The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Thrash Barca one day, get rekt by Mainz the next.

Life as a Liverpool fan...
Hardly a surprise, two games in 24 hours is a big ask, Origi in particular looked knackered.
That's actually hilarious.

How can you beat Barca 4-0 and then lose to Mainz 4-0 in the space of 24 hours?

Confirmed Mainz > Barca
There is something really wrong with Liverpool just wow!

Embarrassing is not even a word rn :lol:
Reply 8884
Mainz are the new barca
Original post by trapking
There is something really wrong with Liverpool just wow!

Embarrassing is not even a word rn :lol:

I would say the two results cancel each other out :colondollar:
Was hardly that bad lol, look at the team we played. If we start with our Barca lineup, only 2 of those started against Mainz.
Original post by Samiz
Was hardly that bad lol, look at the team we played. If we start with our Barca lineup, only 2 of those started against Mainz.

Even so, there's little excuse for a 4-0 loss though is there?

Regardless, none of those games were competitive so they mean nothing.

We have a stupidly tough start this season; a win or draw away to Arsenal in the opening game would be brilliant.
Original post by Lúcio

We have a stupidly tough start this season; a win or draw away to Arsenal in the opening game would be brilliant.

If we play like how we did vs Barca we should easily win 2-0 since Arsenal's defence is somewhat makeshift. Having said that, a draw would be a good result considering how poor our results are at the Emirates historically speaking.
Just saw some highlights from the Barca game, Mane really looks like something!

I don't think one should get too euphoric, but the way they played, very nice. Great pressing, great movements and some of the players look very good. Maybe I was wrong, and the squad is good enough for at least top 4 this season.

Only problem is, it's a long season in the PL, 2 cups, 4 more games, in the Bundesliga this kind of pressing was a bit easier on BVB under Klopp. But quite optimistic now :smile:
Original post by Lúcio

It was 24 hours after a previous game after a flight which would have been straight after the game. The players that played were either youth or played in the game against Barca. It's not surprising that the intensity reduces, 4-0 is hardly surprising.

Also, Barca had no intensity in their game so it isn't that surprising Liverpool won, as it was very much akin to the Man City game last year where I felt City lacked that intensity and poor defensively. I think Jam already made that comparison but that's just how it was. Pre-season has these anomolaes really, very little to look at really.
Everton look set to secure a £30m signing of Bolasie, which is absolutely hilarious...

Jokes aside, that leaves me very confident that Palace will fork over the money for Benteke now.
Original post by Lúcio
Everton look set to secure a £30m signing of Bolasie, which is absolutely hilarious...

Jokes aside, that leaves me very confident that Palace will fork over the money for Benteke now.

Bolasie to Everton will be such a good move! Him and Delafeou on the wings will do damage....damn.

Crystal Palace will get relegated so will West Brom.
Bolasie to Everton will be such a good move! Him and Delafeou on the wings will do damage....damn.

Crystal Palace will get relegated so will West Brom.

12 goals in 132 apps for Palace...

I know the market is inflated but when you have Bolasie costing almost the same amount as Kante, you know you've messed up.
Good to see more clubs joining Liverpool in overpaying for players now :P
Original post by samir12
Good to see more clubs joining Liverpool in overpaying for players now :P

I don't think we've done that badly this summer in overpaying compared to other clubs.
Original post by Lúcio

I know the market is inflated but when you have Bolasie costing almost the same amount as Kante, you know you've messed up.

Doesn't matter, you should know by now that prices in today's football market do not really indicate a players quality so that point is obselete. At Palace he had a **** team that couldn't provide decent passes to him...at Everton he will have much better service and do more damage. Wait and see :tongue:
Original post by Lúcio

Yes Bolasie is a striker

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by difeo
Yes Bolasie is a striker

Posted from TSR Mobile

Isn't he more of a winger?

Point still stands!!
Doesn't matter, you should know by now that prices in today's football market do not really indicate a players quality so that point is obselete. At Palace he had a **** team that couldn't provide decent passes to him...at Everton he will have much better service and do more damage. Wait and see :tongue:

Well yeah, actual transfer value isn't always representative, but it "generally" is.

Kante is fast becoming a world class midfielder - is Bolasie anything near a world class attacker?

Latest