The Student Room Group

Sports Direct

How long does it take for sports direct to get back to you after you have had the interview to find out whether you've got the job or not?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by avess ahmed
How long does it take for sports direct to get back to you after you have had the interview to find out whether you've got the job or not?

Do not work for that company! You're better of being unemployed in the short-term and getting something else, save yourself the pain!
Reply 2
Original post by John2008
Do not work for that company! You're better of being unemployed in the short-term and getting something else, save yourself the pain!

You'll be treated like **** from day 1: no training, searched when you leave, forced to aggressively push products no-one wants at the till like magazines mugs etc, bullied into working when you're busy even if you have a very good reason else they're not give you more hours all in all they treat you like shite get something else
Original post by John2008
You'll be treated like **** from day 1: no training, searched when you leave, forced to aggressively push products no-one wants at the till like magazines mugs etc, bullied into working when you're busy even if you have a very good reason else they're not give you more hours all in all they treat you like shite get something else

Also if you never noticed, you seldom see immigrants/foreigners working in sports direct. This is because they try the job out and then think "**** it, I'm going back".
Reply 4
Original post by Laomedeia
Also if you never noticed, you seldom see immigrants/foreigners working in sports direct. This is because they try the job out and then think "**** it, I'm going back".

Yeah, but I need to find out if I've got it or not because they said they would contact me in a few days and its been a week and I've had no contact.
Original post by avess ahmed
Yeah, but I need to find out if I've got it or not because they said they would contact me in a few days and its been a week and I've had no contact.

Then you havent got it.

Do yourself a favor and do what I do when I job hunt. I fire off an application, some applications I put more effort into than others depending on how good the job is, and then completely forget that I even applied for that job.

There have been one or two occasions I may have applied for the same job twice doing this but its not something I care about. This way when a job offer/interview does come up its a pleasant surprise and I dont get anxious about whether Im gonna recieve a response or not. I automatically assume "reject" until I do get a response. Expect the worst, hope for the best.

With interviews, if I dont get a response within 2 working days I assume unsuccessful unless Im told the recruitment process is going to take longer, best to ask the interviewer when they expect to come to a decision.

I also bother trying to use correct grammar in applications which I typically dont do in my forum posts. Employers will use poor grammar, spelling etc as part of their filtering process.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending