The Student Room Group

British schoolgirl who ran away to Syria with her two friends dies in airstrike.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Reachin4TheStars
Ohh I think I remember and she was so pretty too 😶

:colonhash:

Spoiler

Original post by PrincessBO$$
:colonhash:

Spoiler

Trust 🙈
Trust 🙈

A lot of the girls that go there are pretty. It sad they are so young and could have had a lovely life :frown:
Reply 43
She was clearly a naive, highly impressionable and downright stupid girl who made a catastrophic decision.There is no justifiable reason for even thinking about joining a repulsive organisation such as ISIS. Whilst I wouldn't go as far as to celebrate her death as something positive I will say my sympathy for her is minimal. Huge Decisions have consequences. I am,however, sympathetic to her family and loved ones.
A lot of the girls that go there are pretty. It sad they are so young and could have had a lovely life :frown:

Yup and then they allow themselves to be exploited and abused like that 😞
Yh not really because it's not like they didn't kno wat it was like 😶😑

Stupidity at its finest.

yeh right :rolleyes:
Imagine if Aerys Targaryen was the syrian government.

BURN them all!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Stupidity at its finest.

Lol exactly. 😶
Original post by mercuryman
Imagine if Aerys Targaryen was the syrian government.

BURN them all!

While singing "I set fire to the rain"
To everyone wishing a painful death on a 17 year old girl, just take a look at yourself for a second and ask if that makes you the morally superior person you seem to claim to be? Radicalisation is a very complex issue, this is a group that preys on and abuses the vulnerable to recruit members who believe based on this brain washing that they are doing the right thing for them and their people. This isn't the black and white good vs evil battle that the media wants you to believe it is, its all shades of murkey grey, and an all over sad story for all involved.
Original post by topkart
Not mourn. Just don't celebrate like a sick **** who enjoys the torture of others. 'YEEEEAHHHH HANG HER HIGH, CUT HER HEAD OFF, SHOW THE WORLD HOW MORAL AND GOOD WE ARE, WHY CANT EVERYONE BE MORAL LIKE US, TORTURE TORTURE TORTURE TORTURE'.

Pathetic.

No, nobody's having a party. But if her death means that any more Muslim women that are disillusioned with the western kuffar lifestyle do not go to join ISIS and become abused sex slaves, then at least she will have had a single positive contribution to the world.

Do not mistake what she is; she's a terrorist and the worst scum of the earth. Leaving a country in which she was blessed to go to a warzone and be abused - because she believed in some poor, twisted ideology. It's painfully sad that anybody could be so deluded, and I realise that is in no small part thanks to her religious upbringing (for which you cannot blame people). But she made her choices, for which you can and should blame her.

Hopefully her death will mean that at least one less innocent dies this conflict. A desperately sad story with a desperately sad, yet entirely predictable ending. It's the cruel irony of it all that has us snorting in contempt.

Did she think she would be welcomed back with open arms? ISIS defector returns, parades in Westminster, fireworks on the Thames.
Kinda difficult for me to feel sympathetic for people who voluntarily move into a war zone and then get killed by stuff that goes on in war zones.
Original post by Double Agent
To everyone wishing a painful death on a 17 year old girl, just take a look at yourself for a second and ask if that makes you the morally superior person you seem to claim to be? Radicalisation is a very complex issue, this is a group that preys on and abuses the vulnerable to recruit members who believe based on this brain washing that they are doing the right thing for them and their people. This isn't the black and white good vs evil battle that the media wants you to believe it is, its all shades of murkey grey, and an all over sad story for all involved.

It's tragic, yes, but she isn't some innocent little girl. She traveled to an active warzone to join the fight, directly or indirectly, against her country. Disgusting.

What do you think she was expecting when she arrived in Syria? A safe and living family life, excellent community, going to watch beheadings on the weekends with the kids?

Don't defend terrorists.
Reply 54
Just when you thought TSR couldn't get worse you have people celebrating the death of a 17yr old girl who was radicalised.
Reply 55
Original post by 1010marina
No, nobody's having a party. But if her death means that any more Muslim women that are disillusioned with the western kuffar lifestyle do not go to join ISIS and become abused sex slaves, then at least she will have had a single positive contribution to the world.

By the look of this thread I would say quite a few people are celebrating.

A desperately sad story with a desperately sad, yet entirely predictable ending. It's the cruel irony of it all that has us snorting in contempt.

How is it a sad story? I thought you were happy at her death?

Did she think she would be welcomed back with open arms? ISIS defector returns, parades in Westminster, fireworks on the Thames.

I dont think she did.
Reply 56
Original post by Rk2k14
Just when you thought TSR couldn't get worse you have people celebrating the death of a 17yr old girl who was radicalised.

Its pathetic.

These people would claim to be moral angels who would never celebrate the rape and torture of someone as well.
Reply 57
I just don't care. No vindictive feeling towards her at all, just apathy.
Original post by topkart
By the look of this thread I would say quite a few people are celebrating.

How is it a sad story? I thought you were happy at her death?

I dont think she did.

Yes, I'm glad she died. Yes, I'm sad she was in a situation where she could be so easily deluded into believing what she did.

It boggles the mind that women can be convinced to go to ISIS. I understand men, but women! How awful. But if they go there despite knowing that they beat and torture women and keep sex slaves... I have no sympathy.

If you support the killing of innocents, I am hardly going to care when you die.
I neither rejoice, nor care.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending