The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9020
So James Carnell is Tom Ford confirmed?

Also already reports saying Mahrez has decided to stay at Leicester. I doubt Mahrez is happening. Nice to know we're close to Mustafi though, good signing.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by AR_95
So James Carnell is Tom Ford confirmed?

Also already reports saying Mahrez has decided to stay at Leicester. I doubt Mahrez is happening. Nice to know we're close to Mustafi though, good signing.

Apparently English reports are from Leicester, French reports from Mahrez's agent

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mahrez trying to force a move. Good lad. You could see it in body language in the pre kick off pats he did with his teammates. The little boy in his head is screaming "Arsenal" and he is listening.
Original post by James.Carnell
@leinad2012

Madness is happening. Mustafi nearly a wrap. Mahrez following Sanogo on Twitter (and setting his location to London) and multiple French Journos/L'Equipe adamant he is on the verge of joining the Gooner squad.

Fwiw, Mustafi like a picture of Xhaka's yesterday on IG and since then news has moved on very quickly to how the the deal is nearly done.

ARSENALLLL.

Wheres Lyrical Prod? @Lyrical Prodigy

Go back to jacking off over Reus Gotze erotic fan fiction Tom, I'm not taking the bait anymore :wink:

#madness
(edited 7 years ago)
I will be reserving judgement on Mustafi until I hear @shawn_o1 expert analysis
Looks like Mustafi is on his way. I wonder what defenders will leave, probably Jenkinson on loan. Looking forward to seeing who we play in defence on Sunday.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Looks like Mustafi is on his way. I wonder what defenders will leave, probably Jenkinson on loan. Looking forward to seeing who we play in defence on Sunday.

I would have thought Debuchy would be more likely to leave unless there are worries about covering CB
Original post by leinad2012
I would have thought Debuchy would be more likely to leave unless there are worries about covering CB

Forgot about Debuchy. Imagine he'll stay for our first few games till we sign a defender or two and then join Galatasaray in a deadline day transfer.

Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Forgot about Debuchy. Imagine he'll stay for our first few games till we sign a defender or two and then join Galatasaray in a deadline day transfer.

Sounds about right. I'd be fuming if both left though, Chambers at rb just isn't good enough back up
Fortunately I don't think we'd let both go
@leinad2012

It was fate that Gotze and Reus became reunited. Reus was on the verge of signing for us according to multiple newspaper outlets including the Telegraph before the WC2014, instead we signed Alexis and the rest was history.

Fate made Reus wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr0biEXGVOE
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by drandy76
Apparently English reports are from Leicester, French reports from Mahrez's agent

Posted from TSR Mobile

English press know **** all

Boufashi is more reliable than any English journalist

Posted from TSR Mobile
mustafi + deadline day mahrez..*

Would be quite a solid window, mustafi, (deadline day pick), xhaka, holding, asano.

Not bad for us.

Bellerin - Mustafi - Kos - Monreal

Has the potential to be a very solid back-line..

( I say potential, as Kos has shown to be quite hit and miss with how he works with other people.. and whilst he is GOAT with mert.. no idea how he will be with another guy)

At least until bellerin ditches us in a year or two *
Mustafi is still a Valencia player until a fee is agreed. They'll hold out for £50m :colone:
Original post by sr90
English press know **** all

Boufashi is more reliable than any English journalist

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have to admit, I am greatly excited for this deal. It will make Ozil get even better with Mahrez and Sanchez on either side, beautiful football. If we do sign him I can't remember being this excited about the fluidity in the team since the invincibles.

I can understand Wenger not going all out for Lacazette. If he is waiting for a big big striker signing then fair enough, I think we all know he could buy a good striker if he wanted to. But he has not for a reason.

Fwiw, my favourite player will still be Elneny though, £5m and a total of £7.4m when possible addons are factored in is craziness. I just love watching the guy play and think he will keep improving. Imo, he should be getting a lot of games.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by shawn_o1
Mustafi is still a Valencia player until a fee is agreed. They'll hold out for £50m :colone:

That was the expert analysis I was looking for. Thanks Jeff!
Original post by difeo
Failing to mount a serious title challenge but still coming top 4, that's predictable. There's really not much difference between 2nd, 3rd and 4th, it's like arguing a team who comes between 10th and 12th every year isn't predictable just because they're not in the exact same position.

To say Arsenal haven't mounted a title challenge in years is a little inaccurate, given they were top for more than half of 13/14.

Secondly, even if you don't see a difference between 2nd and 4th, there are still changes. For example, Man City have to travel to Romania to play the away leg of their qualifier in mid week a few weeks from now which is a distraction from their weekend fixture. Arsenal themselves nearly bottled a qualifying match against Udinese a few seasons ago, so it's not as though they can know the team they face will DEFINITELY just be easy.

To say the distance itself between 10th and 12th, a placing which many teams deliberately field weakened sides in towards the end of the season is comparable with 2nd and 4th is straw man at its finest.

Original post by Lúcio
^Rekt

Lolwut
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by James.Carnell
Have to admit, I am greatly excited for this deal. It will make Ozil get even better with Mahrez and Sanchez on either side, beautiful football. If we do sign him I can't remember being this excited about the fluidity in the team since the invincibles.

I can understand Wenger not going all out for Lacazette. If he is waiting for a big big striker signing then fair enough, I think we all know he could buy a good striker if he wanted to. But he has not for a reason.

I see Mahrez staying put until next season. Leicester play Hull in two days, so I can't see a deal being done now.

Which big striker can Arsenal get who's better than Lacazette?
Original post by Diego Costa
I see Mahrez staying put until next season. Leicester play Hull in two days, so I can't see a deal being done now.

Which big striker can Arsenal get who's better than Lacazette?

None, hence we won't sign any striker.

I don't think its about the money, its whether these players want to come to Arsenal.

For example Griezmann afaik has a £85m release clause that I think Wenger would pay, but would he join? Lewandowski has big wage demands, would we pay? Yeah. But they have to want to join us in the first place.
and got more homo
Original post by leinad2012
Yeah bruh, just like there's no difference between finishing 7th or 10th; if you finish in those positions consistently for 5 years your team is mediocre either way :colonhash:

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1470937889.760434.jpg

Latest