The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zoex101
Most people found f215 easy though, what did you think of it?

nah, not easy, it was relatively straightforward apart from a few questions. I was quite happy at first but I'm having second thoughts...
Original post by Abstract_Prism
Whoa whoa whoa, it's not 7 days to go yet.

You're a bit too eager OP.

43 minutes too early :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
This may be a weird one but has anyone not told anyone (friends, family etc) about their offer at all?? I haven't and I'm not feeling like it's stupid to tell them now incase I miss it but don't wanna just be like on results day oh hey I'm going here to study this last minute....ugh
Original post by Ayman!
With those raw marks you probably got 80 in C3, 82 in C4 and you'd need 47 in S2 and 48/75 should be enough to get that. I think you've gotten your 209 UMS

Thanks for the reassurance man; it really does mean a lot - I hope you get the grades you want!
Original post by kingofacademics
This may be a weird one but has anyone not told anyone (friends, family etc) about their offer at all?? I haven't and I'm not feeling like it's stupid to tell them now incase I miss it but don't wanna just be like on results day oh hey I'm going here to study this last minute....ugh

What's your offer?
Edexcel further maths

Aiming for A*

Got 90UMS in D2 last year

I think i got 66-68/75 in FP2
Almost certain I got 72/75 in FP3

(forget M2, I only got like 63/75)

Hope the FP2 A* edexcel grade boundary is low...

So worried :frown:
Original post by Gradtocket46
Because Edexcel C4 was stupidly easy so 65 will be an A; C3 was fairly standard so 62 for an A and S2 was fairly difficult but loads found it easy: im praying 48 is at least 60
UMS :/

Very very borderline.

so say you got 84 in C4, 76 in C3 and 60 in S2 - that's still 220 which is 11 more than you need. not at all borderline; i don't think you have anything to worry about.
Original post by kelvin1338
Edexcel further maths

Aiming for A*

Got 90UMS in D2 last year

I think i got 66-68/75 in FP2
Almost certain I got 72/75 in FP3

(forget M2, I only got like 63/75)

Hope the FP2 A* edexcel grade boundary is low...

So worried :frown:

I think i got 71 im s3 and fp3 ( but bounderies will be high) and fp2 67. Got 98 lastvyear in s2 so hopeful of an a*
I think you have done enought for an a* certainly
Fp2 youll get 93 ums and fp2 youll get 88-92 ums i think
Original post by kingofacademics

I was so so so excited when I got my firm offer that I told everyone and now I'm not going to get in...now that's embarrassing. If your family are supportive then you might consider telling them but it's totally up to you who you decide to tell and when!
Original post by tanyapotter
so say you got 84 in C4, 76 in C3 and 60 in S2 - that's still 220 which is 11 more than you need. not at all borderline; i don't think you have anything to worry about.

That makes me feel so much better man! Cheers! I guess i never looked at it like that :smile:
No no no :ahhhhh:it's not 7 days already. Does anyone know how to stop time??
i have a habit of always needing something to worry about. when my exams were going on, i was looking forward to when they finish and for my summer to begin. when my summer began, i told myself i'll only really start celebrating after results day if i get into my firm. but now, if i get into my firm, i'll probably start worrying about university workload and just look forward to next summer all over again instead of enjoying whatever is left of this summer. why can't i just live in the moment?
i have a habit of always needing something to worry about. when my exams were going on, i was looking forward to when they finish and for my summer to begin. when my summer began, i told myself i'll only really start celebrating after results day if i get into my firm. but now, if i get into my firm, i'll probably start worrying about university workload and just look forward to next summer all over again instead of enjoying whatever is left of this summer. why can't i just live in the moment?

image.jpeg
Why are some people's offers being confirmed already??
Original post by dingdon
hmm they seem alright. unit 4 was generally harder than usual didnt u think?

I usually overestimate boundaries in Physics for some reason, last year I thought unit 2 would be 68/70 for the UMS cap, turns out it was really low.
In 7 days time I will be absolutely f**king bricking it...
I'm so scared of getting a B in Math

I did okay in C3, flunked D1 thinking I don't need to do well in it bc of C3 and C4, then messed up C4

Just my luck lol

I'm exactly the same! My parents say I'm not truly happy unless I have something to worry about
Original post by Serine Soul

I did okay in C3, flunked D1 thinking I don't need to do well in it bc of C3 and C4, then messed up C4

Just my luck lol

this literally happened with me and D2 :frown:
Original post by Serine Soul

Just my luck lol

With your AS UMS? No way!

Quick Reply

Latest