The Student Room Group

CIE A-Levels

Scroll to see replies

Original post by StrawbAri
Won't get to see my results till evening :frown:

When are the GTs released? And if they have been can someone link me to them? :smile:

http://papers.gceguide.com/A%20Levels/
Last time I checked, GT were only for some subjects.
Hey, are you guys going to contact the university you've firmed about your results or just wait until the 18th for an update on UCAS? :smile:
Original post by heyitsjess
Hey, are you guys going to contact the university you've firmed about your results or just wait until the 18th for an update on UCAS? :smile:

You can contact the uni and they give you your results before the 18th?
Original post by tuckerthetatman

I think you wait? Eh, not sure.
Original post by tuckerthetatman

I've got my results already through CIE not the uni. I was referring to our application status.
Original post by heyitsjess
I've got my results already through CIE not the uni. I was referring to our application status.

Ahh... Alright.
Reply 46
Hey, I got all my results today through CIE, I called up the uni this morning and they're fine with it and I got accepted! The head of admissions wasn't in this morning but the woman said she'd passed on my details to the admissions and confirm my offer either this evening or tomorrow morning. If you have all your results, just call the admissions team in your uni and they should be able to tell you if you're in or not!
Original post by caii97
Hey, I got all my results today through CIE, I called up the uni this morning and they're fine with it and I got accepted! The head of admissions wasn't in this morning but the woman said she'd passed on my details to the admissions and confirm my offer either this evening or tomorrow morning. If you have all your results, just call the admissions team in your uni and they should be able to tell you if you're in or not!

can I know what uni you applied to, please?
Reply 48
Original post by HipsterDalek
can I know what uni you applied to, please?

to nottingham trent university
Original post by adriansjahid
Anyone know when Track will update??

Original post by OmarAli_O98
Did your Track update?

Original post by adriansjahid
My track hasn't updated yet. I'm guessing it'll only do so on the 18th when the other exam boards release their results?

Track wont update - universities wont receive CIE grades until tomorrow morning (so unless your universities are very quick they wont update before Track goes into lock down until the 18th).

IF you want Track to update sooner then phoning up and emailing through a scan of your results slip might get your place confirmed by tomorrow.
Original post by caii97
to nottingham trent university

REALLY?! I applied there too! :biggrin: In fact, I just called them to ask em for confirmation like you did and I was told that that they havent received my results yet :/
Reply 51
REALLY?! I applied there too! :biggrin: In fact, I just called them to ask em for confirmation like you did and I was told that that they havent received my results yet :/

WHAT!!! that's crazy!!! :') I phoned them up, told them the situation that CIE release results early and then gave my results over the phone! Is that what you did? That should work!
Original post by caii97
WHAT!!! that's crazy!!! :':wink: I phoned them up, told them the situation that CIE release results early and then gave my results over the phone! Is that what you did? That should work!

woaaahhhhh. I mentioned getting my result earlier than the usual 18th August but the woman urged that they haven't received it yet and even if they did they cant give their decision over the phone and that I would only see a change on track! She did suggest that if I get an official school letter listing my grades and uploaded them online THEN they may respond back with a decision earlier than usual.

Oh and if you don't mind me asking :h: did you call the admission team's number (+44 (0)115 848 4200)? Also, ahem what course you going for, fella? :biggrin:
Reply 53
woaaahhhhh. I mentioned getting my result earlier than the usual 18th August but the woman urged that they haven't received it yet and even if they did they cant give their decision over the phone and that I would only see a change on track! She did suggest that if I get an official school letter listing my grades and uploaded them online THEN they may respond back with a decision earlier than usual.

Oh and if you don't mind me asking :h: did you call the admission team's number (+44 (0)115 848 4200)? Also, ahem what course you going for, fella? :biggrin:

What!? :hmmmm2: The whole thing is really weird and I'll probably end up confusing you trying to explain. I got an email from UCAS about CIE a while ago and they claimed that Universities wouldn't receive CIE results early on the 11th, but they would get them on the 18th just like every other result so there would be no special priority (I believe)
Well when I talked to the lady on the phone, she said they are going through applications and she reckons admissions definitely received my results ... but they're going through applications in batches, and mine wasn't in the current batch so she couldn't give me an answer over the phone with the admissions chief absent. Either way, they somehow received my CIE results. Which confuses me so why don't they have yours and why did they refuse to give you your offer?

