The Student Room Group

Post Your Favourite Inspirational Quotes :)

Scroll to see replies

I'll stop there or i will be invading tgis thread :mmm:
Original post by F.Nietzsche
“The truly creative mind in any field is no more than this: A human creature born abnormally, inhumanly sensitive. To him... a touch is a blow, a sound is a noise, a misfortune is a tragedy, a joy is an ecstasy, a friend is a lover, a lover is a god, and failure is death. Add to this cruelly delicate organism the overpowering necessity to create, create, create -- so that without the creating of music or poetry or books or buildings or something of meaning, his very breath is cut off from him. He must create, must pour out creation. By some strange, unknown, inward urgency he is not really alive unless he is creating.”

Pearl S. Buck

Beautiful. a long winded but more fitting explanation to "I think therefor i am"
After I almost drowned, I decided I would never again be weaker than water, so I became a lifeguard. On my first day of training, my instructor told me that there are going to be times when you'll see someone in trouble. You're going to want to rush in there and do whatever you can to save them, but you have to stop yourself. Because there are some people you can't save. Cause those people will thrash and struggle, and try to take you down with them.

Very good life advice. and inspirational to me.
Think I've posted that before but I really like it because it runs my life :h:

If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward. ~ Martin Luther King Jr
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
Think I've posted that before but I really like it because it runs my life :h:

If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward. ~ Martin Luther King Jr

Ooooh i saw that multiple times :ahee: i loooves it :awesome::awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
"The future lies before you, like a field of fallen snow; be careful how you tread it, for every step will show."
Original post by mediaya
Ooooh i saw that multiple times :ahee: i loooves it :awesome::awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

IKR ! It's amazing :love: :love:
If you can't get what you want you end up doing something else, just to get some relief. Just to keep from going crazy. Because when you're sad enough, you look for ways to fill you up. " ~ Laura Pritchett

I was falling. Falling through time and space and stars and sky and everything in between. I fell for days and weeks and what felt like lifetime across lifetimes. I fell until I forgot I was falling. " ~ Jess Rothenberg

I did not think I'd find quotes I can relate to that much :h:
Fantastic quote @98Lauren98! :yy:
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
" I believe success is achieved by ordinary people with extraordinary determination " [scrollr] [/scrollr]
Amazing, I definitely agree with this Licorne. Your latests quotes are amazing too, especially the last one :biggrin: @F.Nietzsche I like that quote - it really does get you thinking :yep: @Multialented Me This is very inspirational - thanks for posting that :wink: @mediaya Great choices of quotes there! :top: @AperfectBalance Indeed, that is very good life advice! I'm glad that was inspirational to you :smile: @Lularose83 That's a lovely quote, do you know where it's from? :smile:
don't watch the clock, do what it does. keep going
Original post by Matrix123
Fantastic quote @98Lauren98! :yy: Amazing, I definitely agree with this Licorne. Your latests quotes are amazing too, especially the last one :biggrin: @F.Nietzsche I like that quote - it really does get you thinking :yep: @Multialented Me This is very inspirational - thanks for posting that :wink: @mediaya Great choices of quotes there! :top: @AperfectBalance Indeed, that is very good life advice! I'm glad that was inspirational to you :smile: @Lularose83 That's a lovely quote, do you know where it's from? :smile:

thanks matrix!
i read ur as well! they are great :ahee:
Original post by mediaya
thanks matrix!
i read ur as well! they are great :ahee:

No worries :wink:
Thanks! :h:
If I knew my results back then I might have studied harder or jumped on cliff.
True story ~
Original post by The Joker ~
If I knew my results back then I might have studied harder or jumped on cliff.
True story ~

Oh wow :eek:
Original post by Matrix123
Fantastic quote @98Lauren98! :yy: Amazing, I definitely agree with this Licorne. Your latests quotes are amazing too, especially the last one :biggrin: @F.Nietzsche I like that quote - it really does get you thinking :yep: @Multialented Me This is very inspirational - thanks for posting that :wink: @mediaya Great choices of quotes there! :top: @AperfectBalance Indeed, that is very good life advice! I'm glad that was inspirational to you :smile: @Lularose83 That's a lovely quote, do you know where it's from? :smile:

Thank you!! :biggrin: I have a bit of a thing for 2009 Jason Dolley haha ! x
'Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated.'

Originally by Mark Twain after a newspaper accidentally wrote an obtiuary about him.
(edited 7 years ago)
The clock is ticking, are you becoming the person you wanna be?

Quick Reply

Latest