The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Being single sucks. Not having that special someone sucks. Not having sex on tap sucks. Boo hiss
Original post by pointblank91
Being single sucks. Not having that special someone sucks. Not having sex on tap sucks. Boo hiss

I agree but there are good things about being single too.
Original post by Thequiteguy
:colondollar:

Hullo
Original post by RickmanAlways
I agree but there are good things about being single too.
I agree but the pros and cons of a relationship massively outweigh the pros and cons of being single, imo anyway. The only pros of single life I've gained are having a lot more money and not having to put up with her whinging, whinning and general shite. Almost forgot about sleeping with other people but relationship sex with someone you love and its on tap is still better. I suppose its different for everyone though.

Living with your bestfriend who you love and get to sleep with. Damn I miss it and really look forward to finding it again.
Original post by pointblank91
I agree but the pros and cons of a relationship massively outweigh the pros and cons of being single, imo anyway. The only pros of single life I've gained are having a lot more money and not having to put up with her whinging, whinning and general shite. Almost forgot about sleeping with other people but relationship sex with someone you love and its on tap is still better. I suppose its different for everyone though.

Living with your bestfriend who you love and get to sleep with. Damn I miss it and really look forward to finding it again.

Yeah you win. XD the whole sexc thing i definitely a pro that out weighs any of my arguments.
Please excuse my spelling im tired and its only 14:41!
Hey im sexy and i know it!
All the single ladies all the single ladies
image.jpeg

:lol:
Ah yes that makes sense...so the photo is great at the beginning :smile: That's cool, detail is very important :cool:
What camera do you have?
8 months
m8 i was born single and im gonna die single :moon:

Spoiler

Original post by SassQueen13
Ah yes that makes sense...so the photo is great at the beginning :smile: That's cool, detail is very important :cool:
What camera do you have?

My mobile. :tongue: Nexus 6. I would like to get a camera though.
Does anyone else not think it's awesome being single? I have been so for a couple of years now and I loooove it.

Anyway, hi! Not surprised to see this thread is a cockfest!
Original post by Momma's Kumquat
Does anyone else not think it's awesome being single? I have been so for a couple of years now and I loooove it.

Anyway, hi! Not surprised to see this thread is a cockfest!

Definitely not a cockfest - #girlpower!
Maybe I'm just dysfunctional. I've been in two relationships for a couple of years each, and while I do like some of the little things like sitting in on Saturday nights, I always feel claustrophobic. Weighing the pros and cons, I feel like the pros of being free outweigh the cons.

The way I am now, I have booked Ibiza next month, gonna go to Australia for a month later on in the year. I love exploring. There's so much to see and do. I don't have the space for a girlfriend and I doubt that I will. One of my close friends got married precisely one week ago, and another had a baby. All great events but just not for me.

Sorry, that was a bit of a ramble!
Original post by sleepinglions
Definitely not a cockfest - #girlpower!

Ahh fair enough, didn't see you there :smile:
Hullo

Hi
Ugh, yeah I have to say it irks me when almost everyone around me, including my own family, thinks that I'm lonely because I'm alone. My brother has been with his gf for about 5 years now, and at every family event people seem puzzled by my lack of enthusiasm for getting a girlfriend and cohabitating, getting married and or having kids.

I'd certainly say I haven't met anybody that I'd change my current status for, and I'm in no hurry. I guess I'm kinda lucky, as a bloke, that I have this luxury. I could start a family in 15+ years' time and it wouldn't be much of an issue. For a lot of girls around my age (27), they feel like their time is running out, which is kinda true given fertility.

On your last point, it's not so stressful but if there's one thing I have learned for next time, it's that you have to set your principles/ boundaries/ potential friction points early on in a relationship and stick by them. If certain things bother you about someone and vice versa, you have to nip it in the bud.

Example, a friend of mine said he was quitting smoking. Met a girl who hated smoking, and she said "it's me or the f@gs" (warning sign, really, but I digress). He relented, and quit for about a month. Hid it from her for the next two years. So much hassle and numerous white lies for what?

One thing that I will certainly do, should I embark upon another serious relationship, is downplay my feelings for previous girlfriends. I find that if a girl gets the impression you had something special with someone other than her, it will start a cycle of jealousy that will never go away, even if, in my mind, the past is the past.

Still, I'll say to those single pringles looking for love: good luck on your journey. But please, make sure you appreciate and love yourself and your own company before your find someone. I'm no expert by any means, but I see so many people out there who make the mistake of getting to relationships before they've sorted their own heads / lives out.

IMO you should be able to feel a strong sense of contentment / happiness whether you have a partner or not. I have a couple of close friends who're particularly unhappy right now, whose getting into a relationship in an attempt to cover the general insecurities has only exacerbated them and caused toxicity.

Wow, this thread brings out my inner chatterbox. Sorry if anyone feels like I'm chatting too much. Few of those around me are on my wavelength, so it's nice to find this thread!
(edited 7 years ago)
I am coming up to my 30th birthday and have been single for two months now, pitying eyes can swivel my way.
:biggrin:
wow, so deep!
Lol at least u've ever had a relationship, shall I just say, I'm not one with these things :erm:
:tongue:
:rofl:

Spoiler

:five: lol #CanRel8
:rofl: i hope u do (cos i don't attract any people apart from flies cos i smell at college :erm:):lol: i have tsr umm and umm email........ (yh gonna get those bois with my sassy email address :rofl:):rofl: I have deezer so touche Monsieur!
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
:five: lol #CanRel8
:rofl: i hope u do (cos i don't attract any people apart from flies cos i smell at college :erm:):lol: i have tsr umm and umm email........ (yh gonna get those bois with my sassy email address :rofl:):rofl: I have deezer so touche Monsieur!

I don't know why, but I found this funny. :lol:

Latest