The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

Original post by clairebear101
erg, u say 'hopefully not' then theres me, if i get those scores i will be over the moon, cuz i struggle

What are you struggling with in particular? I am too but I'm just going to keep practicing and going over every mistake Try that see if it works I would give advice but not in the best position aha
Original post by Pra99
Have you done medify mock 1?

Naaaah not yet, will do it tomorrow I'm thinking
Reply 1782
How do you calculate your score from the full medify mock?
i.e. mock 1
(edited 7 years ago)
What you lot get in medify mock 2? Are they increasingly harder? Got 700 in this one
Original post by ronnydandam
What you lot get in medify mock 2? Are they increasingly harder? Got 700 in this one

i got 690, i dont know about the difficulty as haven't done them in a particular order
Original post by AMC98
How do you calculate your score from the full medify mock?
i.e. mock 1

It does it for you but a more accurate way is to do what you got for the section divided by the max, multiplied by 600 and add 300. E.g) If I got 34/36 in QR that is 0.94444444. If I multiply this by 600 I get 567, then if I add 300 I get 867 which wouldbe my score in that section
Reply 1786
It does it for you but a more accurate way is to do what you got for the section divided by the max, multiplied by 600 and add 300. E.g) If I got 34/36 in QR that is 0.94444444. If I multiply this by 600 I get 567, then if I add 300 I get 867 which wouldbe my score in that section

Thank you very much :smile:
I just sat UKCAT and got 673 average :frown: (VR pulls my score down a lot). Is this score decent enough for me to apply to med schools?
Original post by BT0311
I just sat UKCAT and got 673 average :frown: (VR pulls my score down a lot). Is this score decent enough for me to apply to med schools?

673 is good...
673 is good...

I'm sorry. I'm kind of scared considering most people here are scoring 700+. I guess I just have to wait and see
Original post by BT0311
I'm sorry. I'm kind of scared considering most people here are scoring 700+. I guess I just have to wait and see

don't worry this is TSR, it's totally not representative
Original post by Kings_queens
hey ive just done mine and i got 640 average... slightly stressing that mine is tomorrow :s-smilie::s-smilie:
Best of luck!
Original post by d010534
anyone wanna offer some tips for the abstract reasoning section?? :frown:

Hi d010534

Hoping I can help here!

Use a system to identify patterns. We recommend NSPCC : first look at number count everything you see: sides, shapes, angles, circles, arrows etc. Then look at patterns with size (big v small), position (corner or centre of box), colour (be careful this is often a distractor) and conformation (the relationship between different shape positions) respectively. Spend most of the time deducing the rule, then answer the questions quickly.

I hope that you find that useful.

Do let me know if you have any questions... always happy to help!

UniAdmissions
Original post by gagandeep07
Hey guys
Would you say a 670 average is ok if I'm applying to Birmingham, Barts and Leicester?
My GCSEs are 8A*s, 2 Distinction*s and 2As

I think your score would definitely be good enough :smile:
There's a score calculator for Birmingham which you can use ( you get it from their website) and you can work out your score using Leicester's admission document, and then make a more informed decision for yourself based on your score. I don't know much about Barts, but your score is quite high, so i wouldn't be too concerned about it for most other unis if it comes to that :h:

Original post by isabella1999
Hey, just completed all the medify Mini mocks and got 677 Average, and Band 2 SJ (750 Verbal, 650 Quantitative and 630 Abstract). Got a while yet until my UKCAT and lots more mocks to do but if I do get these scores in the real thing (hopefully not) what unis would I be able to apply to? Would Kings definitely be out? :puppyeyes:

It would depend on the averages. If you were to be high enough, you would probably be on the low side of the cut-off (if they have one, which i think they do, but i might be wrong). I think kings look at multiple aspects of your application and i think it balances out, but you'd be better looking at their website for yourself and looking at their past cut offs. We can't do the research for you, that's something you'll have to do yourself.
hey ive just done mine and i got 640 average... slightly stressing that mine is tomorrow :s-smilie::s-smilie:

Hi Kings_queens

It is only natural that you feel nervous before a big test but do try not to stress!

Try to get plenty of sleep tonight and make sure you wear something comfortable tomorrow. Have a good breakfast in the morning and walk in feeling confident.

Good luck for tomorrow!

UniAdmissions
So, one more question, with an average score of 673.3, should I apply to an UKCAT heavy uni like King's or Glasgow? The cut off score for previous years seem very bizarre (for King's, 630 for 2015 and 740 for 2014????). My GCSEs are 8A*s, 2 Distinctions and 2AThanks a lot in advance
Original post by BT0311

Im sorry but you know full well that that is a very good score, people just come on hear to brag. It just puts people down.

Dont worry i got this too, you will be fine, good luck and let us know :smile:
Original post by clairebear101
Dont worry i got this too, you will be fine, good luck and let us know :smile:

will do thanks!
Screen Shot 2016-08-11 at 18.17.19.jpgwould u say that most ukcat VR passages are as big as this in the real thing??

Quick Reply

Latest