Yes! I called that number! And I'm going to be studying Business Management and Marketing, how about you? :h:
Original post by caii97
What!? :hmmmm2: The whole thing is really weird and I'll probably end up confusing you trying to explain. I got an email from UCAS about CIE a while ago and they claimed that Universities wouldn't receive CIE results early on the 11th, but they would get them on the 18th just like every other result so there would be no special priority (I believe)
Well when I talked to the lady on the phone, she said they are going through applications and she reckons admissions definitely received my results ... but they're going through applications in batches, and mine wasn't in the current batch so she couldn't give me an answer over the phone with the admissions chief absent. Either way, they somehow received my CIE results. Which confuses me so why don't they have yours and why did they refuse to give you your offer?

Yes! I called that number! And I'm going to be studying Business Management and Marketing, how about you? :h:

mind-boggling stuff, indeed. I've applied for Computer Science. They didn't really refuse the offer but they didn't agree to confirming it over the phone either so eh, it's basically messed up for now. I might call them again tomorrow or I'll have to wait till 18th to see how it all unravels. :/

I'm 30 UCAS points short of what was needed so it would've been nice to know my chances beforehand to mentally prepare, ya know? :colondollar: Did you experience the same or did you (I hope :biggrin:) get the amount you needed?

p.s. super nice to find someone in the same boat as myself :u:
Reply 55
mind-boggling stuff, indeed. I've applied for Computer Science. They didn't really refuse the offer but they didn't agree to confirming it over the phone either so eh, it's basically messed up for now. I might call them again tomorrow or I'll have to wait till 18th to see how it all unravels. :/

I'm 30 UCAS points short of what was needed so it would've been nice to know my chances beforehand to mentally prepare, ya know? :colondollar: Did you experience the same or did you (I hope :biggrin:) get the amount you needed?

p.s. super nice to find someone in the same boat as myself :u:

Definitely call them again tomorrow if the person above claims they get the results tomorrow then! If not then I guess its one more week to wait

Ahhhh I see, well I've heard many cases of them letting in people who didn't get the full amount of points! In this case it would be good to discuss it over the phone as you could try to persuade them that you're good enough for the course :cool: Haha well..... I surprised myself this year because I was convinced lone of my subjects went awfully and I lost sleep over it for the whole summer and it ended up going really well and I got 20 points more than I needed!!! which was a relief! Don't stress out because trust me it will be fine :^_^:

awww thank you it was lovely to get to talk to you! apart of the people in my school nobody seems to do cie or know what it is! its great someone can relate and someone going to the same uni! :h:
Has anyone else gotten a confirmation from their unis?
Also, anyone here second-guessing their choices/considering Adjustment? :tongue:
Original post by KythingToWrite
Has anyone else gotten a confirmation from their unis?
Also, anyone here second-guessing their choices/considering Adjustment? :tongue:

Universities can't confirm on Track as they don't have CIE A level results yet. By the time they do get the results Track will be locked down until the 18th.

You might be able to get confirmation directly if you email proof of your results directly to them (but this will vary between universities)
Original post by PQ
Universities can't confirm on Track as they don't have CIE A level results yet. By the time they do get the results Track will be locked down until the 18th.

You might be able to get confirmation directly if you email proof of your results directly to them (but this will vary between universities)

I think I just quoted you on a different results thread :tongue:

Thank you :smile: Do you think they'll be able to confirm my place individually, by email or something, once they have my results and before Track updates? Or will I have to wait til the 18th for that (and for my CAS)?
Original post by KythingToWrite
I think I just quoted you on a different results thread :tongue:

Thank you :smile: Do you think they'll be able to confirm my place individually, by email or something, once they have my results and before Track updates? Or will I have to wait til the 18th for that (and for my CAS)?

(reposting in here for the other CIE people to see :smile:)

It will depend on your university - your best guess is to call them up today and let them know that you know your grades (and therefore they can send you letters and go ahead with your CAS without breaking the embargo on results)

Quick Reply

Latest