The Student Room Group

CIE A-Levels

Scroll to see replies

I just got my AS results,and I'm really disappointed..I got 2 B's and I C...bs in biology and chemistry..and C in physics..i need suggestions...I'm thinking to give retake for chemistry.it will be easier for me to get an A in A2 ...and for biology idk what to do...I expected an A ...i mean is it possible for me to improve my grade in A2 from B to A or an A*
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Sidra Manzur
I just got my AS results,and I'm really disappointed..I got 2 B's and I C...bs in biology and chemistry..and C in physics..i need suggestions...I'm thinking to give retake for chemistry.it will be easier for me to get an A in A2 ...and for biology idk what to do...I expected an A ...i mean is it possible for me to improve my grade in A2 from B to A or an A*

Hey,
It's totally possible to improve from a B to an A! Hard, yes, but I have a friend who got a B in AS Chem and just got an A overall :smile:
I'd say if you're gonna retake in October be sure you can do better... If your grade doesn't improve it's a real blow in the middle of your A2 year (that's what happened to me and it sucked, I didn't get anything done for weeks), and usually it'll be around the time you're applying for uni too. If you know you can do better though it'll take quite a load off you next year.
Good luck :smile:
Original post by OmarAli_O98
Did your Track update?

I was doing AS levels so no lol
Reply 63
Got my Cie as results. Got lower than expected. Is it possible to go from A(82) in history to A* in a levels. From B(77) in Econ to A* or should i resit it? And french go from B(72) to A? Even more disappointing I got an E in english literature. What is the best case scenario? From an E to? Any success stories of failing as levels and getting into Russell group uni etc? Thanks
Need some help. I did one CIE A Level and the other two were 'traditional' A Levels. The CIE results were released earlier but my sixth form refuses to give them until the 18th. Is there any way I can access my results online somehow?
Original post by _Dreamville_
Need some help. I did one CIE A Level and the other two were 'traditional' A Levels. The CIE results were released earlier but my sixth form refuses to give them until the 18th. Is there any way I can access my results online somehow?

You can't access CIE results online unless your school has opted for that, and even so you'll need a login from your school. That sucks though, is there a chance you can get in touch with a sympathetic teacher and ask them to help you out?
Original post by KythingToWrite
You can't access CIE results online unless your school has opted for that, and even so you'll need a login from your school. That sucks though, is there a chance you can get in touch with a sympathetic teacher and ask them to help you out?

Not an option sadly. Tried it already and your rejected. Not sure why they'd want to keep it from us though, guess I'll have to wait until Thursday.
Attachment not found

Guys how do you come to know about your marks ?..i want to know marks to...i got my result this way
Original post by Sidra Manzur
Guys how do you come to know about your marks ?..i want to know marks to...i got my result this way

Do you mean your PUM? That should be to the right of your grades... That's how it is on mine.

Original post by _Dreamville_
Not an option sadly. Tried it already and your rejected. Not sure why they'd want to keep it from us though, guess I'll have to wait until Thursday.

Damn, that's tough. Sorry! Good luck for next week :smile:
But there isn't any perecentages shown on the right side idk why :|
Reply 70
Original post by Laklikarios
Guys what is a low A and what is a high A in Literature in English I am confused...

I would imagine 80 is a low A and 89 is a high A.
The UMS grade you see is standardized so it fits with the 90-100 80-90 70-80 etc
Hey,

before I ask my question, I just need to say, I PROMISE I don't mean to make anyone feel bad, which is why I'm putting my actual question in a spoiler.

Spoiler

Original post by fandom-queen
Hey,

before I ask my question, I just need to say, I PROMISE I don't mean to make anyone feel bad, which is why I'm putting my actual question in a spoiler.

Spoiler

You would need an average of 90% in both years for an A*. Speaking from experience, I'd say difficult but not impossible for bio and chem but maths and phys are achievable.
Reply 73
Original post by Kusja
Got my Cie as results. Got lower than expected. Is it possible to go from A(82) in history to A* in a levels. From B(77) in Econ to A* or should i resit it? And french go from B(72) to A? Even more disappointing I got an E in english literature. What is the best case scenario? From an E to? Any success stories of failing as levels and getting into Russell group uni etc? Thanks

Resit economics of you want a shot at the A*, need at least 80% to have a chance but then you will need 100% at A2 to get the A* so maximize As. From E to C is the best possible case, a realistic case is D. Resit it for sure if you think you can do better (you should if you aim for Russel group). There are lower Russel group unis that don't require A*, maybe look into those? Don't lift your expectations to Oxbridge level unless that is what you are going for (you will have to take a gap year though with that E and B grade so if you don't want that then Oxbridge is out of the question). Look at some place like Bristol or Glasgow, great unis and reasonable requirements.
Original post by tuckerthetatman
You would need an average of 90% in both years for an A*. Speaking from experience, I'd say difficult but not impossible for bio and chem but maths and phys are achievable.

From experience?
Original post by fandom-queen
From experience?

I got 88% for bio in my AS, and I had hoped to make to 90% for my A level but got stuck on a 88 for my overall grade.
Original post by caii97
Definitely call them again tomorrow if the person above claims they get the results tomorrow then! If not then I guess its one more week to wait

Ahhhh I see, well I've heard many cases of them letting in people who didn't get the full amount of points! In this case it would be good to discuss it over the phone as you could try to persuade them that you're good enough for the course :cool: Haha well..... I surprised myself this year because I was convinced lone of my subjects went awfully and I lost sleep over it for the whole summer and it ended up going really well and I got 20 points more than I needed!!! which was a relief! Don't stress out because trust me it will be fine :^_^:

awww thank you it was lovely to get to talk to you! apart of the people in my school nobody seems to do cie or know what it is! its great someone can relate and someone going to the same uni! :h:

thank you for that encouragement. means more than you'd think :biggrin: also ahem sorry for the oh-so-horribly-late reply :colondollar: I'm going to have to wait till the 18th to know if I get in so just gotta be positive for now, eh. :smile:

on another note, where I'm from..people only know cie :giggle: but hey, awesome talk, fellow-(fingers crossed :thumbsup:)-NTU-buddy!
Reply 77
Original post by HipsterDalek
thank you for that encouragement. means more than you'd think :biggrin: also ahem sorry for the oh-so-horribly-late reply :colondollar: I'm going to have to wait till the 18th to know if I get in so just gotta be positive for now, eh. :smile:

on another note, where I'm from..people only know cie :giggle: but hey, awesome talk, fellow-(fingers crossed :thumbsup:)-NTU-buddy!

hehe no worries about the late reply! i called the uni the day after and now im in the same situation as you so ill just wait till results day aswell... :colondollar: not sure why the other lady i spoke to was different about it but meh. lets both be positive!

hahaha its one of the boards in my school here! well buddy, let me know what happens on the 18th via message or whatever! great to talk to you too! :h:
hi guys, does anyone know how we can view our individual module results? I know that other boards provide modular results along with the overall but but not with CIE.... would really like to know the breakdown of my papers because i took the full A level for chemistry in one sitting and I have no idea how i've done apart from the PUM they gave us. :confused:
Original post by glitterlitter
hi guys, does anyone know how we can view our individual module results? I know that other boards provide modular results along with the overall but but not with CIE.... would really like to know the breakdown of my papers because i took the full A level for chemistry in one sitting and I have no idea how i've done apart from the PUM they gave us. :confused:

I got mine from my school's A Level coordinator last year (for AS), so I'm sure you can get it from them or your exam officer.

Quick Reply

Latest