The Student Room Group

GCSE

Hello if I got an E for coursework what should I have got in the exam to at least get a C? The coursework is worth 25% and the subject is statistics, can anyone help me with this
What exam board is it for? I'll work it out for you! :smile:
Reply 2
You'll need an A (I think)
If it's for Edexcel, I just calculated and you'd need approx. 100 UMS, which last year was 41/100, which was a C.
Reply 4
Original post by _gcx
What exam board is it for? I'll work it out for you! :smile:

Edexcel is the exam board
Reply 5
Original post by _gcx
If it's for Edexcel, I just calculated and you'd need approx. 100 UMS, which last year was 41/100, which was a C.

So I would need a high C on the exam
Original post by Hmz1999
Edexcel is the exam board

Then my previous statement applies! :smile:

I just calculated and you'd need approx. 100 UMS, which last year was 41/100, which was a C
Reply 7
Original post by jamestg
You'll need an A (I think)
but it's 25% if it was more then 25% I would understand
Original post by Hmz1999
So I would need a high C on the exam

Yes.
Reply 9
Original post by _gcx
Then my previous statement applies! :smile:

So ok thanks so to get a B I would need a high B am I right? If I sound stupid , I'm sorry.
Original post by Hmz1999
So ok thanks so to get a B I would need a high B am I right? If I sound stupid , I'm sorry.

You would need pretty much bang on an A.
Reply 11
Original post by _gcx
You would need pretty much bang on an A.
alright thanks for helping me. I was just so rubbish on the coursework, hopefully I achieve the C overall for it.
Original post by Hmz1999

Yes. If you want to secure a C, you'll need at least a low B for the other 75%. To get a B, a mid A is needed. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by honour
Yes. If you want to secure a C, you'll need a high B or low A for the other 75%. :smile:

Thanks for helping me.

Quick Reply

Latest