The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emiloujess
Ah, I was just going from the OP :smile: Still very close though... so when do UCAS/Unis get our results? :smile:

Original post by Aph
Really??? I was under the impression that they all came today???

Most of the exam boards send results to UCAS by tomorrow. They have a deadline of 2pm (as I hear it WJEC usually send their files through at 1:59pm :wink:).

UCAS do their matching magic and send the results for all exam boards (including CIE that came out today) through between 7pm and 9pm tomorrow night.

Some universities then need to run a bunch of imports/reports/processes to get the results loaded for decision making (which are usually scheduled to run either overnight Friday/Saturday or during the day Saturday) then the "fun" starts on Sunday (or Monday in some places where weekend working just isn't the done thing *cough* medical schools *cough* ).

A small number of very small universities/colleges manage all of their admissions through the University version of Track - they'll be able to start on Friday night if they want to (but will usually be dealing with very few students so might not bother until Monday).

The Clearing listings on the UCAS website on Monday evening (after ~6pm) will be what gets published in the Telegraph on Thursday.

Any places confirmed (as UF) to UCAS by 6pm Tuesday used to have their hard copy AS12 letter posted out by UCAS on Wednesday for arrival Thursday morning - but I don't think UCAS do hard copy AS12 letters any more.

Any places confirmed or rejected to UCAS by 6pm Wednesday will show on Track on Thursday morning at 7:30-8am. Changes that come through after then will show on Track around midday Thursday and then after midday updates happen as and when each university sends through their update files (usually once or twice a day at different times for different universities)
Original post by GemmaPierce
Does anyone know if you can apply to the same uni twice ? For example if I don't get my firm choice could I go through clearing and choose a different but similar course at the same uni with lower grade boundaries and if so would I be able to keep the accommodation I already have paid for (if accepted)

If you'd like to be considered for another course before rejection then contact your firm NOW (today or tomorrow morning preferably) and ask that if you can't be accepted for your firm course that they'll consider you for the alternative course before rejecting you.

A changed course offer (that would show on Track) would be a lot simpler than trying to find your way back via Clearing and will save your accommodation from any muddles.
Original post by PQ
Most of the exam boards send results to UCAS by tomorrow. They have a deadline of 2pm (as I hear it WJEC usually send their files through at 1:59pm :wink:).

UCAS do their matching magic and send the results for all exam boards (including CIE that came out today) through between 7pm and 9pm tomorrow night.

Some universities then need to run a bunch of imports/reports/processes to get the results loaded for decision making (which are usually scheduled to run either overnight Friday/Saturday or during the day Saturday) then the "fun" starts on Sunday (or Monday in some places where weekend working just isn't the done thing *cough* medical schools *cough* ).

A small number of very small universities/colleges manage all of their admissions through the University version of Track - they'll be able to start on Friday night if they want to (but will usually be dealing with very few students so might not bother until Monday).

The Clearing listings on the UCAS website on Monday evening (after ~6pm) will be what gets published in the Telegraph on Thursday.

Any places confirmed (as UF) to UCAS by 6pm Tuesday used to have their hard copy AS12 letter posted out by UCAS on Wednesday for arrival Thursday morning - but I don't think UCAS do hard copy AS12 letters any more.

Any places confirmed or rejected to UCAS by 6pm Wednesday will show on Track on Thursday morning at 7:30-8am. Changes that come through after then will show on Track around midday Thursday and then after midday updates happen as and when each university sends through their update files (usually once or twice a day at different times for different universities)

AKA I will be terrified for the next week :frown: Also, unrelated question (sorry)... what if my firm/insurance doesn't release me by the morning of Results Day? Do I phone BU with my results anyway and explain the situation?
AKA I will be terrified for the next week :frown:Also, unrelated question (sorry)... what if my firm/insurance doesn't release me by the morning of Results Day? Do I phone BU with my results anyway and explain the situation?

Wait and see what your situation is on Track.

If you've been accepted by your firm then hit the adjustment button and call BU (the adjustment button only appears for people accepted by their firm but it appears for EVERYONE in that situation - by hitting it you make your application visible to every university so BU will be able to confirm your results).

If you've been rejected by your firm but your insurance has you as either CF or UF *or* your firm is still showing as CF then get on to them ASAP (and ask to be passed to someone more senior to whoever answers the phone) and basically give them a *******ing for not following your written wishes promptly. Once you get written confirmation from them (hold them on the phone until the email comes through) that you'll be in clearing ASAP *then* call BU and explain the situation.
Original post by 123Learn123
results day is on my birthday

Lets hope it's a happy one :biggrin:
Original post by PQ
Wait and see what your situation is on Track.

If you've been accepted by your firm then hit the adjustment button and call BU (the adjustment button only appears for people accepted by their firm but it appears for EVERYONE in that situation - by hitting it you make your application visible to every university so BU will be able to confirm your results).

