The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Naveed Rahman
UCAS will only tell you if you've been accepted or rejected by your firm and insurance. You have to get results from your school, either on their website or on paper when you go to school.

ok thank u , do u know wat time ucas will put that info up?
Original post by Algeriandz
ok thank u , do u know wat time ucas will put that info up?

They say around 8am on the 18th of August, but don't keep refreshing the page as it will automatically update, otherwise it'll slow the system and prevent everyone from seeing the big news! :smile: Good luck!
Original post by smegsxo
The worst thing for me is the knowledge that I always could have worked harder, so if I don't get my grades I have no one to blame but myself :frown:

Don't be so hard on yourself! Tbh we all could have worked harder, just hope and pray that what you get takes you to place where you were destined to be!
Hope you all do well. And get the grades and places you need. Bye.
Regards Troll
Reply 3184
A2 Student taking Chemistry, Maths and Drama and Theatre Studies hoping to get into Liverpool or Loughborough to study Chemistry :smile:

My AS grades were BCC (but I resat some exams this year to bring those up) and for my firm (Liverpool) I need to achieve ABB but i personally predict I will achieve ABC (the C in Drama).

My exams went terribly, especially as one of my hardest exams was well received by literally everyone else, which means my grade will be awful for that exam.

I'm feeling both excited and nervous for results day and I just want it to happen already!!
Original post by smegsxo
My school haven't even told us! But we're assuming 9am as that was A2 last year and AS is at 10

URGH! I know the pain. ; - ; I wouldn't have known if my entire biology class hadn't hounded the staff to double check. Good thing we did before summer we were told 7.30 at our western campus. Now it's 9.30 at our eastern campus (which is currently a building site…).

Original post by milliethemoo
Ours are posted online at 6 :u:

:unimpressed: :unimpressed:

I'd ask them to email me them but knowing my college's track record I wouldn't receive them until 2018 :lol:
Hahahaha 😂😅😂😅😂😅😂😅😂
A troll trying to be nice😂......................blobby1234x
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by KBSc
A2 Student taking Chemistry, Maths and Drama and Theatre Studies hoping to get into Liverpool or Loughborough to study Chemistry :smile:

My AS grades were BCC (but I resat some exams this year to bring those up) and for my firm (Liverpool) I need to achieve ABB but i personally predict I will achieve ABC (the C in Drama).

My exams went terribly, especially as one of my hardest exams was well received by literally everyone else, which means my grade will be awful for that exam.

I'm feeling both excited and nervous for results day and I just want it to happen already!!

Liverpool is my firm too mate, good luck on results day
Reply 3188
Original post by Altun63

Thank you! You too :biggrin:
Original post by 420memeception69
Same, well I did all I could in the exams but away chemistry unit 4 was a nightmare for everyone and physics b unit 5 was savage, maths was ok tbf, i need 3As, didn't need to resit anything from Last year, offer from UCL , idk wtf I'll do if I don't make it :'(

aqa chem unit 4?
Original post by Altun63

Mine too! Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
grade boundaries for aqa physics unit 4/5?
Original post by xxvine
No probs
Your teacher sounds awful
Post modernism was such a boring and dull 33 marker
Tbh I used much of my knowledge from AS....like the family and just tried to use common sense. But my 21 markers were awful to say the least
ScLY3 well...everybody seemed to find it easy...but knowing me lol won't be surprised if I didn't do that well......

Is TSR representative of the whole situation though? Here lots of people say SCLY4 was bad but for instance in my exam room nearly everyone was smiling in the exam room and cheered for the easy topics afterwards.

It could be just our teacher though, she's pretty f'in cool.
Original post by dingdon
grade boundaries for aqa physics unit 4/5?

Unit 4 A* 58, CAP 65
Unit 5(Astro) A* 59, CAP 66
Original post by dilushlol
Tell me about it! I have to suffer with the pain of knowing that I could have done so well in that maths paper but at the time I was so confused and nervous! Hopefully we all get the grades we want.

awh you poor thing, I know maths is the hardest thing to predict grade-wise! I'm sure you'll have done fab though. If we don't, at least we can say we did try; even the effort of trying is hard:lol::redface:
Original post by DesignPredator
Unit 4 A* 58, CAP 65
Unit 5(Astro) A* 59, CAP 66

hmm they seem alright. unit 4 was generally harder than usual didnt u think?
Original post by pecora
Is TSR representative of the whole situation though? Here lots of people say SCLY4 was bad but for instance in my exam room nearly everyone was smiling in the exam room and cheered for the easy topics afterwards.

It could be just our teacher though, she's pretty f'in cool.

I didn't find SCLY4 too bad, in fact I was glad state crime and crime prevention came up because the topics were predicted for ages on the sociology thread anyway. (I mean I'm saying it was good now but I hope I get a decent mark :laugh:)
A question for those of you who sat edexcel unit 4 econ. On q.4c on why the cedi has depreciated against the dollar, is it valid to say that slower econ growth in Ghana (point 1) and IMF tied restrictions from its bailout lowering future growth prospects and thus fdi (point 2) fine as 2 separate, valid points? The second point isn't on the mark scheme so am unsure if I'll get capped for 1 valid point.
Original post by dingdon
hmm they seem alright. unit 4 was generally harder than usual didnt u think?

I thought multi choice was hard with very few rebanked questions - I suspect mean facility will be one or two marks lower and point biserial index lower also.
I felt the main paper was quite good though, but misread the question and got 200s for the time constant :frown: - ah well, might get 1/3 for correct use of logs.

I agree on 65/75 for the PHYA4 UMS cap.

I think PHYA5 boundaries with astro will be a little lower than 66 however, max 65, possibly even 63-64. The main paper was fairly easy for me and I think I dropped around 3, although quite wordy, which will lower boundaries. Astro was a bit harder and I dropped around 7, but a nice six-marker! However, I couldn't do the mathsy three marker at the end using ISL for some strange reason and I got the brightest star wrong, so that's 6 marks gone and then probably one on the six marker.
(edited 7 years ago)
Anyone get their results emailed to them? I get my results emailed to me at 6am which is brutal, I'd rather go into school tbh... :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest