The Student Room Group

GCSE geography

Anyone got any good revision tips for AQA GCSE geography?
Practise plenty of questions/past papers and work hard on the coursework ( if you have any ) cause it will take the pressure of your exams.
Reply 2
Original post by HopelessMedic
Practise plenty of questions/past papers and work hard on the coursework ( if you have any ) cause it will take the pressure of your exams.

I meant for like remembering the information for case studies or for the topics in general.
Original post by rosepower
I meant for like remembering the information for case studies or for the topics in general.

Ah ok. For case studies I'd make sure you have notes on all the info you need for each CS, then memorise it by processing the info in different formats e.g flash cards, posters, mind maps ect. For topics id say again make notes using the spec, but then do loads of questions which will test your understanding.
Reply 4
Original post by HopelessMedic
Ah ok. For case studies I'd make sure you have notes on all the info you need for each CS, then memorise it by processing the info in different formats e.g flash cards, posters, mind maps ect. For topics id say again make notes using the spec, but then do loads of questions which will test your understanding.

Thank you do you know any good websites especially for AQA?
Original post by rosepower
Thank you do you know any good websites especially for AQA?

Are you doing AQA B?
Reply 6
I did really well in Geography because my teacher was the best. Make a list of all of your case studies and regularly go over the main facts and the place specific detail that you need.

There will be some past exam questions (the long ones) of all of the case studies that you can do. You should practise writing out the exam answers without looking at your notes. Ideally, ask your teacher to mark them for you (but if they won't or you're uncomfortable with it I'll help you out if you need :smile:). Practising exam questions is the best technique because you learn to write exactly what the examiner is looking for and you remember to throw all of your small details in there as well.

I never found flashcards much use in most subjects, but I actually really like them in Geography to remember small details. For example on one side it would say "What year was the major Nevada Del Ruiz volcanic eruption?" and on the other side it would say "1985".

Something I've learnt from A Levels (where revision is a much bigger deal), rewriting things over and over in different ways is really helpful. You could also help consolidate your notes and information by watching YouTube clips and videos, you can even watch documentaries if you're really interested.

Whatever you decide to do, I find the exam question one to be the most useful. I wish you luck and remember if you need help I'm always here :smile: I've just finished studying my first year of A Level Geography
Reply 7
Original post by *Alisha*
Are you doing AQA B?

idk i think its A
Reply 8
Original post by Amefish
I did really well in Geography because my teacher was the best. Make a list of all of your case studies and regularly go over the main facts and the place specific detail that you need.

There will be some past exam questions (the long ones) of all of the case studies that you can do. You should practise writing out the exam answers without looking at your notes. Ideally, ask your teacher to mark them for you (but if they won't or you're uncomfortable with it I'll help you out if you need :smile:). Practising exam questions is the best technique because you learn to write exactly what the examiner is looking for and you remember to throw all of your small details in there as well.

I never found flashcards much use in most subjects, but I actually really like them in Geography to remember small details. For example on one side it would say "What year was the major Nevada Del Ruiz volcanic eruption?" and on the other side it would say "1985".

Something I've learnt from A Levels (where revision is a much bigger deal), rewriting things over and over in different ways is really helpful. You could also help consolidate your notes and information by watching YouTube clips and videos, you can even watch documentaries if you're really interested.

Whatever you decide to do, I find the exam question one to be the most useful. I wish you luck and remember if you need help I'm always here :smile: I've just finished studying my first year of A Level Geography

Thank you will try some exam questions

Quick Reply

Latest