The Student Room Group

Muslim women are the "least successful group in society" report finds

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Brahmin of Booty
A Muslim woman who has no job but is a good mother and wife, is more successful than a single 40 year old White woman with more money but less family life.

Delusion.

Is a man who has no job or but is a good husband more successful than white man who is more successful?

A woman's primary role is not to serve the interests of their husbands. They should be able to pursue a career and all decisions should be made on an equal platform. The houseparent should be the one who earns the least amount of money.
Original post by AperfectBalance
Still flawed.
It is like saying lets look out my window. I can see 3 robins and a Pigeon that must mean there are more robins in the uk than pigeon. What you experience and see is not what is always a representation of what most people see.

That example was shite. :lol: Anyway, in my entire life, I have been surrounded by more successful muslim women than men. (I know you will bring up another weird example so let's just stop here).
Original post by Saba XD
That example was shite. :lol: Anyway, in my entire life, I have been surrounded by more successful muslim women than men. (I know you will bring up another weird example so let's just stop here).

Its like talking to a brick wall. Continue to be ignorant to the suffering that MANY Muslim women face.
Original post by Tabstercat
in other words, not successful :lol:

Please don't circlejerk, it's unbecoming.

Original post by PrincessBO$$
:clap2::clap2::clap2:love you for saying that :tongue:

I'm not exactly from a poor background but people who think their career is the only thing which is valuable in life, are very sad people.

I'm not exactly from a poor background but people who think their career is the only thing which is valuable in life, are very sad people.

I'm not exactly from a poor background either but people who aren't ambitious enough to care about their career are also very sad imho
Its like talking to a brick wall. Continue to be ignorant to the suffering that MANY Muslim women face.

MANY muslim women are still successful. Its stupid to say that muslim women overall are not successful.
Why should people who choose not to even try and find work (not just limited to Muslim women) be entitled to receive benefits from the UK taxpayer? Short answer, they shouldn't, and if this is an ingrained cultural practice then it should be treated accordingly. The UK is not a Muslim country.
I'll buy you a cat for your 40th birthday :smile:

No one has said all i care about is money, screw my family. But a woman who has a job and so does her husband earning money and allowing their kids to have a good life while also balancing work/life balance is far better than a stay at home mum in nearly all circumstances

No need, I've had 5 marriage proposals this year alone :laugh:

Lol im kidding :tongue:
You must spend a lot of time around very thirsty men.
Reply 52
This is based on a census. This evidence is what Muslim women themselves have said.
The stubborness people have accepting evidence that challenges their sense of righteousness is pathetic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sameehaiqbal
MANY muslim women are still successful. Its stupid to say that muslim women overall are not successful.

Sure many are but there are also many that are not, and this is disproportionate to others. the statistics show it, but even if they are wrong it is fair to say muslim women are Oppressed.

If you want to talk about suffering of muslim women then we can also talk about suffering of women in general? I do see that there are problems faced but there are muslim women who are successful than their counterparts in every field. It might not have been in the past but things are changing. My own family has more female doctors and one male doctor.
Reply 55
Other religions are less likely to make demands in the workplace. Where I work, muslims have demanded a room to pray for themselves only and the men have demanded squat toilets instead of normal ones. Of course these were rejected as they are not needed but it is common
You must spend a lot of time around very thirsty men.

Gr8 b8 m8 I r8 8/8

lol
Original post by PrincessBO$$

@AngryRedhead
Lol im kidding :tongue:

The jokes on him/ her, I always get asked out by lads at work
Reply 58
Original post by richpanda
This is due to the Western view that every woman must work, and that anything else is shameful.

What kind of bs is this?

This is not "due to" anything but the fact that their culture inhibits women's freedom.

You might legitimately question the metric for what "successful" here means, but that has nothing to do with "due to".

Only thing worse than actual racists and xenophobes is people blindly sticking up for something just because they are of the opinion it is the "right" thing to do.
Must have been a slow year for you. :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending