pft yeah right. :colonhash:
Hahaha disowned that's crazy, my origins are pakistan. wbu

Yeah i know. Oh okay lol, it is worse for indians I think. The ones I asked were indians and I am nigerian.
Original post by Midmore
At the end of the day as long as you have a good heart and are kind to people it honestly doesn't matter what religion or guy you are. You are who you are.

What an amazing reply 👌🏻💯💯

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Habina786xx
What an amazing reply 👌🏻💯💯

Posted from TSR Mobile
girls don't care about good heart, just if you're a spice or not

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending