The Student Room Group

Muslim women are the "least successful group in society" report finds

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Serine Soul
It's not BS, it's true. I only have to look inside my own house, and outside, to see it.
Currently, many, many muslim women in their 30s - 40s are not working. My mother isn't working, all the wives in that same age bracket in the area I live in (100% Muslim btw) aren't working, and I don't think ever intend to.

They can be split roughly into two categories:

-One type were either born here or immigrated here at a young age and were married off by their parents before they could consider furthering their education and improving career options. Most often however, these women are perfectly content on relying on a mixture of their husband's wages and income support/child benefits from the state.

-The other type moved here via marriage, in their late teens or early twenties. From the moment they step foot in the country, they are confined to a life as a housewife and are pressured to have children as soon as possible, by their in laws and husbands. Working, for them, is completely out of the question, and communities and families regard it a shameful thing that the daughter in law of a family should work. There is a bit of hope in a sense, as a fairly significant number of husbands do encourage their wives to work, but ultimately the decision is up to their in laws.

This is definitely not representitive of all Muslim women, but it is for many women in Pakistani and Bangldeshi communites, who make up a significant percentage of Muslims in the country.

Just to add, the number of Muslim women in their twenties, born, brought up, educated, with strong career plans, is high and is increasing, thankfully.

So wait... is working for a women in UK a forced law? Because other women work so every single women has to work?
Islam doesn't forces women to go out to work either so... hmmm its a western culture thing! So you mean to say if Muslim people follow their own culture its wrong but if they follow western culture its right? You sound exactly like a racist. :smile:
I know many Muslim women who work. And they are cultural and conservative Muslims so I don't know which fantasy land you belong to :tongue:. I live in a majority Muslim area as well.
Don't act like an hypocrite. Because people follow their own ways and culture doesn't mean they have to work. You are following western culture as well and no one is obliged to follow that as well. Not every women needs to work if she doesn't wants to work her self and is happy with her life. Not everyone has to be cheap enough to send their daughter and wives out to earn 5 pounds an hour when they don't need to. :wink:
P.S: Trolls on the internet don't represent anyone so don't worry. :h:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
"West doesn't mean much"

Their liberal philosophy will permeate all aspects of the globe through film, sports, books, even if there is a lower growth of offspring to do it.

This is literally the only way the West will win, cultural warfare

Original post by inhuman
You just couldn't help yourself could you. In a pathetic attempt to make me look wrong and you look right, you changed the hypothesis. The statement that YOU MADE, was that you are a good statistician ("better than most on here":wink:. That's very unlikely, hence a low p-value. How does it feel to embarrass yourself so much?

Claiming to be better than average can't be a null hypothesis by definition and p values relate to evidence against, the null hypothesis. Don't even bother arguing with me on this because I will tear you apart.
Original post by Vegito
So wait... is working for a women in UK a forced law? Because other women work so every single women has to work?
Islam doesn't forces women to go out to work either so... hmmm its a western culture thing! So you mean to say if Muslim people follow their own culture its wrong but if they follow their own culture its wrong? You sound exactly like a racist. :smile:
I know many Muslim women who work. And they are cultural and conservative Muslims so I don't know which fantasy land you belong to :tongue:. I live in a majority Muslim area as well.
Don't act like an hypocrite. Because people follow their own ways and culture doesn't mean they have to work. You are following western culture as well and no one is obliged to follow that as well. Not every women needs to work if she doesn't wants to work her self and is happy with her life. Not everyone has to be cheap enough to send their daughter and wives out to earn 5 pounds an hour when they don't need to. :wink:

Exactly. We have a culture here and that culture has developed through time and in some cases even blood. We cannot just stand idle by as others come in and don't integrate, instead keep following their culture that stands against everything we stand for.
Original post by Brahmin of Booty
This is literally the only way the West will win, cultural warfare

Probably not the best time to use "warfare" given what's going on :/.
Original post by inhuman
Exactly. We have a culture here and that culture has developed through time and in some cases even blood. We cannot just stand idle by as others come in and don't integrate, instead keep following their culture that stands against everything we stand for.

Well then that just makes you racist and extremist. :tongue:
Claiming to be better than average can't be a null hypothesis by definition and p values relate to evidence against, the null hypothesis. Don't even bother arguing with me on this because I will tear you apart.

MATE

You go on the offensive? Like last ditch effort, you know you are wrong so you try to get me to back down by being aggressive?

Doesn't work on me.

I schooled you in my last post I am happy to school you again, kiddie.