If you've been rejected by your firm but your insurance has you as either CF or UF *or* your firm is still showing as CF then get on to them ASAP (and ask to be passed to someone more senior to whoever answers the phone) and basically give them a *******ing for not following your written wishes promptly. Once you get written confirmation from them (hold them on the phone until the email comes through) that you'll be in clearing ASAP *then* call BU and explain the situation.

I thought Adjustment was only for people who had met and exceeded their firm offer? There's no way I've done that :')I sent my insurance an email yesterday or the day before.
Original post by nomophobia
Can you not ask your teachers to change it? At my college, if you ask to be predicted AAA, they'll do it no questions asked lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

idk how lenient they well be I don't think they will who knows though

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought Adjustment was only for people who had met and exceeded their firm offer? There's no way I've done that :':wink:I sent my insurance an email yesterday or the day before.

It is - but eligibility isn't checked by UCAS - it's the responsibility of the university you adjust to to check.

Hitting the button is just a quick way to let BU see your application and verified results - it doesn't mean you wont still have to wait for cardiff to release you and apply officially through clearing but it might save some time. *If* BU and Cardiff agree then BU can take you through adjustment even if you aren't technically eligible....it's not 100% above board but I reckon about 5% of people who adjusted last year weren't actually eligible (and a lot of people who were eligible were forced to go through Clearing instead by universities that didn't understand how to use adjustment!).
Original post by vik1234
Unis get our results on the 12th so tomorrow

Ah ok, thanks! That makes the whole process seem very real and very scary.
Reply 3429
Original post by PQ

Wait... UCAS can sort though all applications and match them to students and then send them to the unis in under 5 hours (albeit staggered from ~36 hours) but unis can't manage to match and decide for 1/8 of students when they have significantly less students to compare and have 5 days :s-smilie:
Original post by PQ
It is - but eligibility isn't checked by UCAS - it's the responsibility of the university you adjust to to check.

Hitting the button is just a quick way to let BU see your application and verified results - it doesn't mean you wont still have to wait for cardiff to release you and apply officially through clearing but it might save some time. *If* BU and Cardiff agree then BU can take you through adjustment even if you aren't technically eligible....it's not 100% above board but I reckon about 5% of people who adjusted last year weren't actually eligible (and a lot of people who were eligible were forced to go through Clearing instead by universities that didn't understand how to use adjustment!).

Ah ok thank you so much :smile: If it wasn't for TSR I honestly think I would've had a breakdown by now :') To be honest I hope I just see a Clearing number (and I never thought I'd say that) so I only have 2 phone calls to deal with.(Note to self: Charge my phone!)
Original post by PQ

omg this literally made me realise that results day is a week away! it has finally sunk in!! D:

the timeline is so close together! WHAT AM I GOING TO DO *hyperventilates*!!
Original post by PQ

So regarding clearing: On Monday evening, the courses in clearing are confirmed as the courses that have places remaining, after all those who applied for that course first time round are either accepted or rejected?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3433
Whats everyone doing to take their minds off it next wednesday? I have no ideas so far so will probably end up in bed worrying all day:no:
Original post by S F
Whats everyone doing to take their minds off it next wednesday? I have no ideas so far so will probably end up in bed worrying all day:no:

Books and Pokemon at the moment.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Where are the aqa mark schemes?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can't wait to read the examiner reports for psychology, especially for the gender question . AQA will have a field day
Original post by Aph
Wait... UCAS can sort though all applications and match them to students and then send them to the unis in under 5 hours (albeit staggered from ~36 hours) but unis can't manage to match and decide for 1/8 of students when they have significantly less students to compare and have 5 days :s-smilie:

Well yeah - but UCAS are just matching candidate and centre numbers to what's listed in applications. So that's a database matching job.

Universities have people manually comparing grades with offer conditions - it isn't (and shouldn't be) automated (data protection rules say automated decision making for things like job applications and university applications should only be used in exceptional circumstances). It's someone sitting down and looking whether the offer was met or not and prioritising the applications that missed their offer to decide which if any should be accepted.

Plus some of the 1/8 who don't have a decision are waiting for GCSE results.

Original post by Nahimjustaworm
So regarding clearing: On Monday evening, the courses in clearing are confirmed as the courses that have places remaining, after all those who applied for that course first time round are either accepted or rejected?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No - on Monday evening universities have to have made their best guess about which courses will still have spaces. Quite often as they work through applications and decisions come through for insurance students on Tuesday and Wednesday the courses with spaces will change and be updated (with some courses added and some courses removed from clearing).
(edited 7 years ago)
How do you find the clearing list from last year?
Original post by Georginarosee
How do you find the clearing list from last year?

You can't access it online.

You need to go to your local reference library and ask for a copy of the telegraph from last year's results day. They might have it hard copy or on microfiche/scanned.

Quick Reply

Latest