The Student Room Group

How much do you pay per type of clothing?

Not gonna lie, I get a lot of stuff at reduced price. Usually I would go with the following...

Trainers/shoes: £25 maximum. There's always stuff like Nike and Adidas in the sales, and pretty much anything of those brands can be seen as 'acceptable' to an extent.

Bottoms (Jeans/Trousers): Below £10, branded or not.

Jackets, coats, and jumpers: £25 maximum. Usually branded stuff from the sales as this sort of thing from the likes of Primark aren't often good quality.

T Shirts or other sleeveless items (e.g. Polos, etc): Less than £10, branded or not.

Other sleeved items (sweaters, cardigans, knitted stuff): Around £10.

Undies last ages, but a few pound for them.

What do you all spend per type of clothing?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wiggly
Not gonna lie, I get a lot of stuff at reduced price. Usually I would go with the following...

Trainers/shoes: £25 maximum. There's always stuff like Nike and Adidas in the sales, and pretty much anything of those brands can be seen as 'acceptable' to an extent.

Bottoms (Jeans/Trousers): Below £10, branded or not.

Jackets, coats, and jumpers: £25 maximum. Usually branded stuff from the sales as this sort of thing from the likes of Primark aren't often good quality.

T Shirts or other sleeveless items (e.g. Polos, etc): Less than £10, branded or not.

Other sleeved items (sweaters, cardigans, knitted stuff): Around £10.

Undies last ages, but a few pound for them.

What do you all spend per type of clothing?
Damn, ngl u get ur stuff for real cheap, where do u shop? (like not to offend you :smile:)
Reply 2
Original post by hamza772000
Damn, ngl u get ur stuff for real cheap, where do u shop? (like not to offend you :smile:)

My jackets/jumpers/trainers usually come from online such as Jdsports or Sportsdirect. I usually use these to get more popular brands for the more noticeable outside layers, e.g. getting a £100 jacket reduced to £20.

Branding isn't really too noticeable for other stuff like jeans and t shirts so I often buy them from places like Primark or from the above online websites but from lesser known, cheaper, brand labels.
Original post by Wiggly
My jackets/jumpers/trainers usually come from online such as Jdsports or Sportsdirect. I usually use these to get more popular brands for the more noticeable outside layers, e.g. getting a £100 jacket reduced to £20.

Branding isn't really too noticeable for other stuff like jeans and t shirts so I often buy them from places like Primark or from the above online websites but from lesser known, cheaper, brand labels.
Ah, cool so u mostly buy tops when there's a sale?
Ummmmm I'd rather not say :colondollar: @CheeseIsVeg i feel guilty
Reply 5
jeans - £30-50
shoes £100-200
suits £700+
shirts - £150
etc.
Original post by Napp
jeans - £30-50
shoes £100-200
suits £700+
shirts - £150
etc.
Do you work? :colondollar:
Original post by saraxh
Ummmmm I'd rather not say :colondollar: @CheeseIsVeg i feel guilty
Was that another accidental rep? :colonhash: :tongue:
Reply 8
Do you work? :colondollar:

Indeed, why'd you ask ? :smile:
Was that another accidental rep? :colonhash: :tongue:

Noo I agree with what you said :colonhash:
Original post by Napp
Indeed, why'd you ask ? :smile:
lol, coz I don't work, I'm 16 :tongue: I'd love to have a £700+ pound suit ygm? :tongue:

Original post by saraxh
Noo I agree with what you said :colonhash:
Oh, thanks :biggrin: :tongue:
I look around a lot before I commit to buying anything, eBay, Asos, Boohoo and Amazon have the best cheap clothing I've found. Asos Marketplace is a really good place to find any vintage gems that you might want. You can also buy reworked branded clothing such as Adidas, Nike and Ellesse at a fraction of the original store price.

Crop tops: no more than £5

Jeans: £20 tops. I try to shop around for jeans but it can be difficult (why are they so expensive?). Preferably I'd prefer to spend around £10 but it's not always easy.

Hoodies/jackets: £15-£25

Graphic t-shirts: £10

Shorts: I recently picked up 3 pairs of shorts from British Heart Foundation and it cost me less than £6!

Shoes: My MAJOR downfall. I will pay up to £100 for a pair of shoes.
Reply 12
lol, coz I don't work, I'm 16 :tongue: I'd love to have a £700+ pound suit ygm? :tongue:

Oh, thanks :biggrin: :tongue:

Can always turn to the great bank of Mum & Dad first Trust :tongue: Unless you have some skill at getting your self a five finger discount of course :rolleyes:
Although I must say i'm curious why a 16 year old would want a suit let alone a relatively pricey one, don't y'all just roll in A&F these days or am i behind with the times :tongue:
Original post by Napp
Can always turn to the great bank of Mum & Dad first Trust :tongue: Unless you have some skill at getting your self a five finger discount of course :rolleyes:
Although I must say i'm curious why a 16 year old would want a suit let alone a relatively pricey one, don't y'all just roll in A&F these days or am i behind with the times :tongue:
lol :tongue:

Nah, I obvs won't just wear a suit but it'd be nice to have one of that price, ygm?

WHat do you mean by A&F? :tongue:
Reply 14
lol :tongue:

Nah, I obvs won't just wear a suit but it'd be nice to have one of that price, ygm?

WHat do you mean by A&F? :tongue:

Abercrombie and Fitch ? :P
Indeed, unless the moths get at it... then the rage.
Original post by Napp
Abercrombie and Fitch ? :P
Indeed, unless the moths get at it... then the rage.
lol ok yh :tongue:

Haha, u can just get 'em dry cleaned, right?
Reply 16
lol ok yh :tongue:

Haha, u can just get 'em dry cleaned, right?

Well if you throw it in the washing machine expect to write it off...
But no the moths like to eat the wool leaving it looking like somebody emptied a shotgun into it :frown:
Hoodies - £50
Tracksuit bottoms - £35
Jackets - £80
Jeans - £20-30
Shoes - £70-£105
Tops - £2-10
Hats - £25
Suits - £120

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Napp
Well if you throw it in the washing machine expect to write it off...
But no the moths like to eat the wool leaving it looking like somebody emptied a shotgun into it :frown:
haha :tongue:

Oh damn that would suck! :frown:
Reply 19
haha :tongue:

Oh damn that would suck! :frown:

It happened to a truly resplendent Hugo Boss one about a year ago, the next day I got a campfor box and problem solved :biggrin:

Quick Reply