"Claiming to be better than average can't be a null hypothesis by definition" - are you sure you even studies statistics at all? That is the biggest toss I have heard in a long time. Earlier I said you are embarrassing yourself. Now you should just be ashamed.
Original post by Vegito
Islam doesn't forces women to go out to work either so... hmmm its a western culture thing! So you mean to say if Muslim people follow their own culture its wrong but if they follow their own culture its wrong? You sound exactly like a racist. :smile:

well the same study also showed muslim males as bineg well above national average of unemployed i think around 47% so clearly it isnt simply a matter only of 'women not needing to work' in islamic communities , perhaps more than some others , have high dependancy on benefit, so where there are many men who arnt in work, then their women should be encouraged to go out , get educated and get a job. as many other non-islamic ethnicities already do so
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Vegito
Well then that just makes you racist and extremist. :tongue:

I am the extremist for being against the culture that thinks it's ok to tell girls to cover themselves up, that tells them they must obey men, that discriminates on the basis of sexual orientation?
Yea right. Good one.
Original post by inhuman
MATE

You go on the offensive? Like last ditch effort, you know you are wrong so you try to get me to back down by being aggressive?

Doesn't work on me.

I schooled you in my last post I am happy to school you again, kiddie.

"Claiming to be better than average can't be a null hypothesis by definition" - are you sure you even studies statistics at all? That is the biggest toss I have heard in a long time. Earlier I said you are embarrassing yourself. Now you should just be ashamed.

P-values are used to provide evidence contrary to null hypotheses and a null hypothesis is the hypothesis of no difference, what you said makes no sense.
Original post by inhuman
I am the extremist for being against the culture that thinks it's ok to tell girls to cover themselves up, that tells them they must obey men, that discriminates on the basis of sexual orientation?
Yea right. Good one.

Correction, No one is discriminating on the basis of sextual orientation, thats just your personal imagination. Also that has nothing to do with culture. That's what Islam teaches.
The burns on this guy are so high he can't even think straight whom to blame. :p:o
P-values are used to provide evidence contrary to null hypotheses and a null hypothesis is the hypothesis of no difference, what you said makes no sense.

No.

The null hypothesis is commonly stated as no difference.

1. There is no "rule" saying that has to be so 100% of the time.
2. I quite specifically said the p-value of "that statement".

Get schooled kiddie.
Original post by Vegito
Correction, No one is discriminating on the basis of sextual orientation, thats just your personal imagination. Also that has nothing to do with culture. That's what Islam teaches.
The burns on this guy are so high he can't even think straight whom to blame. :p:o

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

No gay man has ever been stoned in a Muslim country.

Pathetic that you stand up for this barbaric ideology.
Original post by Chakede
well the same study also showed muslim males as bineg well above national average of unemployed i think around 47% so clearly it isnt simply a matter only of 'women not needing to work' in islamic communities , perhaps more than some others , have high dependancy on benefit, so where there are many men who arnt in work, then their women should be encouraged to go out , get educated and get a job. as many other non-islamic ethnicities already do so

i think around 47%" Lol alright as you say. :tongue:
Original post by richpanda
I am not an islamic apologist by the way- I in fact hate the religion. But it has some of the highest birth rates and is the fastest growing religion. THAT is what defines human success, not if a woman can do an office job. They are outbreeding us.

You're assuming that muslim parents will have muslim babies.In actual fact it makes no sense to speak of muslim babies in the same way it makes no sense to speak of communist children.Just because it has a high birth rate doesnt mean the children will all grow up to be muslims.
Reply 214
Muslim Women get married then look after the kids most are housewife's and their Husbands provide for them exactly what is this BBC report trying to prove ?
Original post by AperfectBalance
Yes perfect being controlled by men.
I doubt you even have any idea about women in Islam and are just going around throwing irrelevant facts wherever u want. (this is my assumption of you, you shouldn't get too upset since you're making assumptions about Muslim women as well :smile:. educate yourself first then comment. Maybe that'll help you not to embarrass yourself in public x)
Original post by inhuman
Yea right. Good one.

you are literally twisting everything up and seeing the wrong end of the entire religion.
Original post by inhuman
No.

The null hypothesis is commonly stated as no difference.

1. There is no "rule" saying that has to be so 100% of the time.
2. I quite specifically said the p-value of "that statement".

Get schooled kiddie.

The null hypothesis has to be an equality.
Original post by squish562
Lol you're just one person. There are 1 billion Muslims. You might just be an exception.

i assure you there are more "exceptions"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending