The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

UPDATE: 7A*s 1A 2Bs ( :frown: )

Happy but kinda sad. One B is 1% off an A so I'm remarking it, or retaking the exam. The other B is ok, I don't mind. Missing the 80% A* ration for Oxford though :/
Original post by Mac117

Happy but kinda sad. One B is 1% off an A so I'm remarking it, or retaking the exam. The other B is ok, I don't mind. Missing the 80% A* ration for Oxford though :/

guessing you did iGCSE?
congrats tho, they're still really good results so you should be proud of them :smile: what are you doing next year?
Original post by Vanilla Cupcake
guessing you did iGCSE?
congrats tho, they're still really good results so you should be proud of them :smile: what are you doing next year?

Thank you. And yes I did do IGCSE. I was expecting 4A*s 4As 2Bs in my most possible scenario so it's better than I thought.
I'm doing IB with Maths chemistry Bio and German as my HLs :smile:
Original post by octoberrain
Getting CIE results on the 11th (Sciences and History) ...

What I'm expecting:
History: A/A*
Biology: A/A*
Chemistry: A*
Physics: A

French: A*
Spanish: A*
English Lang: A/B - that's the one I'm most scared about
English Lit: A/A*

I already have A*s in Maths and German.

I'm scared and curious at the same time, I neeeeedddd to find outtt

A* for the first four!!!!!!!

And now we wait for the rest on the 25th..
A* for the first four!!!!!!!

And now we wait for the rest on the 25th..

Amazing!! Good luck to you :smile:
Original post by Mac117

WOW well !! Still very good x
Original post by Mac117

Amazing!! You should be so proud of yourself :h: Isn't the 80% thing just an average, because if so, that means people would have got less than 80% too :smile:
Original post by Mac117
Amazing!! Good luck to you :smile:

Thank you :biggrin:

Does anyone know where to find the CIE grade threshold tables for this year?
Thank you :biggrin:

Does anyone know where to find the CIE grade threshold tables for this year?

They're popping up here, there and everywhere! I'm currently searching so I can make them available for TSR, hopefully someone posts the papers, mark schemes and grade boundaries for all IGCSE subjects soon. All I can find at the minute is A-level and O-level.
Original post by Mac117

Congratulations on your amazing results! Don't feel as though you won't make it into oxford because you didn't reach an average, there is so much variation and you could still stand an awesome chance! Lots of people on TSR are keen to guide you along every step of your application and support you, don't give up on your dream just yet!
Original post by surina16
Amazing!! You should be so proud of yourself :h: Isn't the 80% thing just an average, because if so, that means people would have got less than 80% too :smile:

That is true! :h: I hope to at least try and apply there since it is kinda the dream. Thank you so much for the kind words, I'm trying to give myself some credit but it's a bit hard as of now haha
Am I the only one wishing I just knew my grades now?

I'd rather know what I'm dealing with next year and be able to decide if I'm good enough for my A levels early in August rather than the last Thursday of August. Because then you've only got less than 2 weeks to make some big decisions if you need to. A level students have 4 weeks (because university starts generally later). Also, in A level, your university you've applied for knows your results before you do.
Original post by Mlb37
Yeah true, I might just hide in the toilet for a while ha ha. Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

Loool, good luck to you too
Original post by Mac117

Congratulations on your results! That's amazing :congrats::u:
As for Oxford, there are many other factors that they consider when accepting candidates so don't worry too much
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ExoIceCream99
Am I the only one wishing I just knew my grades now?

I'd rather know what I'm dealing with next year and be able to decide if I'm good enough for my A levels early in August rather than the last Thursday of August. Because then you've only got less than 2 weeks to make some big decisions if you need to. A level students have 4 weeks (because university starts generally later). Also, in A level, your university you've applied for knows your results before you do.

I wanted to know since forever but GCSE students have to wait the longest :frown:
It's probably because we take more exams and more people do GCSEs than A Levels. I'm sure you'll be fine though
Original post by extraordinaire
Congratulations on your results! That's amazing :congrats::u:
As for Oxford, there are many other factors that they consider when accepting candidates so don't worry too much

Thank you! I thought I'd get a maximum of 4A*s at first so getting almost the double of that feels great :biggrin: Good luck to you in two weeks!
Original post by Mac117

You did amazing, congrats!! Don't worry you could still get into oxford, they don't just look at grades.
Original post by Mac117
Thank you! I thought I'd get a maximum of 4A*s at first so getting almost the double of that feels great :biggrin: Good luck to you in two weeks!

thanks
Original post by AceOfSpade
You did amazing, congrats!! Don't worry you could still get into oxford, they don't just look at grades.

Thank you :smile: I hope they like my personality and energy to work! :biggrin:
13 days for grade boundaries release
14 days for results (only 2 weeks to go) :colonhash:

Latest