The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Not a good day to day; I had two interviews yesterday (one I only had an hours notice for so didn't really have much time to prepare) and failed both of them. I feel like giving up. I just want to stay in bed and not facing the world.
Quite proud of myself today. Finally plucked up the courage to go to the dentist for the first time in years. Dentists are scary enough without having OCD and panic attacks but I got through it despite a panic and I'll have a killer smile by Christmas :biggrin:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Spock's Socks
Quite proud of myself today. Finally plucked up the courage to go to the dentist for the first time in years. Dentists are scary enough without having OCD and panic attacks but I got through it despite a panic and I'll have a killer smile by Christmas :biggrin:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Woo :h: :biggrin: 🎉
My poor kitty is having an operation today to remove a lump and get it analyzed. I'm really hoping it's just a cyst. He's my "therapy cat". :frown:

In other news, I'm seeing a new psychiatrist tomorrow. Dreading it. Last one I saw sectioned me. My spouse was meant to come with me but something's come up at work. I can't go back to hospital and I am so scared. :afraid:
Original post by Sabertooth
My poor kitty is having an operation today to remove a lump and get it analyzed. I'm really hoping it's just a cyst. He's my "therapy cat". :frown:

In other news, I'm seeing a new psychiatrist tomorrow. Dreading it. Last one I saw sectioned me. My spouse was meant to come with me but something's come up at work. I can't go back to hospital and I am so scared. :afraid:

Hope it all goes well for you :hugs: losing a pet is an awful thing :hugs: hopefully it is just a benign thing

Goodluck Sabertooth :emog: x
Original post by Anonymous
Hope it all goes well for you :hugs: losing a pet is an awful thing :hugs: hopefully it is just a benign thing

Goodluck Sabertooth :emog: x

Thank you, anon. :smile:

My cat is only 5. :frown: He's an indoor cat and I hoped that would keep him safe (when I was a kid so many of my cats were hit by cars) but I guess I was wrong. Hoping it's benign. :crossedf:
Hi. Hoping you're all okay :smile:
Original post by Lizzipth_Floyd
Hi. Hoping you're all okay :smile:
hello, how are you?

good luck

One of my cats had to go through this too a few years ago :frown: I hope it is just a benign cyst and that your cat recovers well from the op. Big hugs to you and best of luck with the new psychiatrist :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Feel stupid tbh.
Idk anyone else who has woken themselves up at 5am by laughing in their sleep
wasn't even anything funny about it.
:/
Really annoyed at my therapist, had that 1st appointment 4 or more weeks ago and she promised to try and find me a CPN as she thought therapy would not work by itself and promised to put me on medication which would be done by end of that week if not start of following week at lastest.

No phone calls, and I have rang a few times to be told I have to leave her a message and she will get back to me but she ends up not doing so.
Original post by drbluebox
Really annoyed at my therapist, had that 1st appointment 4 or more weeks ago and she promised to try and find me a CPN as she thought therapy would not work by itself and promised to put me on medication which would be done by end of that week if not start of following week at lastest.

No phone calls, and I have rang a few times to be told I have to leave her a message and she will get back to me but she ends up not doing so.

That's annoying she hasn't got back to you. However, maybe to help explain a bit, in the teams I have worked in, the allocations of CPNs and Social Workers are done by team managers. So the therapist will let the manager know that they think you need a care coordinator and then it will be discussed and if it is agreed you need a CC, they will put you on the waiting list, which can take some time. Also she will need to speak to a psychiatrist about meds, and their waiting lists can be very long.

Hopefully you hear back soon though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
:sad:
Original post by bluemadhatter
:sad:

:penguinhug:

~Anon 1
When your uni ****s you over and doesn't run the one module that was gonna get you through 3rd year AND was going to be central to your dissertation plans. :h: I am so angry right now.

Also starting medication next week but because it is A Level results day my shifts at work have increased massively. ****.
I hope this doesn't sound like I'm gloating... I just feel it's important to share happy news/progress too :redface:

I had a therapy assessment last week and have been offered some therapy to do "formulation work", towards figuring out what this feeling of having split personalities is. It may or may not lead to a revised diagnosis :ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I hope this doesn't sound like I'm gloating... I just feel it's important to share happy news/progress too :redface:

I had a therapy assessment last week and have been offered some therapy to do "formulation work", towards figuring out what this feeling of having split personalities is. It may or may not lead to a revised diagnosis :ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:woo: So glad you are getting progress!
Original post by Airmed
:woo: So glad you are getting progress!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Airmed
When your uni ****s you over and doesn't run the one module that was gonna get you through 3rd year AND was going to be central to your dissertation plans. :h: I am so angry right now.

Also starting medication next week but because it is A Level results day my shifts at work have increased massively. ****.

While this hasn't happened to me (but it is something I almost worry about), as someone going into third year next year, I can see how awful/annoying that must be, like why would they decide to remove something that is no doubt interesting or your area of expertise, ya know? :angry: especially when the 1st/2nd year modules aren't as interesting as some of the 3rd year ones. :s-smilie:

Latest