The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anyone know grade boundaries for the English language 0522 syllabus? My school is holding all results until 25th.
Original post by guy321
Anyone know grade boundaries for the English language 0522 syllabus? My school is holding all results until 25th.

Unfortunately not, and that sucks man! I have to wait for my AS result until the 25th even though it comes out in a week !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are the CIE IGCSE boundaries out yet?
I got 77 in my iGCSE English Language which is a B... Does anyone know what the marks needed for an A are???
Original post by sahil19
How many pages do you think they'll be on this thread come the 25th; I guess anywhere between 35-50.

I think both 24th and 25th August a lot of people will be on TSR around 100 to 250 pages if you include both days
Original post by extraordinaire
I wanted to know since forever but GCSE students have to wait the longest :frown:
It's probably because we take more exams and more people do GCSEs than A Levels. I'm sure you'll be fine though

I just want to be put out of my misery now I don't care what I've got just TELL ME GAWD DAMMIT.

Also the mark schemes are going to be depressingly high this year which sucks.
I got Edexcel GCSE and iGCSE Mark schemes if anyone wants anything..

Also, by the way...does anyone know if resitting a GCSE subject other than English/Maths is allowed?
Original post by Mac117
That is true! :h: I hope to at least try and apply there since it is kinda the dream. Thank you so much for the kind words, I'm trying to give myself some credit but it's a bit hard as of now haha

Congratulations and good luck on your journey to Oxford!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JoshuaElliot
I got 77 in my iGCSE English Language which is a B... Does anyone know what the marks needed for an A are???

Depends on your coursework and speaking abd listening
I got 28/30 and 45/50 coursework
A is like 100 marks including coursework so 45+28 = 73
100-73=37/50 for an A. It was something like that, sorry of I'm wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile
Officially less than two weeks now, this time in two weeks we'll have them 😭😩
Original post by Stxlla_j10
Officially less than two weeks now, this time in two weeks we'll have them 😭😩

yup, I can't wait!

Posted from TSR Mobile
CIE IGCSE English Language for anyone who wants

image.jpg
Original post by ScienceFantatic
CIE IGCSE English Language for anyone who wants

image.jpg

So confusing

Posted from TSR Mobile
OH I get it, so 106 for A*, grade boundaries are lower this year right? Gives me hope of getting an A*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AdeptDz
OH I get it, so 106 for A*, grade boundaries are lower this year right? Gives me hope of getting an A*

Posted from TSR Mobile

02 Is paper 2, 03 paper 3, 04 coursework and05 and 06 are speaking and listening. Just have to find the one which matches the exams you did.

But yeah 106. I didn't do your pathway so mines 96
Original post by ScienceFantatic
02 Is paper 2, 03 paper 3, 04 coursework and05 and 06 are speaking and listening. Just have to find the one which matches the exams you did.

But yeah 106. I didn't do your pathway so mines 96

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 616
So the same as last year? I thought they would go down tbh.
Some encouragement for result's day:

Doom’s day | Unmotivated Enthusiast https://unmotivatedenthusiast.wordpress.com/2016/08/11/dooms-day/#more-223 :smile:
Reply 618
Honestly thought A* for English Lang would be 108 or something, found it a lot easier than 2015. Hopefully managed to get an A or A*, just really don't want another B ;(
How come OP isn't updating the first post with the countdown?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest