The Student Room Group

Official 2016 IGCSE Results Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by She-Ra
Fantastic! Congratulations! What are your plans for September? :h:

I'm going into the IB DP with maths chemistry biology and German B as my HLs. Hoping to apply for medicine at Oxoford and UCL in the future. Hopefully i won't be looked down upon for my Bs.
Reply 41
Original post by amelialv
I want to know the same actually, it says provisional results

Both results online and results on paper are provisional UNTIL certification. Hope this helps and good luck/well done!
Reply 42
Original post by Mac117
Thank you so much!

I ended up with 7A*s 1A and 2Bs. One of the top in my school's history so I'm more than happy now that I think of it. Remarking that one B as its 1% off an A (add maths!).

Hi! You said that you got 1% off an A for AddMaths - what is the percentage boundary for an A in that case? I'm in a similar situation :smile: Thanks!
Original post by Român
Hi! You said that you got 1% off an A for AddMaths - what is the percentage boundary for an A in that case? I'm in a similar situation :smile: Thanks!

It's not the percentage, but you have to be in the 80th percentile of all students in order to get an A. I'm in the 79th percentile, and I don't know exactly how many marks off of an A I am :/ It can be 1 but it can be 5..
Reply 44
Original post by Mac117
It's not the percentage, but you have to be in the 80th percentile of all students in order to get an A. I'm in the 79th percentile, and I don't know exactly how many marks off of an A I am :/ It can be 1 but it can be 5..

So are you saying the boundary is 80%?
Reply 45
Original post by ad4m
Both results online and results on paper are provisional UNTIL certification. Hope this helps and good luck/well done!

Sorry to be a bother, but do you know under which circumstances the results may change?
Reply 46
Original post by Mac117

Hey, where do you check the your percentile? I also did ad maths and got an A. Just curious, if you dont mind, what percentage did you score?
Reply 47
Got my results a few hours ago and absolutely freaked out!!
I got:
A* Biology
A* English First Lang
A* Sociology
A Chemistry
A History
A Drama
B Chemistry
B English Literature
B ICT
C Maths (extended)

I'm so happy guys you have no idea!!
You can watch me reacting to them live here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_zkJs3uEw0
(edited 7 years ago)
Oh my I am anxious. School hasn't called me up yet and I don't have any login details. Congratulations to all that got what they wanted. :smile:
Original post by Etank
Hey, where do you check the your percentile? I also did ad maths and got an A. Just curious, if you dont mind, what percentage did you score?

It's the number next to your grade. 80+ is an A, 90+ is an A*. It does not mean that you got 90% id you're in the 90th percentile. You will never really find out how well you did, just how you compare to the rest of the world
You guys know the GT for FLE?
Original post by Fynn_99
I got:
A* Biology
A* English First Lang
A* Sociology
A Chemistry
A History
A Drama
B Chemistry
B English Literature
B ICT
C Maths (extended)

Congrats!!! You should be proud :smile: Did you also find the marking for English lit rather harsh? I got an A despite rarely dropping down from an A*. Some of my friends went from a predicted A* to a D or so.
Reply 52
Original post by Mac117
It's the number next to your grade. 80+ is an A, 90+ is an A*. It does not mean that you got 90% id you're in the 90th percentile. You will never really find out how well you did, just how you compare to the rest of the world

How much do they usually give out in terms of percentile? Like 1-2%?
Original post by Român
So are you saying the boundary is 80%?

Not necessarily. You have to be better than the 80% of people who took the exam to get an A. To know the actual boundary you have to wait for the grade thresholds
Original post by Român
How much do they usually give out in terms of percentile? Like 1-2%?

What do you mean by "give out"? :P
Reply 55
Original post by Mac117
What do you mean by "give out"? :P

Hahaha sorry I mean like how much can they raise your percentile points by when you remark?
Reply 56
Original post by Mac117
Congrats!!! You should be proud :smile: Did you also find the marking for English lit rather harsh? I got an A despite rarely dropping down from an A*. Some of my friends went from a predicted A* to a D or so.

honestly I was quite surprised as I got a D in my mocks for English Lit!!
Original post by Fynn_99
I got:
A* Biology
A* English First Lang
A* Sociology
A Chemistry
A History
A Drama
B Chemistry
B English Literature
B ICT
C Maths (extended)

Did you do 0522 English language?
Reply 58
Original post by tgys44
Sorry to be a bother, but do you know under which circumstances the results may change?

I don't really know. I think it's either personal as in remarked or if your school or the government submit an enquiry about the results issued. For example, if your school appeal coursework moderation.
Original post by Român
Hahaha sorry I mean like how much can they raise your percentile points by when you remark?

It can vary from subject to subject. It can even stay the same. My friend once went from 89 to 93 but that's the highest jump I've heard of.

Quick Reply

Latest