The Student Room Group

Is it worth appealing?

Hi all,

I just seen my results on the myresults.cie.org.uk and I found it really atrocious. I got all U on math, physics and chem AS and A Level and a D on general paper AS Level..

I can't accept such results since I worked really hard and are able to answer the questions on the question paper and I'm sure that the scores were wrong and not appropriate for me and I didn't walked out nor withdrawn from the exam. WHAT THE HELL..

Is it worth appealing? Is there any chance that it was an error (e.g: the examiner typed the numbers wrongly; the script were swapped with the other guy's script; my script went gone during expedition) and it would be re marked to a better and appropriate score? And also, will I get my own answers and full copy of the script of what I did on the exam so that I could evaluate it all over? Will they give the numbers to me if I really get U?

This is really shocking for me.
(edited 7 years ago)
Well you can appeal and you can request a copy of your script (I think) but will have to pay for it. If you request the original you cannot have it remarked.
I'd suggest appealing - I highly doubt you'd have taken science subjects and gotten grades that low.
Original post by AppealingGuy
Hi all,

I just seen my results on the myresults.cie.org.uk and I found it really atrocious. I got all U on math, physics and chem AS and A Level and a D on general paper AS Level..

I can't accept such results since I worked really hard and are able to answer the questions on the question paper and I'm sure that the scores were wrong and not appropriate for me and I didn't walked out nor withdrawn from the exam. WHAT THE HELL..

Is it worth appealing? Is there any chance that it was an error (e.g: the examiner typed the numbers wrongly; the script were swapped with the other guy's script; my script went gone during expedition) and it would be re marked to a better and appropriate score? And also, will I get my own answers and full copy of the script of what I did on the exam so that I could evaluate it all over? Will they give the numbers to me if I really get U?

This is really shocking for me.

The post results options are described here
http://www.cie.org.uk/images/174737-enquiry-about-results-international-guide-june-2016-document.pdf

I would speak to your exams office as soon as possible to discuss what to do. There could be a problem with how your results have been entered into the online results service but that's the only thing I can imagine that explains the difference between how you think you did and the the results you have received.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gdunne42
The post results options are described here
http://www.cie.org.uk/images/174737-enquiry-about-results-international-guide-june-2016-document.pdf

I would speak to your exams office as soon as possible to discuss what to do. There could be a problem with how your results have been entered into the online results service but that's the only thing I can imagine that explains the difference between how you think you did and the the results you have received.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you work for CIE?
If you do so, please PM me your email and I'd like to get in touch with you through email.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by AppealingGuy
Do you work for CIE?

No
I teach GCSE and A level maths and work closely with our exams office to sort out exam entries and results problems.
You need to work with your exams office as they are the only people who can contact CIE on your behalf.
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by gdunne42
No
I teach GCSE and A level maths and work closely with our exams office to sort out exam entries and results problems.
You need to work with your exams office as they are the only people who can contact CIE on your behalf.
Posted from TSR Mobile

ooh. I thought you work for CIE..

To be honest, I worked long hours to prepare for the exam and I revised a lot for it, so it is very unlikely to get an U. The story would be inherently different if I didn't prepare, revise and study hard enough to do it..

What the hell..

Quick Reply

Latest