The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff University Accommodation 2016

Scroll to see replies

Hi all,
I'm studying occupational therapy in sept, was wondering thoughts on accommodation. How is liberty, talybont north and Cartwright? Or if there are any other recommendations?
Thank you :smile:
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by arkatie
Go private, there are loads in Cardiff!

How does that work as an international student? When i studied in London I was warned not to rent private first year as I could not go and see the places for myself and there are lots off fraud going on. Or is it worth checking into a hostel for a week or two while flat hunting?
Original post by Cornish-tal
Hi all,
I'm studying occupational therapy in sept, was wondering thoughts on accommodation. How is liberty, talybont north and Cartwright? Or if there are any other recommendations?
Thank you :smile:

Hey They are all very good accommodation choices however it depends on what quality you were after, like liberty is the best for quality!
Hi, I'm soooo stuck between Colum Hall and Talybont South.

Which one would you recommend and why??

I'll need to travel to Newport whenever I have lectures, if that is important in any way :redface:.
Reply 64
Looking for someone to take over my contract at Northgate house apartments, Collegiate property.It is a premier studio with a personal kitchen / All Bills Included. For the term 2016/2017. It has a brilliant city centre location. Located at Kingsway right across The Cardiff Castle.

Kindly revert back for details!!
Reply 65
Hi.
Does anyone know the best acomodation for first year medical students.
Thanks
Hi Guys,

For any of you looking at private accommodation, we have 2 awesome properties that you may be interested in.

Summit House, which is located right in the city centre, and offers Studio rooms and 2 bed apartments, and also Windsor House, located right opposite Summit House and is brand new for this September.

You can expect the very best facilities in both of these properties, with Windsor House offering 24 hour concierge.

Please check out the links for more information and if you have any questions, please just let me know.

Good luck in your search :smile:
Reply 67
Looking for housemates to share a house ! Currently we have 6 tenants who are Malaysians :wink: The house is a 7 bedroom house located on Colum Road, 2 minutes to law school and about 5 minutes to business school. Rent is £300 without utility bills (Much cheaper compared to Uni accommodation!) Please drop me a message if you're interested or know of anyone who may be interested. I'll be able to provide further details and photos! Thanks !

WhatsApp: 7833803101
WeChat: jaslyntan__
Reply 68
Can somebody tell me what is provided in halls and what we require?
does anyone know what we need to bring?
like do we needs cutlery and pots and pans?
thats my main concern
Reply 70
Original post by Z32
Can somebody tell me what is provided in halls and what we require?

http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/new-students/before-you-arrive/moving-to-cardiff/what-to-bring All the info is here. :smile:
What are the most posh halls?
Original post by DaisyCardiffRep
Hey Everyone, I am the senior student academic rep for Cardiff University.

This thread is to advise you on accommodation and answer any questions about any of the specific halls you may have.

An extensive list of Halls Groups will be provided to help you meet your fellow housemates once allocations have been given out.

I hope you and your friends find this useful and I look forward to reading your questions soon!

Cardiff Uni Academic Representative

Hi Daisy

I have been offered a place at Cambrian point and have been trying to find out a bit more information regarding the mix of students etc and the social. I'm a first year student and from what I can see there seems to be a lot of post grad and international students there, I want to make sure I'm going to be do where there is a bit of social going on. Do the uni put first years together? Would they put me in a flat with all international students? Also as some of friends have hit a place in tally will they be able to visit me - as I've read security is high? I'm a but of a worrier as you can tell!!! Thanks Clare
Hi,

So if I'm not happy with my accomodation choice can I ask to reallocate me ? I got my 4th choice sadly.

Thanks.
Original post by pancakes_98
Hi,

So if I'm not happy with my accomodation choice can I ask to reallocate me ? I got my 4th choice sadly.

Thanks.

Im afraid this is not uncommon, as cardiff allocate accomodation based on when your offer came through as unconditional and when you applied people often get lower choices, you should be really lucky though because some people dont even get one of their 12 choices...

Asking to be relocated usually means you will forfeight your first accomodation offer and then there is no gaurantee they will relocate you or offer you any accomodation at all. I would advise you to just stick it out where you are, if you ask for relocation they are not going to be able to allocate you to one of your top 3 choices or else they would have done that in the first place, your top 3 choices must be full sadly.

where is it you have been allocated?
Hi, do you know if its possible to change accommodations afterwards? I got assigned to uni hall (coachman) and due to it being places 15th out of 15th on the accommodations ranking- its not giving me much confidence xD
Reply 76
Original post by RuruLock
Hi, do you know if its possible to change accommodations afterwards? I got assigned to uni hall (coachman) and due to it being places 15th out of 15th on the accommodations ranking- its not giving me much confidence xD

I also got uni halls which was my last choice! I put it 10th cos it's far away but does anyone know what it's like?
Can't believe I got put into my 4th choice! I'm not accepting it. No way am I staying at Talybont North. It's far from the Uni, the rooms are tiny.. I'm going to contact them to ask to reallocate me. I thought they'd at least put me in my 3rd choice. I would have preferred Aberdare or even Gordon hall if I'd know they were gonna put me in North.
Original post by BubbleLover98
Can't believe I got put into my 4th choice! I'm not accepting it. No way am I staying at Talybont North. It's far from the Uni, the rooms are tiny.. I'm going to contact them to ask to reallocate me. I thought they'd at least put me in my 3rd choice. I would have preferred Aberdare or even Gordon hall if I'd know they were gonna put me in North.

What were your third, second and first choices? North was my third and after some consideration I'm perfectly fine with it, the buses run quite often and I've been doing 20 minute walks to school for ages now. The rooms aren't any bigger in South and Court costs £500 more.
has anyone had trouble viewing their accommodation? when i click on 'university residences' link on sims it just goes to an error page!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending